Phpbb2 help

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Jocelynn
Cheshire

Phpbb2 help

Post by Jocelynn »

I was wondering if anybody is able to help, I am upgrading the guild website to the latest version, and I'm a bit stuck.

We've renamed the admin file, we replaced everything else, then deleated the new file and renamed the old one so we keep the origonal settings. Now according to the phpbb site we should run the install_to_latest.php file to finish it off, now if I've tried opening it from our pc, from our hosts ftp bit, and from smart ftp and it does nothing. How should I run the file and where from? What does it look like when I do it?

This has taken me and Dav two days of scratchin our heads... can any of you shed some light on where we are going wrong?
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

you just go to the URL - /install/install_to_latest.php or something.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

like Fing says just type the path to the upgrade script (blahblahblah.php) straight into your browser, the script runs live on the server then it will probably tell you to delete the file (via FTP prob) or anyone else could rerun the upgrade script at any time and that would not be good.

Jocelynn
Cheshire

Post by Jocelynn »

Aye, what we had done was, we had installed it, but it had made its own new directory on the FTP thingy! Once we discovered the noob mistake we had made we got it going :)