Hey there!

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

deetee7101
Cheddar

Hey there!

Post by deetee7101 »

Just wanted to say a quick hello to you all. I read your article on the war-europe site and thought you sounded like an awesome guild. Fits my playstyle perfectly so I will be making it my mission to join your ranks come release!

Basically I'm an old timer that played DAOC for 4 years before moving to WOW. I work a lot of hours per week and have two kids so a nice causal atmosphere when playing sounds great! That’s not to say I don’t enjoy a competitive fight in RVR or a challenge in a PVE instance though! I like to make the most of my time online 

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out on the website and hopefully get to meet up with you guys come release.
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

hello :)
sleepy
Tikuto
Cheddar

Post by Tikuto »

I guessing you were in the closed beta recently by that post. Yes/No?
I'm new around here too. Hello, anyway, and, well, be patiant as WAR until WAR finally launch or you'll end up like this:
Disciple of Khaine

Hello, guild. Seen the guild in EU closed beta EN Server 01 and was trying to join but was on the wrong side (duh). :(

I am in beta. Ya rly! :o
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Ello :)

Sound like you'd probably fit in - come and find us on release and we'll see how it goes :)

What DAOC server did you play on?
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
deetee7101
Cheddar

Post by deetee7101 »

Tikuto wrote:I guessing you were in the closed beta recently by that post. Yes/No?
Nope, never got selected for beta :/
deetee7101
Cheddar

Post by deetee7101 »

Fingoniel wrote:Ello :)

Sound like you'd probably fit in - come and find us on release and we'll see how it goes :)

What DAOC server did you play on?
I played on Prydwen. Played a skald called Merloch in the early days then a Spiritmaster named Repo and a hunter named Meo. I ended up with a 50 of every class :)
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

ahh mid/pryd - think we had a few folks playing on there on alts.
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

~chuckles fondly at the memory of typing /delete Prydwen into the internet and seeing what happened~

Feels good to confess.
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Evzy wrote:~chuckles fondly at the memory of typing /delete Prydwen into the internet and seeing what happened~

Feels good to confess.
rofl, evil Evzy.

I was a hib on prydwen (made it to level 21 on my /levelled Warden... I wasn't great at doing alts on other servers).
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Fingoniel wrote:
Evzy wrote:~chuckles fondly at the memory of typing /delete Prydwen into the internet and seeing what happened~

Feels good to confess.
rofl, evil Evzy.

I was a hib on prydwen (made it to level 21 on my /levelled Warden... I wasn't great at doing alts on other servers).
I'm great with alts on the same server, but never seem to be able to level an alt on another one.

Tried a few times on both Hib/Pryd and Mid/Pryd but never quite managed anything worthwhile.

I expect the same for WAR so i'm glad i've seen pretty much all Order has to offer so far.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I never quite got into playing Mid, seemed to get lost in Jordheim all the time, such a messy city :-).
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
loren soth
Gorgonzola

Post by loren soth »

i was the exception to the rule then i think as i have 50's on both servers one was alb as you know and the other was mid, before i quit i had in the end

Rastlin Majere - thane, Azran - Bonedancer at 50 on mid/pryd

and on excel

Loren - reaver, Mentuhotep - Infiltrator, Ramesses - Fire wizard at 50 on alb/excel
Warhammer age of reckoning
retired
World of warcraft
Retired
Aion
Retired
Eve online
Retired
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Hib was my alt realm - had a Valewalker and a Vampiir roaming about :)
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Egor
Cornish Yarg

Post by Egor »

loren soth wrote:and on excel

Loren - reaver, Mentuhotep - Infiltrator, Ramesses - Fire wizard at 50 on alb/excel
That must have been a pretty good Excel macro :)
loren soth
Gorgonzola

Post by loren soth »

hehe i thought i spelt it wrong but i could not be bothered to put it right :-) just being lazy
retired
World of warcraft
Retired
Aion
Retired
Eve online
Retired
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

the only class i remember having on DaOC was a lvl 32 vampir but i retired that when i heard WoW was coming
deetee7101
Cheddar

Post by deetee7101 »

Quick update:

I ordered the game form direct2drive last night and they already sent me an Open beta key so I will be playing a little sooner that expected! Will give me some time to try out the classes etc! I even managed to download the client from www.war-europe.com and have it installed waiting!

Any recommendations for classes on Destruciton side?
loren soth
Gorgonzola

Post by loren soth »

it depends on ye play style if you like killing loads then it might be sorcerer or magus but if you like being a meat sheild then its black orc or chosen and if you like middle of thr line dpsing then i suggest maruder but i am no expert when it comnes to the healers as i advoid them like thr plague
retired
World of warcraft
Retired
Aion
Retired
Eve online
Retired
deetee7101
Cheddar

Post by deetee7101 »

Did a little research! And after watching this I think a Shaman will be my first roll in Open Beta!
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

cool :) played an archmage (who's similar to a shaman, but elfy and ordery) in beta and really liked it.
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

i love the look of the shaman think he might be my first roll but i looking at that guys vids do you start off at 31 because that guy has all the classes at 31 already?
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

the last stage of beta before it shut down had us all level 31 for new characters.
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

ah ok thanks