loto rules I use

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

gwen
Gorgonzola

loto rules I use

Post by gwen »

Mine Lotto Rules (Small Private Raids)

Posted here to get suggestions and some arguments if it is fair. At this moment I got very good experiences with it.

----------------------------Rules--------------------------
All Players can lotto for 1 class (no restrictions) or 1 item.

Drops will be distributed on order of what class can use the item. A person who did name that drop to lotto for get it, if nobody did name the item it goes to the person who called the class it is suited for.

A person can never have more drops then1 more then the person with the lowest number of drops has. Should more then 1 drop for a class drop, but not enough items have been dropped to entitle the person for a 2e drop. The person then can choose what of the suited drops he likes.

Should 2 people want to lotto for the same class they decide the order of picking by /random 100 at the end of the raid.

Drops that are suited for more then 1 class, but not suited for all classes will be put in the most suited category, if several classes are most suited the person with the least choice of items gets it filled into they’re category.

When this is all done all left over drops (surplus of above) and all drops that are suited for all classes, and all drops that nobody did pick for as class will be put in 1 pool. All people who did not have a drop jet do /random 100, and can choose on that order.

This will proceed till all items are distributed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest advantage is that if 1 persons wants a specific drop like a respect stone can call for it, and his chances to get it if it drops is close to 100%, except of course if 2 persons want the same drop…

Also people now can come for the class they want drops for even when that class is not 45+ jet. I for example start to save items when I am level 35, so I got mine kit complete when I hit level 50.

Also all drops will be equally distributed, nobody gets more drops then others while even if there would be a surplus of 1 type of drops, that person is still happy with the rules because he got automatically first pick.

Gwen
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

sounds like a good plan for raids where there's more drops than people :) a fair bit of overhead where there's 70 folks though... wouldn't advise it for that kind of raid.

the reason for the class-based lotto is it's trying to honour the "need before greed" system - i.e. if a tank is in a group that gets a drop that's suitable for a tank, the tank gets it ... not the minstrel or the caster who have alts :)

of course then you have people who want to lotto for an alt - this is under the reasoning that they could have brought the alt instead, but they brought the other character because it's better for the raid. Still mostly need before greed :)

It's a nice system that, but I'd not want to try it on large raids.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
gwen
Gorgonzola

Post by gwen »

I base a drop on suited for.

So a ring with +30str fall in catogory all, becouse str debuff is a very common way to root a cloth caster for 2 min. But an +30cha ring is for minstrels only. And item restrictions often gives the most info about a drop.

Does not sound compleetly fair, but in fact it is. There is a bigger chance on a melee drop then on a caster drop in Sidi, also more caster items are not suited for other casters, and fall in the catagorie "left over".

Gwen
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

almost all the jewelery has +power which is useless for everyone, but limits it to a caster/hybrid-only :(

incidentally debuffs no longer root you since a recent patch :) (either 1.60 or 1.62)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard