You know it's getting close to Christmas when..

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Byronis
Roquefort

You know it's getting close to Christmas when..

Post by Byronis »

you have tickets for the Pacific Road Arts Centre in Birkenhead on Saturday night for the Roy Wood show! :D :cheese:
Mal

XB/PSN/Steam/Twitter: merseymal
Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

I used to work with a relative of his - the guy didn't know him very well to be fair (i think he was either a nephew or cousin - can't remember) but he did have an uncanny resembalance to Mr Wood and also sported bizarre sideburns and wild hair...

That is my only claim to fame* :cry:

*I lie... I have also walked past Vannesa Feltz in Gatwick airport and didn't notice her (my missus did).... I may also have walked past several other famous people and not noticed them either...
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Minimarv
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Minimarv »

These really shouldnt be boasted about but hey, its Christmas

Ive fitted a Mul T Lock to Shakka Hislops jeep ( interesting fan mail in the glove box too)
Met Norman Wisdom when he came to my work
Saw Frank Bruno when he ran past me on the Great North Run ( i was standing watching)
Fish dripped sweat on me in The Riverside during a gig
Bamber Gasgoigne was nearly my father in law ( ask Iceanark for the story)
Miriam Margoles has my email address

ill add more as i can think of them
:D

Oh and Chris Waddle used to live at the end of my street when i was younger
Sheep go to Heaven, Goats go to HELL!!!!
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Minimarv wrote:Bamber Gasgoigne was nearly my father in law ( ask Iceanark for the story)
Thats something I wanna hear about tbh !!!

I am trying to think of some now myself....

Once shook hands with Maxim from teh Prodigy. Met Brandon Block in a bar in Cyrpus called River Reggae (he is a DJ for those who are going ..who?) and had a few beers with him -decent bloke - but my mate offended him - which is another story in itself....... At the same bar another early morning, whilst I was almost passed out my mate spotted Frank Lampard (whilst still at West Ham ) walking past the bar area we were at - it was all outside btw with a big river around it I could barely see so shouted "Oi Frank" and one of the group of lads turned around - I walked up to him and asked if he was Frank Lampard, he said he was and stuck his hand out as if to shake hands with me (I am a Liverpool fan so wtf he thought I don't know) I just looked at him apparently and said "oh" turned around -ignoring him and his offered hand shake, looked at my mate and said "yeah its him" and then fell back asleep on the bar....(its all vague for me - it was about 7am and I had been drinking since 8pm the night before) - it was the year if anyone remembers when him, Kieron Dyer and a few others were involved in that "roasting" scandal on Ayia Napa - so there could have been a few other players with him - I wouldnt have known my own mother at that stage to be fair....... :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

My claim to fame is I interviewed Steve Davis for a school project when he was playing a snooker tournament in Belgium. I was well and truly chuffed, because everybody else was doing the usual local politicians and singers :-).
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Xintyl
Wensleydale

Post by Xintyl »

I used to be a bit of an expert at sneaking backstage after gigs when I was younger. During the sneakings I found Miles Hunt (twice), Cud, Jake from My Life Story, the Gigolo Aunts (did the theme tune from game on), the Damned (got free tshirts and I swore I'd never wash my Dave Vanian kissed knuckle again) and a very scary meeting with Jools Holland. After the gig, Jools changed into what can only be described as grandad clothes, and very seedily invited me back to his hotel room, to which I politely declined and then ran a mile (bear in mind I was only like 16 at the time...and my mum was with me!). Still think he's cool musically, but a very strange guy hehe. Also met Ed Tudor Pole at the rocky horror show in London, he'd been in a motorbike accident so turned up to apologise to everyone for not being in the play.

Also met Steve and Russell from Pulp at the Leadmill in Sheffield. Went there to see Rialto and so did they. Being my all time favourite band you can imagine how excited I was, and I didn't see any of the gig coz I spent the whole time chatting with them!

Also convinced my ex is related to Justin Hawkins, as they are identical and both from Lowestoft.

Probably some more but I can't remember off hand...
ImageImageImageImage
Minimarv
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Minimarv »

Giv Miles Hunt, got to be 1 of the sexiest blokes about ( b4 he cut his hair though)
Sheep go to Heaven, Goats go to HELL!!!!
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Reminds me, not played The Eight Legged Groove Machine in ages :)
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

o'rly?
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Hmmmm gotta get me a copy of that...looks good :great:
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Xintyl
Wensleydale

Post by Xintyl »

Been trying to find my photo of me with Miles (Long haired, I must add) but haven't a clue what I've done with it. No doubt I've put it somewhere "safe".

Found a photo of me with Jarvis Cocker's waxwork though hehe.
ImageImageImageImage