movie reviews

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

The wolf of wall street ....ahahahahahahaha ..no ok this is just one of the funniest films ever made ..and this from the director of goodfellas...the story is great and hilarious to the point of wetting your pants de caprio is on top form and suprisingly pretty good with the comedy parts ...ok the bad part is this is pretty much just a remake of the boiler room and at 3 hours your arse will fall off

that said i wouldnt miss this film for anything ...
come get some noobs!!!!!!
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Black sails .. outstanding series about pirates ..stars replaced spartacus with this ...another pretty much all british cast ..with one of the best credit intros iv ever seen hehe ... seriously i highly recommend this one ..its pirates of the carrabean nasty style

Captain phillips .. tom hanks ... i avioded this for ages as i just didnt fancy it .. jesus was i wrong .. its directed by paul greengrass .. the bourne movies guy .. as usual his direction of a thriller is outstanding ..and he has you on the edge of your seat for much of the film ..great film
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

New tv series ..Turn .. its about americas 1st spy ring during the war of indapendance ..it stars the guy from the billy eliot film ..sorry forgot his name .. anyway another outstanding pilot that has been picked up by AMC .. they tend not to mess with stuff ...highly recomend this
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the legend of hercules ... this is without a doubt the worst fucking pile of crap iv ever seen .. its even worse than clash of the titans

Robocop ... dont bother the original is 10 times better than this week arsed crap

I frankenstien .. wow if your a fan of films like underworld you will love this .. i had never heard of it but enjoyed every min of it .. i smell a cult classic and a new franchise here
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

300 rise of a nation ... you know this film was panned by the critics as the 1st was .. makes me think were these fucking morons live .. is it all pink and fluffy there ? this film is superb .. critics need to learn that movies are watched by ordinary ppl who simply want to be entertained .. ( oh its not exactly art though is it old chap) FUCK OFF
they sing the praised of films and give them oscars that make most ppl go wtf ?? as in mind numbingly boring shite that wont even break even .. then a film everyone loves becomes a cult movie and sells loads on dvd is initially panned and called garbage ...can we please have ppl in these jobs that give a normal persons opinion not these deluded muppets froim never never land ... rant out
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

wow here is a real shocker ... the transformer films have grown up and gone very very nasty .. totally new cast thank god ..looks interesting thats for sure

in going to make a prediction here lets see if i get it right down the line a bit huh .. every single movie released this year will get its ass handed to it by one ..and will probably take more at the box office than all the rest put together .. can you guess what it is ??

yup .. dawn of the planet of the apes will clean up .. and deservedly so ..the 1st one was mesmerising at it was .. now its turned up about 50 notches ....go check out the trailer
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

just a quick heads up on a movie that is probably going to be epic .. but isnt getting much advertising .. christopher nolans new film Interstellar .. staring mathew mconahay no idea how to spell his last name sorry hehe .. anyway go check out the trailer
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

pompeii ..... hmmm well its not that bad a film really just well casting kiether sutherland as the bad guy was the most idiotic bit of casting iv ever seen .. his attempt at an english accent for a roman senator are pain to your ears ... to the point when he apears on screen you groan .... the rest of the film isnt too bad really but ...a watch and quickly forget film .. wait till its on tv dont pay
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

new series ... Crossbones .. pirate series looking to cash in on the success of black sails ... its starts out looking like a 3rd rate pile of tat

stick with it .While not even close to the utterly brilliant black sails its not that bad . john malchovich as blackbaerd is interesting .. its not brilliant so far but its by no meanse terribble ... and while there is only game of thrones on at the mo to watch its worth watching id say ... if not only to see were there going with it
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

new tv series ... Gang related .. a mexican gang in LA send a member to join the police force .. not seen a cop show as good as this since the shield .. all the time while watching there is a menacing undertone that keeps you on the edge of your seat ... you know at any moment some nasty suprise is gonna happen ... only seen the pilot so far and i was riveted .. lets see were they take this one
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Jack Ryan shadow recruit ... based on the tom clancy book the cast is superb the plot and story is just fine ... the director is useless .. no idea how to pace a thriller whatsoever .. many times in the 1st 40 mins i found myself thinking ... get on with it ffs....the shitty director has turned what could have been another bourne into a run of the mill made for tv thriller .. shame really .. wait till its on tv
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the monument men ... mega cast for this one ..clooney damon ,blanchet ect ect .. they made the film look awsome in the trailer .. sadly its the biggest load of old dog shit iv ever seen ... unbelivably boring ...dont pay to see it .. hell when it comes on the tv watch something else ... cant reccomend in any way
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

crossbones update ... forget it .. its total poo ...they must have spent the entire acting budget on malchovich cause everyone else just phones it in ...
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

The Last Ship .. pilot ..stumbled on this by accident so i had no clue whatsoever what i was watching at the time ..ok the cast ..yeah good cast ..the story .. more on that later ... the actual script .. yup pretty good .. ok as to the actual story .. erm well i cant really tell you much as it would completely ruin it for anyone watching this .. the best i can do is say it starts as lets say looking like NCIS a bit then completly scares the shit out of you ...
this is an outstanding pilot
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Stalingrad thought this was going to be another enemy at the gates ..wrong its a russian film were they dubbed the rissian parts into english but left the german as well german .. wtf ?
ok the sets are pretty lavish and the fight scenes are nasty and well done .. sadly there very far and few between and huge chunks of the film is unbelivably tedious shit ...it also gets very very predictable

its a shame really this one just doesnt live upto anything and tbh is not worth the 2 hours running time ..dont bother watching it you wount be missing anything

power update ...well the pilot looked interesting .. but sadly it didnt live up to expectations .. its very slow to the point were id say they are stretching out far too many scenes and storys that they dont need to do to the point were it gets very boring for long streches and you sit there thinking get on with it ffs ..they action is pretty shite also and is over in the blink of an eye .. you just find while watching this you dont really give a shit ..i wont be watching anymore of it myself
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Dominion ..remember a film called Legion starring paul bethany as arch angel micheal who fights to defend the second coming in a small dinner off route 66 ? .. yeah i know .. its actually a decent film if you have not seen it .. anyway this is a tv series that follows on from the film left on +20 years and the baby is now a man .. angel wars against man ect ect ... its pretty dam good tbh watched 2 episodes and was entertained every min ..
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

star trek continues ... erm wtf lololol sorry but hahahahahaha ... its done in exactly the same was as the original .. same cheesy acting same cheesy efects same cheesy sets ect ect .. its actually pretty funny , but soon gets old .. boom boom .P
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

penny dreadfull ...this is basically the league of exrodinary gentlemen ...but were as that movie was shite this tv series is about the best series i have ever seen only game of thrones tops this ...main cast is timothy dalton eva green billie pipper and josh hartnet ...everything about this is exeptional ..and it scared the bejesus out of us ..there wasnt 1 second were i was bored in any way ..warning though this is ubelivably grusome ..its a colaberation between sky and showtime so they have spent some cash on it ..and nobody phones it in

all i can say is do not miss this series
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Godzilla ... wtf never in my entire life have a felt so utterly cheated than when this stinking pile of hore shit finished ...90% of the film is done in pitch black .. that way they save cash on the special effects ofc ... you hardly see the monsters much till the last 20 mins when they fight .. and that was done so fucking badly it just made me angry ....trust me if you have not watched this yet stear well clear of it about as far as say bolivia would be a good idea
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

anyone a fan of the denzel washington move man on fire ???

watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0GkVZK8zA

oh hell yeah
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

dawn of the planet of the apes ... my god this film is stupidly good ..mesmerizing the entire movie .. if your a fan of the 1st film this is a must see
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

The Strain, based on the trilogy of books by Guillermo Del Torro and Chuck Hogan.
It`s up to episode 4 in the states at the moment and it`s bloody awesome :)
sleepy