OMG

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Catalina
Caboc

OMG

Post by Catalina »

This kinda made me laugh, unbelieveable how this guy got away with it for so long

http://www.blizzside.com/DarkWolves/Home/nerner.html

It'll take you a while to read thru the whole lot, i'm still gobsmacked.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Mythic's CSRs have to follow the code - if people click accept they accept...

one of the GOA GMs woulda banned him after the first lot ;)

(see Chaos Theory for example ;))

One advantage to playing here at least.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Collegien
Cheshire

Post by Collegien »

OMFG how do they let him get away with so much ....Nerf Nerner imo :( and mythic csrs that are too lame to take action and set a new standard. :evil:

They seem to do it accross more MMORPG's. a snip from their forum

Best part of the Tower loot on Europa was selling shit back to Ultima Thule for 2x the cost and buying phat ass tower, large marble home, 3 small towers, 2 cabins, and one vendor hut right outside of trinsic on Chessy.

Nothing like stealing 200+ million gold from a whole guild and making them eBay thier castle to pay for thier own stuff

At least they got accounts banned in the end

Post from thier forum

With great pleasure I present the latest, longest, and last DarkWolves story of DAoC!

I give you... Nerner the Alcoholic Alchemist. The story of the only person ever to be banned from DAoC for simply costing Mythic too much money.

According to Sanya, 12 players cancelled their accounts as a direct result of Seren (as Nerener)'s actions in the last 30 days before her account was suspended and then banned.... possibly more, she said, but she stopped counting at twelve.

Also according to Sanya, Seren was the most appealed about player in the history of DAoC. Head and shoulders above "some of the heaviest appeal producers in DAoC" as she referred to the DarkWolves. Or, to quote Sanya more accurately, the "frickin' DarkWolves".

Want to know why so many thousands of players appealed Seren? Want to know what could drive so many people to quit the game? Want to know what could drive a game company rep to say "frickin" ?

Serenety and some of the rest of us had been doing for months. There was no rule in the CoC at the time against scamming people dry... Mythic's view on the subject was, at that point, "if you hit accept in the secure trade window, it's your fault."

Then they started realizing they were losing customers. A lot of customers. So they suspended Serenety pending investigation and a possible ban. We appealed, throwing every frickin' argument in the book at 'em. We shot down every single one of Mythic's "charges," but in the end, they banned Serenety anyway because she was just costing Mythic too much money. During a phone conversation with Sanya, Seren was told just that. She was also told that while there was currently nothing in the rules to prohibit what she'd been doing, Mythic would be adding or changing language to that effect soon. Seren asked if they would name this new policy "The Serenety Clause" and Sanya agreed.

I'm not sure if they've ever actually gotten around to updating the CoC... I'm sure that takes a while 'cause it has to go through their legal staff and all that... but that's why we refer to the change in policy from "you hit accept, it's your own damn fault" to suspending/banning scammers as The Serenety Clause.

Good riddance !!!!
Lorthania
Mozarella

Re: OMG

Post by Lorthania »

Catalina wrote:This kinda made me laugh, unbelieveable how this guy got away with it for so long

http://www.blizzside.com/DarkWolves/Home/nerner.html

It'll take you a while to read thru the whole lot, i'm still gobsmacked.
:eek7: :o

I felt a slight nausea coming on reading the link post - the sheer despair that spat from the screen when ppl realized they had lost something they had been saving for for ages, it was freaky - even with my vivid imagination :( .

It just boggles my mind that someone can scam so many ppl for such a long time without CSR doing anything about it - surely a bell must have rung somewhere along the line. It just strengthens my conviction to never trade with a complete stranger - although I have served as 'intermediate' myself on several occasions and never had any issues. Good thing we can do things like this within the guild with ppl we trust and know...

Lorth
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
gwen
Gorgonzola

Post by gwen »

I only do transfers with people I know or are in the Alliance. Buying stuff is always on delivery.

I wish at times there where 2 /as channels, 1 for the regular stuff we have (as the rules aply to it) and one like /gu to chat a bit on, or ask for helps for quests/transfers, searching for a crafter, etc.

Got scammed a few times, and a few people tried more, it happens a LOT on excal, be warned.

This is also the reason I blame a guild for the actions of 1 person, and never see that as an exception. If the guild does not agre with the actions of that person they can ban him/her and compensate me.

This the only way to prevent this, keep your guild clean from this kind of people, and value the reputation of your guild. If anybody in RoC would do this I am sure they will get kicked out, I am also sure that as long as I am a member of RoC I will try to compensate the victem and I am also sure most people in RoC will try the same.

Gwen
Lalia
Edam

Post by Lalia »

DarkWolves are scum, but they're scum with a sense of humour. Some of their antics are pretty funny - not for the people they scam, of course.
Centuri
Cheddar

Post by Centuri »

What that guy did was totally out of order, however from other mmorpg games I have played. Those sorts of people can turn it into roleplaying and roleplay as a theif. Unfortunely goa cant do anything about poeple who want to roleplay.

However causing players discomfort I think are in the rules and this is a clear case of breaking that rule.

Ban him I would say
Keepers of the Light GM
Centuri Lvl 50 Arms
Earthfriend Lvl 42 Theur
Acoard Lvl 35 Cleric
CroudController Lvl 50 Sorc
+ some other alts
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

nerner wasn't roleplaying very well tbh... if he had done I'd have a bit more respect for him - he's still a griefing arsehole though.

And he did get banned.

Speaking of lame-arse scammers - any news on your guildies stuff Centuri?
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
livv
Stilton

fecking nerner

Post by livv »

wow.... this is just unbelievable...... I do blame daoc for letting this go so far.... nm that rule with the accept-button....... They knew he was stealing.... You can get banned for saying fuck but not for stealing... That rule just suck and if he hadn't been banned allready i would've gladly went to visit him and tell him what an arse he is..... Just can't believe pps do these things.... Especially with the little girl that was crying over her stolen weapons.... Just really sickening....
Lalia
Edam

Post by Lalia »

one of the good things about Goa is that they're much more free and easy about banning someone. DarkWolves would just all get banned here, on the basis of their web site alone. Mythic, on the other hand, like to play fair...
livv
Stilton

omfg

Post by livv »

just out of pure curiousity; anyone has the URL for the webbie of DarkWolves? Really curious to what bs they have on that webpage... :o
Painbringer
Leerdammer

Post by Painbringer »

I've been scammed recently by Mbps for 1.5p, but seeing this guys antics puts a whole new perspective on things lol
Lord Painbringer ChaosKnight
Lord of Pain and Smasher of Heads
2H Paladin WC 1000+ ML10 BM
Reign of Chaos (GM)

PAIN BASH!! PAIN SMASH!! PAIN DESTROY!!
DEATH TO THE ENEMY!!!!
Collegien
Cheshire

Post by Collegien »

Livv said : --- just out of pure curiousity; anyone has the URL for the webbie of DarkWolves? Really curious to what bs they have on that webpage...

http://www.blizzside.com/DarkWolves
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Collegien wrote:Livv said : --- just out of pure curiousity; anyone has the URL for the webbie of DarkWolves? Really curious to what bs they have on that webpage...
http://www.blizzside.com/DarkWolves
Nerner doesn't seem to be just a rotten apple, the whole guild admires and encourages him... I really wonder what these ppl are like IRL.
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
livv
Stilton

darkwolves

Post by livv »

well i really don't want to know them in rl....what a bunch of *****... And if they're also going wow you allready know to be carefull there;-)