Spellcrafting tips

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Jocelynn
Cheshire

Spellcrafting tips

Post by Jocelynn »

Well I've started a SC'r and Davim started a Tailor, so I was wondering if anybody has any links to any good spellcrafting sites. I've got access to the calculators but just wanted to read up a bit while I craft on Davims Tailor and my spellcrafter while I'm doing it, any help appreciated!

J
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

The great thing about SC'ing is that there are so many things to craft you can always be crafting within a coupl eof points of your level. Craft low oranges (2-3 points above skill level) and it goes relatively fast. (I did it in the days before the /mbuy command when you had to run around Cammy for ingredients I think I was mad!).

Once you've done a few hundred points you'll begin to see the structure of the gems and skill levels and you'll know which ones to swap to each time.

You won;t be able to do o/c til you're 1k skill (well you might get lucky but you'll laso blow up a fair bit) but you can make alot of the gems people need for templates well below that so if you know a LGM SC'er it works quite nicely if you make gems for some of their orders - someone in guild worked with Katya like this - they'd make al the gems they could then I'd just do the imbueing and any difficult gems.

Little tip for the Tailor - salvage everything from lowbie group and it will work out very cheap to level up :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Jocelynn
Cheshire

Post by Jocelynn »

Well I had been keeping to yellows then swapping every 10 dings, but I'm going to try it the other way now with oranges. I didn't even notice there was a structure of anything in the chaos, but trying it the way you suggested will obviously reveal the hidden secrets of the craft to me!

Thanks for the tips! :)
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Javai wrote:Little tip for the Tailor - salvage everything from lowbie group and it will work out very cheap to level up :)
Everything that can't be used by a member of the lowbie group that is. We're not allowed to transfer stuff from alts.

Though joc's wizard's glowy staff looks suspicious ;)

For tailoring i'd recommend sticking to gloves and sleeves as much as possible. Also don't forget secondary trades for levelling any leather/metalworking etc if it lags behind.

This has some useful info

http://www.guardiansofvalor.com/Strateg ... gGuide.asp
Mal

XB/PSN/Steam/Twitter: merseymal
Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Jocelynn
Cheshire

Post by Jocelynn »

Terris wrote:Though joc's wizard's glowy staff looks suspicious ;)
I'm a shallow person, and I can't help it! :oops:

Terris wrote:...don't forget secondary trades for levelling any leather/metalworking etc if it lags behind
I argued with davim till I was blue in the face that it levelled with the skill, thinking it would be much like Armour crafting, but alas I was wrong and he was right (rar :( )