Bioshock

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Indeed - had been having some problems with BF2142 of a similar nature as well - just seems like the gfx would lock up for a split second when you hit a gfx intensive area, hopefully that will remedy it - might sell those gfx cards now then and just get me a single one thats a bit beasty :)

Thanks again for all the help :)
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Yowin
Camembert

Post by Yowin »

I get that problem in LotRO. I have not run that game with SLi indicator on so I can not see where the bottleneck is but in LotRO at least I suspect that it is a swap file effect. Try turning textures down one notch?
Yowin of the Trinovante; Friar, Level 50
A hoast of others sub-50

'Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way.' - Daniele Vare
Talifer
Cornish Yarg

Post by Talifer »

I finished this last night, bought it on Saturday so it took approximately 20 hours /played. I didn't leave a room unmapped, tried to explore every nook and cranny.

I've had no problem at all with the game installed it, updated my drivers as advised, played the game. I think it crashed twice in 20 hours.

I was a little disappointed with the game to be honest, I was expecting something with more atmosphere. While I do like the whole 50s style and looking out of the windows at the ocean scene, the game itself lacked anything really gripping. Yes the graphics are nice, I especially like the opening scene the wreck on fire looks very good, but this will never make up for gameplay and atmosphere. I was always expecting something to happen but it never did, if you've played Half-life you might know what I mean, there are bits in Half-life that make you literally jump in your seat, this never happened in Bioshock. I can remember only on one bit in the game that was spooky, where I thought to myself hmmm I'm sure that wasn't there before and had to reload to see if I had missed it or whether it was a nice twist (It was a neat twist by the way but I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't played it :))

The other disappointment is that there are very few enemies, rarely do you meet something new and think, holy crap what's that!

The story line was kind of predictable, you may not know the exact details but the gist of what is going to happen is pretty transparent, I too was disappointed with the ending. The missions got a little annoying, it was just the same repeated formula all the way through

Go to A for item X, get to A find X isn't there, damn, go to B to find Y instead etc etc...

So you think you're getting somewhere or are near the end when actually there's another 8 hours before you finish. After this happens umpteen times you kind of want to just get to the end and finish the game as fast as possible.

I think the reviews of this game have been based to much on the graphics, I certainly wouldn't give it 10/10 or >95%. I would say it is an average FPS with very good graphics, more story than Quake/Unreal but not a patch on Half-Life (Haven't played Half-Life 2, could not get the sound to ever work).

Talifer
<TMM>Borgio
Gorgonzola

Post by <TMM>Borgio »

ive got vouchers which would bring the price of this down to a tenner. Is it worth a tenner??
GM of The Merry Men

Yes I meant ARSman!!

Talifer
Cornish Yarg

Post by Talifer »

Yes I would say it's worth a tenner.

It's not a bad game I think it's just been overhyped.

Talifer
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Did you play it in the dark with a headset on Tal? I found it has already made me jump once or twice and I am only up to Medical - play it very loud and when those Splicers jump out it can be a eeek moment, I will judge it more though once I get home and get back to playing it through, but definately worth a tenner dude.
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard