Not a very relaxing evening yesterday...

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Byronis
Roquefort

Not a very relaxing evening yesterday...

Post by Byronis »

Not long after I got home and had just finished reading the local paper, my wife came into the lounge and placed her drink on our coffee table and went back to cooking the evening meal (being a Wednesday this was a curry). I got up and went into the dining room (rarely used as such though!), turned around to find the cat on the table and saw it examine the contents of the glass.

The glass promptly fell over on the table and sent a fair amount of its contents (Robinsons Special R Orange) over half of the sofa's cushions and on to the floor. Thankfully the glass didn't break and the sofa is stain resistant. Sitting on the dry half of the sofa, We started dabbing up the liquid with Bounty (the paper towels that is - coconut and chocolate would have made things worse).

While we were doing this, we heard a strange noise and to our horror the whole table (apart from the shelf and the metal legs) instantly turned into thousands of small fragments of glass (and millions of tinier pieces).

Appetite diminished, our dinner was binned and we spent the best part of 75 minutes tidying up the debris. My evening meal consisted of a bag of crisps and a cup of tea :P

Will be claiming on the insurance today for the table as it had cost us about £300.

This morning didn't go entirely smoothly either. Heard a noise as I was exiting the bathroom after my morning shower and shave. Came downstairs to find that our cat had knocked over one of Tiff's candle holders and had smashed one of its little glass cups.

Anyone want a cat?
Mal

XB/PSN/Steam/Twitter: merseymal
Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

No thanks, we already have one cat which was sent back from hell :D .

Good luck with the insurance - and go out for dinner tonight to make up for all the bad stuff :wink:
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

The moral of the story is to avoid glass furniture and ornaments if you have a cat - this I learned many moons ago :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
lenda
Mozarella

Post by lenda »

Lorthania wrote:No thanks, we already have one cat which was sent back from hell :D .
Gribalds Pussycat-Spawn From Hell ! Aye ... you're still lucky with your cat Jav .. very very very very very very very very lucky
WoW : Eivie, Vevy, Yuuki, Yenas, ....
Wrath of the Lich King, the expansion that killed challenge.
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Phoned insurance company. Told that my policy has £75 excess on it and i should look for quotes for a new coffee table to give to them. Also a 3rd party will be coming around to look at the table which now consists of 4 metal legs and a bin bag of glass :)
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Chilly
Stilton

Post by Chilly »

oh delayed fracture :D Quite impressive how it managed to not break instantly after the glass struck it?
--

Remember, love does not come from the heart, but from the bottle
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

No idea, but it came as a bloody shock :)

The chap showed up yesterday (works for Chem-Dry) to see it and told tiff that the insurance company sent him around to see if it could be repaired! LOL
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

lol
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Bracken
Double Gloucester

Post by Bracken »

Javai wrote:The moral of the story is to avoid glass furniture and ornaments if you have a cat - this I learned many moons ago :)
I'd prefer just to avoid having a cat :evil:
DAOC Dragon Knight

LOTRO Hunter

Up The Villa!

Image Image Image Image
Bracken
Double Gloucester

Re: Not a very relaxing evening yesterday...

Post by Bracken »

Terris wrote:Heard a noise as I was exiting the bathroom after my morning shower and shave...
As I was reading this I thought to myself "He forgot the shit!" and had thus concluded that the noise would be your pants filling. Is that normal? :oops:
DAOC Dragon Knight

LOTRO Hunter

Up The Villa!

Image Image Image Image
Byronis
Roquefort

Re: Not a very relaxing evening yesterday...

Post by Byronis »

Bracken wrote:
Terris wrote:Heard a noise as I was exiting the bathroom after my morning shower and shave...
As I was reading this I thought to myself "He forgot the shit!" and had thus concluded that the noise would be your pants filling. Is that normal? :oops:
LOL

I save doing that so i can have a few minutes break during work hours, then i get paid for it and save loo paper costs :D
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Aadia
Cheshire

Post by Aadia »

Bracken wrote:
Javai wrote:The moral of the story is to avoid glass furniture and ornaments if you have a cat - this I learned many moons ago :)
I'd prefer just to avoid having a cat :evil:
O but there will be a cat in time.... 2 to be precise!!!!!! :swords:
DAOC: Retired

LOTRO: Ariel, Aadia, Allie