Random thought for the hour....

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Javai
Chocolate

Random thought for the hour....

Post by Javai »

...why does tea tase so much better from your favourite mug.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

because it is your fave mug it gets used more and the flavours seep into the mug permanently altering the taste.
i have no proof to back this statement but i like the sound of it :D
sleepy
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Tea tastes better in a fine cup (i.e small thin rim) and coffee better in a chunky mug - thats a well known proven fact..
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Ghengis wrote:because it is your fave mug it gets used more and the flavours seep into the mug permanently altering the taste.
i have no proof to back this statement but i like the sound of it :D
And taste improves if you dont wash the mug with soap and water but just rinse it.

Oh and if you fail to wash the mug ever, then it will also cure all known diseases.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Bleri McThrust wrote: Oh and if you fail to wash the mug ever, then it will also cure all known diseases.
Or at the very least grow your own pencillin :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Javai wrote:
Bleri McThrust wrote: Oh and if you fail to wash the mug ever, then it will also cure all known diseases.
Or at the very least grow your own pencillin :)
haha yes, blue mould GOOD, red mould BAD.

And if you want to remove the tea stains from your spoons, cups, mugs and teapot then soak them overnight in a solution of baking powder (bicarbonate of soda). :)

Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I don't think it's because your cup gets used more, it's just because it's YOUR cup. I even have three of my own mugs at work - even when two get hijacked by unscrupulous colleagues, I'll still have my own mug :help:
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Blimey they steal your mugs?

I've suffered from stolen milk and such from the fridge but actually stealing someones mug, thats stepping over the line.
Playing Skyrim

Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Well, not stealing - they just take whatever cup they come across first - but it's still annoying, especially since most of the other cups can't hold double shots of espresso :-)
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

We have endless e-mails from a couple of members of staff who have favourite mugs that go missing - usually followed by about 6 other people who don't know the difference between reply and reply all saying 'It's not me'.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

I've got the lamest looking mug in the universe to try and deter people from taking it but they still go for it :(

That picture of John Von Neumann just does it for some people I guess...
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Oooo we should have a favourite mug picture thread :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Fingoniel wrote:I've got the lamest looking mug in the universe to try and deter people from taking it but they still go for it :(
I used to have an ugly pitch black mug with red flowers and I still had to arrive ten minutes early to get it. I think the only solution would be to have a rottweiler guard the mug.

Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Javai wrote:We have endless e-mails from a couple of members of staff who have favourite mugs that go missing - usually followed by about 6 other people who don't know the difference between reply and reply all saying 'It's not me'.
Aha, so we're not the only company that has personal conversations sent to 'all' following a general announcement :-)

Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

The email thing happens here too. someone sends an email round, a few ppl 'reply all', even more ppl 'reply all' saying that the first repliers shouldn't use 'reply all' etc etc.

Sometimes gets funny when arguments start.
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Rayzor wrote:Sometimes gets funny when arguments start.
The funniest thing is when someone _thinks_ he is sending an off-colour remark to a whole group of people but instead manages to send it to one person only at which point the message takes on a chauvinist pig nature :-)

Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Couple of years ago my wife bought me a huge chunky mug which says "Don't Bother Me, I'm Having A Crisis" on it. No one else has ever used it.
Mal

XB/PSN/Steam/Twitter: merseymal
Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Rayzor wrote:The email thing happens here too. someone sends an email round, a few ppl 'reply all', even more ppl 'reply all' saying that the first repliers shouldn't use 'reply all' etc etc.

Sometimes gets funny when arguments start.
reply to all is evil.

occasionally some company sends a message to us with each of the several hundred recipients in the the To: field and someone has a duff mail server.

As a result it then starts relaying this same message over and over again, after which someone will reply-to-all saying something along the lines of "stop sending me this message" or "please remove me from your mailing list" and then we start getting hundreds of repeats of that message

and so on
Mal

XB/PSN/Steam/Twitter: merseymal
Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Aadia
Cheshire

Post by Aadia »

Kept happening at our work too untill a few of us kicked up such a fuss they invested in company mugs and anyone who hasn't got a mug uses the company names ones now.

Mind you - i still don't trust it for either my glass or mug so every evening before hometime i go and clean it and put it in my draw :pint:
DAOC: Retired

LOTRO: Ariel, Aadia, Allie
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

My favourite mug has been going for over 10 years now and amazingly still isn't chipped or stained too badly :)
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Bah we are not allowed to make our own coffee etc - have to buy out of a machine because we are too stoopid to have boiling water in an office - its not like any of us here have kettles at home - think they check that at interview stage now....I did sneak my Dolce Gusto machine into work for a couple of weeks though recently and made myself lovely mugs of coffee all day under my desk :)

I have 2 massive coffee mugs at home that I love filling up on a weekend morning and getting my buzz on...
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

We were all given a fancy insulated mug as a reward for meeting government targets recently. That and a below inflation pay rise and the loss of paid breaks.

Mug would actually have been quite nice if it hadnt been made with Agency propoganda built into it so if you used it anwhere else people would laug.
Playing Skyrim

Tikuto
Cheddar

Post by Tikuto »

Scratching roots of teeth with sand paper.

that's my random thought for now... o :o
Disciple of Khaine

Hello, guild. Seen the guild in EU closed beta EN Server 01 and was trying to join but was on the wrong side (duh). :(

I am in beta. Ya rly! :o
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Tikuto wrote:Scratching roots of teeth with sand paper.

that's my random thought for now... o :o
Pfft route canal with nerve not quite dead...now thats just the same but for my dentist it was legal and I nearly did time for murder!!
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Evzy wrote:Bah we are not allowed to make our own coffee etc - have to buy out of a machine because we are too stoopid to have boiling water in an office -
We used to have two kinds of coffee - one tasted like vinegar, the other one produced coffee so gritty you could pebble-dash with it. The choice was yours :-). After some protest, they brought in a nice coffee maker that does six kinds of coffee and hot chocolate to boot :great: My favourite is the cappuccino + café au lait combo, or the quad espresso when I'm really tired - I have a special big mug for that :-).

Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

my favourite mug of all time was one of those totally hilarious boob shaped ones where you drink from the nipple.
i had it for years without mishap but strangely, a few weeks after moving in with jules it got dropped and broken during washing up.
i have never really recovered from the loss.
i am sure it has something to do with being bottle fed as a baby.
sleepy
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Ghengis wrote:my favourite mug of all time was one of those totally hilarious boob shaped ones where you drink from the nipple.
i had it for years without mishap but strangely, a few weeks after moving in with jules it got dropped and broken during washing up.
Haha - wtftitpwned!

Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

its like if someone asks you for a bit of your coke or soft drink in a bottle it never tastes the same after
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

Clix wrote:its like if someone asks you for a bit of your coke or soft drink in a bottle it never tastes the same after
yuck, thats like asking someone for 2`s up on a sheet of toilet paper :p
sleepy
Clix
Leerdammer

Post by Clix »

Ghengis wrote:
Clix wrote:its like if someone asks you for a bit of your coke or soft drink in a bottle it never tastes the same after
yuck, thats like asking someone for 2`s up on a sheet of toilet paper :p
rofl not as bad as that