Guild Wars 2

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Egor
Cornish Yarg

Post by Egor »

Yeah as far as I can see the rifle range is 1200 as well, and also the warrior has a rifle spec line it can go down which makes it quite viable I believe.

So still going to roll a guardian as that is my main pve archetype and will be useful for groups etc, but I am also going to make a rifle warrior as I think that will be more fun in pvp.

looking at this kind of spec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp11TIph2ZU

looks pretty good imo

*edit also rifle bullets pierce everything in a straight line so could be quite a neat mechanic if you can line it up properly.
Last edited by Egor on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Hmmm after some thought Knights of Humberton isn't growing on me - any suggestions?

Some random ideas:

Fates Fury
Spirits Reborn
Chaotic Companions
Illusions of Grandeur
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Egor
Cornish Yarg

Post by Egor »

Illusions of Grandeur I like - but that might be because I'm a psychologist?!
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Egor wrote:Illusions of Grandeur I like - but that might be because I'm a psychologist?!
I thought Chaotic Companions suited your Dad :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Identity Crisis
AFK Kids Awake
Old Ones are the Best Ones
Knights of Old
The Arthritic Knights

Hmm general theme emerging here :p

I like Illusions of Grandeur.

Were looking to get into GW2 about 2 weeks after launch so you can get all the bugs ironed out :)
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Been playing with the Wolverines (DAoC Mid ) guys and gals for the past few MMO's so will likely follow their server choice. All of the old alliance folks are more than welcome to join up as well, and i know that quite a few have in the past.

Not sure on the server choice yet but there was talk of maybe Gunnar's Hold. Nothing confirmed though.

Head over to www.wolverinesgaming.com for a quick check on their forum if you're interested.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Egor
Cornish Yarg

Post by Egor »

I'm in on Desolation playing a human warrior called Correlli if you see him ;)
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

this has to be the worst MMO launch in history .. game opens for headstart .. servers blow up .. no access to login server
come get some noobs!!!!!!
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

hawkeye wrote:this has to be the worst MMO launch in history .. game opens for headstart .. servers blow up .. no access to login server
Actually it's pretty much the same as every other launch I've known. The stress on servers when every single player hits log in servers at once is more than they can take. Usually it's sorted within a few hours and everyone forgets it ever happened. We'll see how long it takes...Diablo 3 took too long and so it's stil remembered.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Egor wrote:I'm in on Desolation playing a human warrior called Correlli if you see him ;)
We managed to get 10 mins each to make characters. A Norn Engineer/Elementalist Duo Talifer and Wind Raven (had to have a space to get name grrrr). Should be on-line actively playing at around 8pm this evening.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Mabs
Brie

Post by Mabs »

hi guys, been a while

ive been keeping tabs on this, and would love to play with you lot, but im being asked to play on Gunnars Hold , so i suppose my question to you lot is:

cos its been a mess, and people havent got much done, would you be able to move there ?
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

i dont see any reason why not mabs .. anyone got a problem moveing ?
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Talifer and I will stay where we are to begin with to keep our names, we'll see how it works out as there is always free transfers in a few days time.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Egor
Cornish Yarg

Post by Egor »

Desolation is now full - Yrrab's been unable to get it so I'll probably be looking at switching to Gunnar's hold, as its only on medium atm.

Shame because desolation were owning in WvW when I was on earlier!

When did you say the free transfers were?
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Egor wrote:Desolation is now full - Yrrab's been unable to get it so I'll probably be looking at switching to Gunnar's hold, as its only on medium atm.

Shame because desolation were owning in WvW when I was on earlier!

When did you say the free transfers were?
As far as I know you can already transfer - not sure how but should be details on main web page.

I'ev made a guild called Perfectly Formed (as in Small and Perfectly Formed) on Desolation, on as Wind if anyone wants to join. (All the others I tried were taken already).
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Mabs
Brie

Post by Mabs »

most of "my" lot were going there originally, but it got swamped with russians so they changed
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

ok seems you cant play this game useing mobile broadband so ill be getting a refund i tried tons of times and actually got into the char creations once was almost done when i got booted

tried a shit load of times since then and got fuck all but the firewall and ports code

sorry guys .. have fun though
Mabs
Brie

Post by Mabs »

hawkeye wrote:ok seems you cant play this game useing mobile broadband so ill be getting a refund i tried tons of times and actually got into the char creations once was almost done when i got booted

tried a shit load of times since then and got fuck all but the firewall and ports code

sorry guys .. have fun though
wait a day or 2, they had a lot of server probs, people LDing etc
Egor
Cornish Yarg

Post by Egor »

Hi, Yrrab here on Egor's PC.

I managed to transfer to delosolation this morning!

Still wont be playing properly until mid week.
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Egor wrote:Hi, Yrrab here on Egor's PC.

I managed to transfer to delosolation this morning!

Still wont be playing properly until mid week.
Look for Wind or Talifer from about 8 for a guild invite.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Guessing you all quite like this one then...

What's different about GW2?

I played TSW and within a fortnight I got the "oh it's the same MMO again" feeling I had with Rift :(
(a few interesting extra bits but too much of the "meat" was kill-quest to victory!)

I'm all jaded, me :) what should make me excited about GW2 (or is it unlikely to cure me of an MMO-allergy?)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Fingoniel wrote:Guessing you all quite like this one then...

What's different about GW2?

I played TSW and within a fortnight I got the "oh it's the same MMO again" feeling I had with Rift :(
(a few interesting extra bits but too much of the "meat" was kill-quest to victory!)

I'm all jaded, me :) what should make me excited about GW2 (or is it unlikely to cure me of an MMO-allergy?)
It's a bit like DAoC-lite, from the RvR perspective anyway.

RvR is all about holding the keep/tower/supply posts in a 3-way battle between servers. You can jump straight in as soon as you finish the beginners tutorial (about 10mins playtime) and you'll be auto-levelled to 80 with all skills unlocked, so everyone's on a level playing field. Oh, and there's no gear tiering for RvR, everyone has the same stats.

The PvE is fun as well. It's kinda like lots of WAR's public quests instead of having to go pick up from a quest giver, and they scale to the number of players participating. You also have a more traditional personal quest that you do solo throughout the levelling experience.
My favourite PvE feature is that you get down-levelled to the area you're currently in. So even at max level you can go help out some new players or alts without making the content trivial. It's also great for experiencing the content for the other races.

Classes are varied and all have a different feel to them, which is nice.

Well worth a shot, especially since there's no subscription after buying the initial game box.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Heres an initial quote from a journo who also seems jaded by recent offerings.
Guild Wars 2?s Early Access has devoured much of my bank holiday weekend, which has surprised me given how icy-cold my heart has become to MMOs in recent years.
Impressions: Levels 1-15 In Guild Wars 2

Not the best piece of writing maybe but a nice reflective piece and it makes me feel good about not being able to play for a while :)
Playing Skyrim

Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Guild Wars 2?s Early Access has devoured much of my bank holiday weekend, which has surprised me given how icy-cold my heart has become to MMOs in recent years.

Not the best piece of writing maybe but a nice reflective piece and it makes me feel good about not being able to play for a while :)
Playing Skyrim

Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Playing Skyrim

Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Playing Skyrim

Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Playing Skyrim

Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Things I like:

Very casual friendly if you want to do some form of pvp just jump right in no need to level no gear raids needed

Pretty, the findable vistas show off how pretty the world is

Quest hubs are not kill 10 of these and find 5 amulets so you end up killing 50 cos the amulets don't drop. Walk into an area start doing stuff and at some point you've done enough,either kills or amulets no one minds :)

Free to play model suits more limited playtime

Dye on the go, no need to go around looking like aXmas tree, unless you want to :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Hmmm, tempting :)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Sorry for lack of play time, myself and Talifer both picked up a tummy bug from the baby over the weekend - way to waste a 3 day head start.

Anyone on Desolation who's after a guild invite should be able to find me for most of today (except 5-8pm) on Wind, Javai or Favail. (in order of likelihood!)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted