The classes|

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Second
Double Gloucester

Post by Second »

Chapter 1: Tanks

The Polearmsman
The Polearmsman is an aggressive type, marked by overconfidence in both his weapon and his armor. He believes that the best defense is a good offense, and if he could directly convert his armor factor into damage he probably would. He is a cleric’s nightmare, with little regard for his own safety and even less for anyone else’s. When put in a situation where he can’t use his beloved polearm, he will quickly become agitated and whip out his crossbow to go stand in the most dangerous position possible (preferably one near a crowd of people who are safely hidden behind defilates so he can get them AE’d) and attempt to pepper the enemy with bolts.
Typical Quotes:
“Well what are we waiting for, let’s go kick their ass!”
“All this sitting around is driving me crazy.”
“OMG Polearms ROCK!”
“Dammit, mezzed.”
“Need rez”

The Sword’n’Board Armsman
One who rolled his character with a romantic tear in his eye for his childhood dreams of being a knight with his sword and shield, over time the SnB Armsman becomes bitter and then resigned to the fact that he will never kill anybody. He’s exceptionally proud of his slam shield style, and takes pride in his ability to safely hold aggro in PvE, and tends to look with disdain and jealousy at his polarm-wielding cousins, who leveled up by using groups as disposable kleenex instead of trying in vain to keep their own stupidity from killing them. Many of the SnBA’s take up hobbies such as trade skills or seigecraft (or a scout alt) to fill the gaping void left by their inability to actually damage anybody who doesn’t stand still. Most of his RPs will come from tagging each enemy once with his crossbow and then hoping somebody more able will kill them.
Typical Quotes:
“I’m hitting this guy for 50, he’s hitting back for 300?!”
“Engaging NPC archer with shield.”
“The enemy is near? Good thing I brought these Trebuchet parts!”
“Dammit, mezzed.”
“Need rez”

The Paladin
Welcomed in every monster hunt, and laughed at in every PvP encounter, the poor Paladin has much in common with the SnBA, even if the paladin is a 2 handed one. Months of telling himself “I’m not crippled, I’m just a ‘defensive’ tank” has saved the last shred of his self esteem as he spends most of his time in the frontier either rezzing or waiting for a rez. They enjoy creating wild, frenetic lightshows by cycling through their chants as quickly as possible. In personality they range from “biblethumper who stops to pray loudly at the drop of a hat” to “Armsman with chants” with a very wide spread.
Typical Quotes:
“Have at thee! Hey stop! Come back here! Dammit!”
“Rez inc”
“What the heck does matter resist do?”
“Dammit, mezzed.”
“Need rez”

The Mercenary
The unwanted stepchild of albion tanks, the merc types range from “Jack of all trades, master of none” to “outcast in search of his own identity.” One of the most mystifying things in all albion is how a mercenary deals damage by making thrusting motions with two hammers. An uncanny number of roleplayers choose to be mercs, and despite all the social abuse they take and the stigma of mercenarism, you generally find less *******s among the mercenaries than you do among the other tanks.
Typical Quotes:
“Your group needs a tank? Well sign me up! What do you mean, ‘REAL tank?!’”
“You think you’re so great with your plate, don’t you, buckethead.”
“Wassamatta, got sand in your eyes? Well NOW YOU DO!!”
“I don’t get it, armsmen can spec in crossbows, but I can’t in shortbows?”
“Dammit, mezzed.”
“Need rez.”

Chapter 2: Healers

The Friar
Friars are fighting healers who generally have a lot more fun than Paladins. They’re usually jolly and sometimes drunk. You meet a lot more “interesting” personalities among friars than you do in most other classes. They are generally more easygoing than other fighters because healing, rezzing and buffing gives them something to do while they wait for the casters to get the killing done. Despite the insane damage that they do with their staves, they are usually recruited as healers, until there’s a shadowblade or nightshade lurking about, and then out comes the friar’s “Caster disguise.” A botched critical strike and a few well placed staff styles later...
Typical Quotes:
“/e drinks his ale.”
“here comes the rez”
“/dance naked”

The Smite Cleric
No class is despised as much as the Smite Cleric. The best way to make 7 people groan in unison is to have them hear the cleric who just joined the group say “I’m a smiter.” And usually, there is just cause for this. Smite clerics have eschewed the helpful heals and buffs that are stereotypical of the healer archetype in favor of caster-like direct damage. Commonly called “Chainclad Wizards” or “Lightning-spec wizards,” they are able to sneak their ways into groups simply because their class still reads “cleric” in /who, and then they drop the “I don’t heal, I smite” bomb. Some of the most notorious and insufferable dickheads on your server are probably smite clerics.
Typical Quotes:
“I don’t heal, I’m a smiter.”
“Can’t rez, need power for smite.”
“(mumble)smite(/mumble)Cleric LFG!”
“OMG smite ROCKS!”

The Rejuv Cleric
No class is beloved as much as the Rejuv cleric. Having someone in your group who has dedicated their gamelife to keeping morons like you from dying just gives you warm fuzzies. These poor bastards don’t get to watch the fight, they stare intently at the group HP miniwindow, playing massively multiplayer online wack-a-mole, healing each bar as it goes down. Their rezzes are incredible, picking people off the ground and giving them back all their HP and half their power, but often these 12-second-cast-time wonders are upstaged by the 3-second-cast-time paladins and friars who swoop upon the corpse looking for ways to help. Since their nature relies on the others in their group to do the fighting and such for them, Rejuv clerics tend to be fairly scarce and usually very nice, very patient people... except they hate smite clerics even more than everybody else does.
Typical Quotes:
“Instant heal used”
“Rez inc......................... dang, another paladin stole it.”
“Somebody DOES have me on Protect-Ability, right?”
“Get it off me! Get it off me! I can’t heal you if it is hitting me!”

Chapter 3: Casters

The Fire Wizard
The bolt-tossing, AE-scorching fire wizard is one of the realm’s more simple souls. He loves blowin’ things up. This summer, everything gets blow’d up!! They love going over their spells and saying, “Let’s see, this one blows stuff up, and this one blows stuff up, and this one blows up stuff that is far away, and THIS one blows LOTS of stuff up all at once...” They have a fierce rivalry with ice wizards, who they consider to be wierd and stupid. They’re commonly seen tossing fire around like playthings, and farming realm points. Their only fear is the wily assassin.
Typical Quotes:
“Heheheh.. heh heh... heheheh... fire.. FIRE! FIRE!! Fire’s cool. heheheh..”
“Fffwwt-BLAM! Fwwt-BLAM! Ahh, life is good.”
“Never a minstrel around when you need power.”

The Ice Wizard
The Ice wizard is more damaging than his fire-tossing cousin, but he must get RIGHT down in the enemy’s face to do so. This means it takes an odd mixture of bravery and suicidal tendencies to be an ice wizard, though in defending a keep, they are very, very desirable. They don’t even have to pick targets to kill. The ice rings start blasting out and people start dying. They have a fierce rivalry with fire wizards, who they consider to be mundane and stupid. They too fear the wily assassin, and will often cast their ice ring for no apparent reason... just to check and make sure nobody is sneaking up on them.
Typical Quotes:
“Start healing me now, I’m going in to AE!”
“/yell need minstrel to power me”
“Poor fire wizards don’t know what they’re missing.”

The Sorcerer
The sorcerer’s life is that of crowd control. It’s why people become sorcerers. They get a nifty charm, and their damage is nothing to sneeze at, but the real perk of being a sorcerer is stopping an entire enemy army mid-charge, with little Z’s floating up from their heads. At least that’s the dream. Unfortunately, 50 levels of grouping with mez-breaking morons like you have made the sorcerer neurotic and brittle. It’s not a comfortable feeling, knowing one idiot can undo your entire contribution to a group and cause you all to die. Thus, most sorcerers are this close to nervous breakdown. They compensate by charming huge pets to soothe their ego, like telamon or megafelids.
Typical Quotes:
“It’s mezzed, don’t hit it. I said don’t hit it! Don’t hit...!... dammit”
“No, numbskull, root is NOT crowd control.”
“...can’t sleep, clowns will eat me... can’t sleep, clowns will eat me... can’t sleep...”
The Earth Theurgist
The Earth Theurgist’s life is one of ease. Every group wants him, and once he’s in and bladeturn is pulsing, anything he does is a plus. In fact, he could even go AFK for the duration of the hunt, and still the group would fight to keep him in. In the unheard-of time between groups, Theurgists solo easily by summoning entire armies of dirt to pound to death enemies much tougher than the theurgist. As a result, the Earth Theurgist is usually pretty easygoing. If you’re lucky enough to cajole one to enter your group instead of the others, his buffs will make you more effective and his bladeturns will cover up a large number of your blundering mistakes. Just hope he isn’t SO easygoing that he joins, /follows, turns on bladeturn and goes to take a nap.
Typical Quotes:
“What? Sorry? I was AFK.”
“/yell theurgist lfg... oh thanks, never mind, got one”
“I just got my 6 second bladeturn! Watch me melee this monster to death.”
“Guys, I’m not entirely sure, but I THINK an archer is trying to shoot me.”

The Not-Earth Theurgist
If you thought Smite clerics got a chilly reception, wait till the group finds out the theurgist can’t bladeturn. And not only do they hate him, he even hates himself for “speccing wrong.” Yeah, maybe he can mez, but not anything like a sorcerer. Maybe he can nuke, but if they want a nuker they look for a wizard. Their only saving grace is that most people are too polite to push them directly out of the group when learning of their specialty. Their hobbies include sighing and rerolling.
Typical Quotes:
“At 35, I can’t bladeturn yet, but I’m working on it.. should only take 12 more levels”
“God, I wish they’d hurry up and put in respeccing.”
“No, really, manual-cast group bladeturn with serenity and mystic crystal lore is just as
good as pulsing bladeturn! HONEST!”

The Cabalist
Cabalists are a myth. They don’t really exist. Oh sure, every once in a while there’s a “cabalist sighting,” where a blurry screenshot of what might could be a simulacrum half-obscured by foliage appears, but most intellectually sound people discount these as chicanery. There are no Cabalists any more.
Typical Quotes:
“No, I really am a Cabalist! And I really CAN contribute! Honest injun!”

Chapter 4: Rogues

The Minstrel
Minstrels are rather similar to Earth Theurgists in that everybody wants one in their group. However, unlike the theurgists, Minstrels are NOT easygoing, and if forced to sit still and play the power song for too long, their heads will explode. They compensate by jumping up and down constantly, running in circles around the group while jumping, and the like. Often they are also called upon for crowd control, since all the Sorcerers are in the mental hospital. They’re made even more antsy because they chose a life which they thought would be the wind in their hair, the open road, and absolute freedom, and it turned out to be sitting on their butt in a marsh beating out the power song on a drum over and over again, forever.
Typical Quotes:
“Yeah, yeah, I know, ‘Power song plz’.”
“Go faster please, jeez this is boring!”
“No wonder all the sorcerers are insane, with how you guys break mez.”

The Scout
Scouts carry the sad dichotomy of being RvR titans and PvE lepers. Monster hunts usually exclude the scouts, and as such you’ll often find clumps of scouts around lesser-populated spawns, each soloing blue-green critters and gritting their teeth. Each scout almost has a downright christ complex, as he became a scout for their RvR abilities and they view the evil necessity of leveling up to get there as their crucifiction and martyrdom. Then when they come of RvR age, all that repressed rage comes out, as they become antisocial and vindictive, channeling the sheer, pure might of their anger into every arrow.
Typical Quotes:
“What, when I needed exp, you laughed at grouping me, and now that you need RPs, you
want me to group? EAT SH%#!”
“Look at that DAMAGE!”
“One million RPs and counting! OMG scouts ROCK!”
“I boosted stealth as high as longbow! You aren’t allowed to kill me! Down with See
Invis!!”

The Infiltrator
Suffering from a similar strain of PvE leprosy as the scout, though not as intense, infiltrators also tend to be lone wolf types. They enjoy sneaking up on casters and killing them in less than a second, sneaking up on archers who think they are invisible and killing them, and sneaking up on grey-cons and killing them. They also enjoy waving and dancing while stealthed. They’re the class everybody without a high shield spec and metal armor fears, and all the other assassin types hate him because he gets an extra spec point or two.
Typical Quotes:
“He never knew what hit him, the poor bastard. Heh heh heh heh heh..”
“This is the way we gut some grays, gut some grays, gut some grays...”
“OMG See Invis ROCKS!”
“Of course I should stay invisible after killing somebody with 1 hit, I’m an assassin, it’s
what I do!”
Theurgist LVL41
Sergant in the Humberton Guard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Second on 2002-06-18 14:44 ]</font>
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

'bad pizza is like bad sex: still quite good'
Coaxmetal/llyn barfog 18/06/02

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jiggs on 2002-06-23 08:54 ]</font>