Cant Get Online

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Bodhran
Oatcake

Cant Get Online

Post by Bodhran »

Theory, Bodhran, KleriK, CleriK, Wallace, Friar, Stranraer, HGV.

Just loaded the patch into both puters now I cant get in. Everything else works fine just can't get into the game. I will contact Mythra see if they got any suggestions, if they don't i will cancel both accounts. Since they were ok last night i ain't messing with my puters. I will check here in a couple of days see if u guys got any suggestions. Hopefully i will be back on soon, and see u all then.
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

it's a missing file - check the www.camelot-europe.com homepage for instructions on how to fix.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Second
Double Gloucester

Post by Second »

and if u gonna contact anyone then contact goa=) since mythic dont got anything to do with it:P and i doubt this mythra do either:P
Lalia
Edam

Post by Lalia »

Had a miserable time with computers today. First of all, something messed up my net connection - but only for web traffic. Everything else was fine. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to do something I've been meaning to do for a while, and reinstall everything.
How wrong could I be. :roll:

I couldn't find my WinXP disk, so I decided to wipe and drop down to Win2K - given that Win2K is generally faster and more stable (and less like an annoying cartoon), I thought that would be fine. So I wipe, reinstall, update everything, and install DAOC.

Only to find it won't work. At all. I manage to get in once, to find my frame rate running at about 1 frame every five seconds. Then after a while it just craps out every time with a "can't start the rendered" error. I try messing around with the instructions on fixing this in RightNow, but it doesn't work. At which point, I find that Win2K is officially "unsupported", while WinXP is. Work that out.

So a quick scour of the house later and I find my XP disk, which was being used as coffee mat. Eeek! Still works, though, and another hour later I'm running the Mickey Mouse OS again. It's currently updating to XP SP1, which will take about an hour... then all the security patches... and then I'll be able to install DAoC. And download the 30Mb of patches for that.

Ho hum.
Bridge
Double Gloucester

Post by Bridge »

Surely you can get one of your lackeys at work to do all that kind of stuff for you! Ive been having trouble with my Geforce 2 since I bought it I havent been able to stop myself drinking long enough to buy a new one so I have to put up with the fact it crashes my whole computer and runs stuff some days but not others. Any suggestions what to buy (at a reasonable price). I want something people have had no trouble with at all.
Lalia
Edam

Post by Lalia »

Now I'm up and running with XP, everything is fine - and because this machine now has no junk at all on it (especially not MS Office ha ha ha) it works like a charm!