Good B&B or hotel in London

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Good B&B or hotel in London

Post by Gribz0r »

Hello my fellow Humbertonians and allies. I have a friend/colleague at work who is going to visit London for the Snooker Masters at the Wembley Arena. She's been to London many times but always on the cheap. Now she would like a bit more luxury and so we're trying to find some info through different channels and I thought well let me try this as well. I'm sure some of you have good addresses where you stayed yourself or from hearsay :)
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

I stayed in the hotel near Wembley Arena earlier this year I think it was, was pretty nice - got the room via the web for £75 as well instead of the £150 they were advertising, think its an ex-hilton..

bigass link here

If that link works - thats the one, Wembley Plaza. Nice late bar, didn't try the food there though :)
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

The last time we were in London, we stayed at the Saint Gregory Hotel.

It's a new, modern hotel in south east London (Shoreditch area, the nearest tube station is Liverpool Street).

It's by far the best hotel we've ever had in London and you can find very good prices on the Internet.

The downside is that might a bit out of the way for Wembley,
but Liverpool Street has very good connections
and there's a bus stop in front of the hotel.

Always at your service for extra info :).

Edit: and I have no idea why this post is so wide it needs a scrollbar :p.
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

Thanks for the info, I will pass it on :D
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

The scroll thingy is my fault - long link that I pasted - didnt realise til afterward and not sure how to amend it to a clicky without knackering the link, so I left it alone :)
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

Small update: I've now been invited to join her to London. Hmm been like years I've been there have been spending more time in the rest of teh UK, and tempting to see The Hurricane play The Whirlwind live :D

Not very keen on giving up some leave days for it though.
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I'd give an arm and a leg for a holiday in London :o
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

Lorthania wrote:I'd give an arm and a leg for a holiday in London :o
Deal! :wink:

No I don't mean I don't like London!, I mean I have at the moment (and next year) other priorities to use days off.
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

Think the saint gregory is the one we book overseas colleages into at work. It's nice from what I've seen.

Wemb(eeerrr)ley is in the wastelands of North London though, a god-forsaken place I tell you! :p
Last edited by Jiggs on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

Evzy wrote:The scroll thingy is my fault - long link that I pasted - didnt realise til afterward and not sure how to amend it to a clicky without knackering the link, so I left it alone :)

use the [*url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/]THE GUARDIAN[*/url] without the "*"

LIKE THIS!!!
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

I think that makes sense... I will pretend it totally does until I stuff another link - would fiddle with the one above but then people reading this thread 100 years from now wouldnt know what all teh fuss was about.
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Gribz0r wrote:
Lorthania wrote:I'd give an arm and a leg for a holiday in London :o
Deal! :wink:

No I don't mean I don't like London!, I mean I have at the moment (and next year) other priorities to use days off.
Come on, a guy has got to relax too :-).

Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Jiggs wrote:Think the saint gregory is the one we book overseas colleages into at work. It's nice from what I've seen.
We wanted to avoid those cramped and overpriced hotels in mansions in the centre of London, which is what you usually get when you book through a travel agency over here. So we went looking on the Internet and this one came up with a very nice price reduction which made it affordable :).

The only downside is that the nearest tube station closed some time ago and we didn't know about the bus stop until we got to the hotel, so we dragged our luggage all the way there (well, I was doing the dragging, because Sophie was 7 months pregnant at the time :p ).

We booked the hotel without breakfast so we could get a full English at Spitalfields Market just down the road - a good start of the day :-).

Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

St Gregory looks fully booked if I check the internet, well at least via booking.com :( London is just too hip and trendy! Bloody tourists.
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

evzy's link beast from hell haxxored :p
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Fingoniel wrote:evzy's link beast from hell haxxored :p
But now no-one will understand a portion of this thread !! Curse you and your haxxoring skillz dude...

Though without giving something away, there is still a thread somewhere in these forums where my haxxor skillz have pwned you and you havent noticed yet... :wink: