open beta

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

well im peved but o wel guess ill have to go play css
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

is that good i was thinking about getting after the CGS
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

cgs? donno that 1 but yea css is good
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

this is on the main webpage:

The last step on the long road to the Open Beta is now here! We have been distributing open beta keys through Collector's Edition pre-orders, premium Standard Edition Pre-orders and partnerships with websites. If you have an Open Beta key, Register a new account and enter it here. Please note that Closed Beta testers do not need to create a new account as Open Beta access is automatically granted all previous testers.

A light patch on 205mb will be available soon and the Open Beta begins early this afternoon. We will be updating you with the exact time that the servers will be open before then. Please note that at this time you should only use your Open Beta key, codes for the head start or bonus items are not yet valid.

Some of you are experiencing a 414 error. This is a time-out message, please wait a few minutes and try again.

looks like you just need to keep trying :(
sleepy
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

aye i read that ages ago but i mean cmon ive tried like 12 times arghh!
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

same and i have coursework to do but its buging not knowing whats going on
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

you dont have to start over and over again doyou or can you just keep pressing continue
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

Jazzamad wrote:you dont have to start over and over again doyou or can you just keep pressing continue
i know ive bin doing it 4 ages
Botchulaz
Brie

Post by Botchulaz »

I've also been trying since about 10 in the morning still no luck though im alternating between error messages 414 and 300
"Please! N-no more kicking!"
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

thats the same with me

to lok into that patch thing does it have to be a beta account or can it be an old account
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

we dont know atm this is still mucked up
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

this is so fucked up why would they leave it till last few hours to let evry1 get there accounts when theres nearly 1.5million betas to get through on limited sized of who can register at once i gonna get a drink this is pissing me off now :pint: :help: :pint: :help: :pint: :help: :evil: :pint: :help: :help: :evil: all of these added together = alcaholic
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

lol to many smilies in one post tbh
Aadia
Cheshire

Post by Aadia »

Jazzamad wrote:this is so fucked up why would they leave it till last few hours to let evry1 get there accounts when theres nearly 1.5million betas to get through on limited sized of who can register at once i gonna get a drink this is pissing me off now :pint: :help: :pint: :help: :pint: :help: :evil: :pint: :help: :help: :evil: all of these added together = alcaholic
Relax... sniff some fresh air, get out for a few hours and try again later - lots of people trying to get in all at the same time at the moment :wink:
DAOC: Retired

LOTRO: Ariel, Aadia, Allie
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

well im doing some of my coursework whilst waiting for this fucking thing
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

If it's any consolation the actual servers aren't up yet so you aren't missing play time.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

completed patching, just waiting for the actual game servers to light up now :)

not rubbing it in or anything ;)
sleepy
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

you registerd? fing lucky git
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

i didnt need to register, i was in the CB
sleepy
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

well i took your advice went out for a bit got soe lunch and came back clicked continue i am now on stage for thank god but its do the sma ething so im just going to w8 i rekon theres some kind of w8
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

lucky im still stuck on 3
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

well dw just leave it for and our come back to it l8ers its a que and every time i think you press continue you go to teh back of it
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

god i waited for an hour and nothing this is really pissing me off argh god damn you goa
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

i rekon once some of the players get into the game it will become easier
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

There has been a misunderstanding about the creation of new accounts. If you already have an account on www.war-europe.com , you don’t need to create a new one and can activate your key directly here.

one there link doesnt work 2 you cant even log in 3 the servers are now up 4 im going to god damn explode if they dont fix it WAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

i believe in my personal opinion
1) day has been a success for the launch as now more peopele are going to be creating new accounts for the launch. This means that come launch they know hat they can expect and can fix it.
2) thats why they told us to create new accounts so that they could see if they what would happen if they did get an overload of account creation
3)This is a beta so they have the right to do this as you are getting in for free, unless you have pr-orderd, we are here to help them and we should be coperating with them instead of spamming.
4) to many younger imature children who go there hands on the free beta keys are spamming and complaining to GOA becuas ethey probaly think its a game headstart.
5) GOA werent allowed to do as they wished due to spamming and unfair complaing and have now said you cnado it through old accounts
6) yes we have a right to be annoyed but deal with its a game the log ins and register have been shut now so something is being done to fix it.

i found this bad boy speech which i believe is fair and i think its truthful
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

hehe :) I think the new accounts might have been just a miscommunication (e.g. "people signed up for beta can reuse their account, everyone else must create one before registering their keys" turns into "people in beta already can reuse their account...")

But it gives a fantastic stress test of the account creation system.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Jazzamad
Gouda

Post by Jazzamad »

lol i dont mind

they doing there job and i highly doubt this will happen at launch becuase they will have the knowlodge on how to combat it in future.
Botchulaz
Brie

Post by Botchulaz »

The account creation and beta key authentification services are now officially down, its just a waiting game now.

Our registration and authentication servers have been taken offline for maintenance. This means that it is currently not possible to create new accounts or authenticate Open Beta keys. During this maintenance we are processing all queued account registrations and key authentications. These services will be available as soon as this work is complete.
"Please! N-no more kicking!"
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Make sure you all get the kinks ironed out for when I join on Headstart - cba with this OpenBeta lark - leave you lot to get all stressed and I will just stroll onto the servers and begin my pwnage when the guff is all sorted :great:
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3