movie reviews

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

i know what you mean evsy .. its a decent movie but like you i found it a bit disjointed more like a bunch of skits loosly strung together . but still its a good one for the kids heh

here are a few more
Faster .. bill bob thornton and dwight johnsson. aka the rock
really enjoyed this one . Revenge movie . reminded me of the terminator in a way . definatly worth a watch

the next 3 days .. russel crow .. once again a superb movie from him in this prison break tale . at times its heart rending and you really feel for him and his family . the middle of the film is VERY slow . on purpose id say . bear with it . for the simple reason the end is at a million miles an hour and has you on the edge of your seat . fantastic film must see

Freight / brit flick about romanian ppl trafficers in the uk ... erm its shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
come get some noobs!!!!!!
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Watched Faster the other night, wasn't that fussed - thought it was ok but the "twist" at the end - if it was a twist i thought was mega obvious, was hoping for a bit more of a spin on it. Ok acting etc and moves at a decent pace though.

Inglorious Bar Stewards - watched it last night finally, was a bit underwhelmed by it, thought the dialogue wasn't up to usual snappy tarantino standard and it dragged at times, not enough action and too much pontificating between characters that just didnt entertain me, some fantastic acting in it and the german Lando? was brilliant, Brad Pitt the same, just thought it a shame they didnt focus more on the inglorious crew... maybe it wasnt the film I was expecting to be fair...
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

spartacus season 2 gods of the areana .. only 6 episodes in this prequil to the 1st . mainly to keep ppl interested while they recast the role of spartacus due to andy whitfield's resurgance of cancer
<fingers crossed he beats it again such a talented actor>
anyway i thought the 1st season was crazy but this is some brutal shit . i loved it tied up all the loose ends from season 1
cant recommend these 2 series highly enough . british tv will never show this as it is too bloody PC :great:

the girl who played with fire .. 2nd book of the trilogy from stig larrsson . not as good as dragon tattoo but this is a 2 part story that will be rapped up in the girl who kicked the hornets nest . never the less i enjoyed it . the old fashioned movie style seems to just fit for these books :great:
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Yeah I loved the Gods of the Arena prequel - was superb again from top to bottom, the ending I didn't see coming and loved how it span the plot right into the start of season 1 as well.. Same Hawk - can't recommend it enough to people at the moment. Have you seen the chap they have cast as Spartacus - very much a lookalike as well, soooo cannot wait for Season 2 and the carnage thats coming no doubt!

Watched The Losers the other night - must admit it did exactly what it said on the tin, action flick, humour, over the top, really enjoyed it personally - not going to win any awards but had me entertained from start to finish and would say I enjoyed watching it more than Inglorious... Its like the expendables meets The A Team - leave ya brain at the door and grab some popcorn film.. loved it.
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

evsy next spartacus is called revenge . if you have seen the film you remember the 1st force sent against them on vesuvius was Glaber and the garrison of rome . him and glaber hate each other next is called revenge nuff said methinks <jumps up and down with exitment>
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

~spoiler below~

Heard that from here on in its all about the revolution but the producers haven't decided how to pan it out - apparently it spans 18months or so (if memory serves correct) but they said they might do 13 episodes each being a day, a week, a month they don't know but they intend to tell the whole story.

I cannot wait to see how it goes from here with the fight scenes now being non gladatorial as such and open warfare becoming the norm....ITS GONNA BE ACE !
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

its all gonna hang on who they cast as the nxet big bad guy <marcus crassus> . yeah its an 18 month campaign . in that time the slave revolt swells to some 90 thousand ppl and destroys 3 roman armies .

also watched the pilot for blue bloods the new cop show sky is hyping up at the moment .. erm its utter shite . 3rd rate writing and 2nd rate actors with only tom selek that is any good
ill try boardwalk empire next
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

hawkeye wrote: ill try boardwalk empire next
We're 3 episodes into it and enjoying it so far.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

cool . ill tap a few sunday or something XD thx for the recommend
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Think my next tv viewing is Boardwalk and The Shield - fancy a good gritty drama, loved Oz and The Wire, need a new un...

Outcasts on BBC hasn't been bad, not brilliant but not as bad as their usual sci fi gubbins..

Watched pilot of School Daze I think its called on E4 - bit of an American Pie frat house comedy, seems ok, not as brutal humour as Blue Mountain State tho..
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

i can recommend the shield evzy its superb start from seasom one and go all the way to 7 lots there to get your teath into
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

3 more movies
the mechanic ... remake of an old 70's charles bronson movie . hitman teaching younger man his trade ect .. its ok not that good the bronson one is far better . but it does what it says on the tin

the tourist .... its ok i saw the so called twist staggering over the hill after 20 mins . but if you watch it as a pastiche to the bond movies of old its pretty enjoyable

the way back ... very suprised about this one .. action junkies need not bother . this is a story about survival . during the purges of stalin in the 2nd world war ppl from many different countrys ended up in the siberian camps . this is the story of the escape of a number of them and there walk ... hehe get this ... across siberia then across mongolia . then the gobi desert through tibet over the himalayas and into india .. true story and defiantly worth a watch

Dark blue .. by the same guys that wrote LA confidential and Training day . and if you have seen both of those then dont bother with this . mainly becuase as i did you know what is going to happen EVERY TIME before it happens in the movie .. lazy arsed writing this they simply ripped of la confidential as the main plot and threw in training day as the side plot .. so utter shit for been such a blatant unimaganative rip off of there own earlier work
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

2 Tv series coming shortly to uk tv

game of thrones ... think lord of the rings anf the tudors and you got it . this is very very good made by HBO . iv watched 5 episodes and i totally love it

the borgias . hehe this one is also bloody great . the borgia popes . the medichi in florlence with machiaveli as there advisor . let the carnage begin XD

a few films
the rite .. exorsims . antony hopkins in this one and no there are no spining heads . its good though freeks you out a bit . definatly worth a watch

fast 5 . erm STILL not as good as fast 1 but its the 2nd best one . leave brain at home and enjoy

london boulavard .. 10/10 outstanding brit flick ..colin farell . kiera knighley and ray winston . not tellin you shit watch it :)

Priest .. average at best judge dread ripp off in a way . no teenage vampires here move along you misguided fools . there nasty as hell . but i wouldnt go out of my way to see it .. good if there is nothing else on

tommorrow . when the war begins .. basically a reamake of red dawn set in australia . its shite big time .worst film iv seen in ages

Hanna ... well we all knew they were looking for a female bourne . salt failed misserably <shudder> . now this didnt fail it hit the nail right on the head with a 12 pound sledgehammer .. this is totally brilliant . do not miss it
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

I enjoyed The Rite, Priest and Hanna.
sleepy
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

thor .. oh ffs i give up on these hollwood superheros films there cluless . yet more shite its even worse than iron man 2

unknown .... good film reminded me of the harry palmer films loved it
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

If you want to see an abyssmal superhero movie, watch Hercules in New York :o :D
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Kill the irishman ...... best gangster film since goodfellas defiantly one to watch

Machete ..... lol at this one i mean just ROFLMAO this film is so bad <on purpose> that its comedy genius . all star cast .. eva mendez naked and jessica alba naked in a shower T+a only .. whats not to like :great: ..... end titles... COMING SOON !!!! machete kills ... and machete kills again .. LOL

oh and did i mention lindsey lohan is also in this mostly naked all 3 in one film naked <i think i need to lay down . i feel faint :P >
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

1 more

Paul .... simon pegs crew and hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha <takes a breath> hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha <goes to change pants after acident while laughing oopsie>
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the hit list ... mostly 2nd rate actors a half decent plot but worth watching for cuba goodings performance alone
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

X men 1st Class ......woot finally someone who knows how to do a big budget superhero movie .... no suprise though tbh . its the director who did kick ass . and walked away from thor when they wouldnt give him full control . and considering what a steaming pile of shit thor is there gonna look pretty stupid right about now .. ok to the film ITS FRACKIN BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!! .. its funny but not cheesy . gritty sad and at times down right nasty . but what makes it so good is it strips away all the shite and gives you the personalities of the chars i wont say anything about the plot ect .. that would spoil it for you but this is a MUST SEE !!!
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the new pirates of the caribean movie ... erm dunno what to say tbh i turned it off after 50 mins in disgust .. there is no humour hardly in what i saw and they have gone down some dark route . i may have just been in a bad mood . but if after 50 mins a film makes me bored i turn it off . there is a lot of rehashing stuff already done although the chase thing at the start is pretty fun after that its like ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

I've got some mixed views of the latest pirates movie. It's supposed to be a standalone movie I guess with key characters of the previous 3 movies left out and not even referred to as if they never existed (Elizabeth and Will). It's still a nice movie I think, but the others were better, which gives this one a kind of "let's milk this franchise one more time" feeling.
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

yep thats what really pissed me off grib its just a money grabber . and i didnt find it very good at all . but hey if you enjoyed it then its all good

ok another tv series currently showing on uk tv .. Ch 4 at 9pm sat nights ... CAMELOT

pretty pleased with it . joseph finnes as merlin is great .. eva green as morgan is outstanding . the writing is top notch . less grusem than say spartacus but very good indeed as iv watched 10 episoded so far
im wanting more

update on game of thrones 9 episodes in and its getting to be one of the best series iv ever seen . any fantasy fan should check this out
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

hawkeye wrote:

update on game of thrones 9 episodes in and its getting to be one of the best series iv ever seen . any fantasy fan should check this out
Try the books, the books are awesome.

However I would agree about the TV series they've done a really good job of depicting the brutality and unpredictability of George RR Martin's world.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

expext more tv series of this calibure bleri the day of the reality tv and talant show is done the day of the big budget tv series they can sell all over the world is here . i dont mean crap like lost either were it drags on for god knows how long and in most episodes sod all is going on . now the story is usually good and the actors are all good
and each episode is releavant to the main plot

:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Blitz ... jason statham cop goes after raveing mad pycho killin cops in london ... worth watching for the nutter hes hilarious

transformers 3 ... well the kids will wet there pants over this one and as far as the action goes i dont blame them its pretty cool . the girl who replaced megan fox cant act for shit but she is nice to look at :wink: ...from an adult point of view it still pretty decent tbh does what it says on the tin

brighton rock ... mods and rockers quadraphina wanna be .. stick to quad its dire
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

Transformers 3.
Thank goodness I am not lactose intolerant. There was just way too much cheese in that movie.
Why when a film/show features Leonard Nimoy, do they always roll out a Trek quote?
sleepy
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Ironclad ... finally got an english version hehe .. ok think magnificent 7 in the medievil period during the reign of king john . its not a masterpiece but i enjoyed it . and its almost as brutal as spartacus
brian cox is the big name draw and he does just fine james purefoy is also pretty good . all in all not a bad film at all i thought
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

found a great tv series called Break Bad ... chemistry teacher finds out hes got terminal cancer and starts cooking up drugs ect to leave his family some cash once hes gone .. watching the mild mannered teacher slowly go nasty is basically the plot ... its pretty funny though its the dad from malcom in the middle
so far watched 5 episodes of season 1 and loveing it
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

few movies

captain america ... hehe not bad really set up for the avengers next year but its pretty good i enjoyed it

cowboys v aliens ... erm well its pretty pants and thats been kind dont bother

rise of the planet of the apes ..... without a doubt one of the best films iv ever seen ... there isnt a single moment of this film were you get bored . and at the end you want more Much more