help me

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Ghengis
Danish Blue

help me

Post by Ghengis »

i am an idiot
i managed to put diesel into my motor scooter.
if i drain the tank and put petrol in is my poor little beast likely to survive?
any help appreciated.
:oops:
sleepy
Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

Whatever you do don't start it with the wrong fuel in. I think if you do drain it and put petrol in it should be ok.

I'm not a mechanic lol, this is just what I remember from when me mum did a similar thing with her car.
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

You will need to 'rinse' it a few times with petrol to get all the diesel out but as was said before for goodness sake don't try to start it. Also when you have cleaned it out and filled it up with petrol put one of those fuel enhancers in it (Halfords is your friend). They contain detergents and all sorts of other things that will disperse any diesel sludge. Just to be on the safe side, when you DO finally start it get it nice and hot, don't just start it and say 'thank goodness it still works' then turn it off - take it for a good burn and get the engine good and hot.

Minimarv
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Minimarv »

All of the above, and get a new fuel filter, then a nice long run after getting it hot ( will smoke a little)
Sheep go to Heaven, Goats go to HELL!!!!
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Minimarv wrote:All of the above, and get a new fuel filter, then a nice long run after getting it hot ( will smoke a little)
Lol at 'smoke a little' - I once saw one of those old Subura 4x4 farm vans with the removable plastic back bit go through the same 'treatment' above. In this case the poor bugger HAD tried to start it. after removing carbs and replacing fuel filters and a good rinse he drove it round the large farm yard for 20 mins - let me tell you we couldn't breathe. We were eating lunch and from 30 feet away we could only hear him for 5 mins...... van was fine after that. Haven't laughed so much since a mate took his motorbike of his centre stand and rolled straight forward into a ditch - I very nearly actually died laughing.

Xethron
Brie

Post by Xethron »

Dervish wrote: a mate took his motorbike of his centre stand and rolled straight forward into a ditch - I very nearly actually died laughing.
you are a barstuard! :great:
Iridius - Avalonian Eagle Knight - 50 Wizard/LGM Tailor - Convoker L10
Zirco - Saracen Gryphon Knight - Scout/LGM Fletcher
Thaylin - Saracen Warder - Sorc
Xeion - Briton Minstrel
+

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches." P22/1
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

My missus has a new Renault Scenic 1.9 Diesel Turbo thingy - I have the Megane - petrol, was driving her car after we got back from 3 weeks in America, pulled up to the petrol station forgetting I was in hers not mine, stuck £20 worth of petrol in before I realised what I had done, so just filled the tank (about £30 more) with Diesel and carried on driving it - been fine since - and don't know if it was just wishful thinking but the thing did seem a bit quicker with the ole petrol in it :)
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3