PETITION - anti-social behaviour

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

paulardros
Cheddar

PETITION - anti-social behaviour

Post by paulardros »

I petitioned the following "Proposals to tackle anti-social behaviour" on the Scottish Parliament Website, e-petitions. The website for e-petition signatures; discussions; comments and information. I would be grateful if you could sign the petition. :help:
LINK:
http://itc.napier.ac.uk/e-petition-scot ... TopicID=19
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

no offence intended but who are you? :)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
paulardros
Cheddar

Post by paulardros »

fingonial, I run an advocacy group in my area in Ayrshire, and anti-social behaviour is rife here just like a lot of communities in Scotland. :help:
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

ok :) I know this is the off topic board and all but it's kinda meant to be a discussion ground for Dark age of camelot things/off topic stuff that means something to people in our community (which is virtual rather than restricted to any particular region)

Now if you're a member of the DAoC community I can understand you posting your petition here, but otherwise you're kinda falling into the same behaviour that people posting spam advertisement links (or outwar links) are following.

Don't get me wrong your petition looks like it's for a good cause and all, I'm just puzzled as to why it's being posted here?

I guess the fact you've replied means it's not just a forum spamming bot and the forum description does say "Post whatever you want".
NetNifty
Camembert

Post by NetNifty »

seems he posts this in every forum he finds tbh from http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=U ... paulardros

edit: and 260 matches from http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=U ... haviour%22 0_o
Last edited by NetNifty on Tue May 25, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Avengers of Pendragon>
NetNifty ArmsmanStyle - 50 Sword & Shield Armsman (10xx Weaponcrafter)
Niftymancer - 50 Deathsight Necromancer
Copec SimmyAutomatic - 50 Spirit Cabalist
Wantsomecheese - 50 Infiltrator
NetNiftyAndLinks UnfairAdvantage - 50 MoA3 Buffbot
paulardros
Cheddar

Post by paulardros »

NetNifty, what real harm is it doing? I have read some right trash on a lot of sites, at least this is an issue that effects communities, but I have learnt that the words "community spirit" should be deleted from the dictionary, as it seems that people now think only of their own interests and have an "I'm alright jack" attitude. The UK is becoming a very sad place to live :help:
paulardros
Cheddar

Post by paulardros »

Fingonial, what about your fellow Edinburgh people, some are having a terrible time. Sighthill; Broomhouse and people don't seem to care less. Iwas born in Scotland and lived in England for a while but since I have came back people seem to have been suppressed or something as the majority seem to be very oppressed. :help:
NetNifty
Camembert

Post by NetNifty »

I dont disagree with what your doing but i disagree with the way your doing it - as fingoniel said your falling into the same catagory as spammers and people that net users consider to be using anti-social behavior .

Besides i'd say less than 5% of the users of this forum are from Scotland.
<Avengers of Pendragon>
NetNifty ArmsmanStyle - 50 Sword & Shield Armsman (10xx Weaponcrafter)
Niftymancer - 50 Deathsight Necromancer
Copec SimmyAutomatic - 50 Spirit Cabalist
Wantsomecheese - 50 Infiltrator
NetNiftyAndLinks UnfairAdvantage - 50 MoA3 Buffbot
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

NetNifty wrote:I dont disagree with what your doing but i disagree with the way your doing it - as fingoniel said your falling into the same catagory as spammers and people that net users consider to be using anti-social behavior .
That was what I was getting at ;) but was waiting to see if he was a daocer or someone we knew, apparently not. Didn't think to check google.

I hope the irony isn't lost on you paul.
paulardros
Cheddar

Post by paulardros »

Fingonial that irony is lost on me, can you tell me what this sight is for, I see a castle, it can't be about defending something, as you have to stick together if your fighting for something. "Gaurd" what are you guarding, freedom of speech? democracy? UIt can't have anything to do with patriotism? :swords:
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

You've been posting your link on a number of forums, effectively engaging in what is considered on the internet to be a form of "anti-social" behaviour (spamming, the equivalent of vandalism I guess ;) or more like junk mail leaflets in this case) in the cause of a petition to crack down on the real life equivalent..... seems kinda ironic ;)

However, since it's an off-topic board (and you've returned to discuss it) it's far from a problem :)

Best of luck with your petition, it's a very valid issue you're raising and I hope it gets the recognition it needs.