Silly question: Does anyone know how the headstart works?

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Naetharu
Cheddar

Silly question: Does anyone know how the headstart works?

Post by Naetharu »

Heya chaps,

I was trying to figure out how the headstart works and I was just wondering if anyone here knows the details? I've preordered the game from Play.com and it says on their site that the pack includes the extra items and the live start on the 15th, however I am unsure how I can access this if I dont have the retail box until the 18th...

I'm probably just being daft and have missed some obvious place where it is written, however if anyone knows the details or is able to post me a link to them I'd really appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Naetharu
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

In theory you should get a headstart code e-mailed to you which you can then enter on the account management pages at war-europe. However, the pages aren't yet available. Also there is some confusion about if/when play.com are mailing out the codes.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

The CE preorder came with a case containing three codes (open beta, headstart and bonus items), not sure how they're doing it for the SE preorder.

Some info on FH here suggests they're emailing them out - though given they're not listed on the GOA site as a partner I wonder if everything's finalised yet...
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

damn i want the ce but when i went to buy the uk one it was sold out are there any others that are still in stock (uk versions?)
Naetharu
Cheddar

Post by Naetharu »

I had a really good look as I too wanted a CE edition but I am pretty sure that all of the UK ones are out of stock now.

Anyhow, I think that I shall send Play.com an e-mail to find out how this is working...I'll post any responce I get in here.

Naetharu
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

think the CE sold out in the UK a while ago :( HMV had boxes on shelves but it sounds like they might have oversold their allocation despite still having boxes out...
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

In order to play closed beta / open beta / headstart before you get your box you have to download the client.

Play.com have a made a couple of promises last week of "definitely today" and still haven't sent codes out.

As has been said the place to even enter these codes on www.war-europe.com will be unveiled next week.