General Information..On everything.

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Yue Kura
Oatcake

General Information..On everything.

Post by Yue Kura »

As I browse this site, I find myself confused..

First off, I'd like to ask: What's this site all about? Just an RPG, or something more?

Second: Is there a character profile guide?

Third: Could you tell me anything else I might need to know?
Collegien
Cheshire

Post by Collegien »

An easy way to reduce the confusion is to :

1. Buy a copy of Dark Age of Camelot plus expansions Shrouded Isles and Trials of Atlantis.

2 Check these websites
http://www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/en/home.php

3. Get yourself a large drink .... and enough supplies so that u dont have to go out for 4 months. ... and join in teh fun :P
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Hi Yue,

Dark Age of Camelot is an MMORPG. You create a character (like in a normal RPG) and play the game online, on a server together with hundreds of other players (unlike a normal RPG, which usually is pure solo work). You can group up with the other people on the same server in order to fight against the stronger enemies.

One of the possibilities of DAoC is to form guilds and alliances, these are more 'steady' groups of players. This site is used to communicate with other guild and alliance members for special events and anything related to the game.

Explaining the various possibilities DAoC offers would take us too far, if you really want to find out, follow Collegien's advice and pick up a copy of DAoC and its expansions. If you like playing RPGs, chances are you will be hooked on DAoC - I haven't played anything else for the past year :).

Grtz

Lorth
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Should be careful to note that www.camelotherald.com is the US news site about the game changes, we're playing on the european servers (run by goa.com - www.camelot-europe.com is their website)

The official dark age of camelot website with all the promotional stuff is
www.darkageofcamelot.com but the european site has a fair bit of info on it about what the game is about as long as you have Flash installed.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard