about the KotL site

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Syri
Leerdammer

about the KotL site

Post by Syri »

don't know if anyone visits the kotl site at all, but a couple of days ago, the site was defaced as a result of a bug in an old version of phpbb and php. i'm trying to build up a backup to restore it, but i'm missing a few files from my backup. if anyone has any files from the kotl website in their web cache and can extract them, if you could mail them to syri [at] kotl.couk.com i would greatly appreciate it.
I'm working with my host to have the site back up as soon as possible, but the worm's a nasty one...

might be worth checking that this site's host is protected against it also, as it not only defaces every php and html page, it also seems to change ownership of them, so you need root access to restore the files
Former officer of KotL
Now playing World of Warcraft on Burning Steppes (EU)
Syri - lvl 70 Blood Elf warlock
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Yes, read about this on a tech forum this morning and pm'ed Fing about it - apparently, every phpBB prior to v2.0.11 is under threat. Let's hope we aren't besieged before they get a chance to fix it :).
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

whee upgraded
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard