New Mouse

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

New Mouse

Post by Evzy »

Tempted to get a Logitech G5 - was going to go for the G7 wireless but cba with switching batteries etc if/when needed and not really in need of wireless anyway.

Its that or a Razer Copperhead atm.

Had a blip on a Logitech but the MX wireless one - was quite nice though.

Anyone had experience with either of the above or any other decent gaming mice? Thinking don't want to spend more than £50 if possible on it ideally.
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

I'm using the MX518. Gone off wireless mice (between bluetooth clashes and batteries running out at inopertune moments), this one plugs into the USB on my G15 keyboard so wires aren't really an issue. Has on the fly sensitivity adjustment which is quite nice and all the usual programmable bumf. Some 'gaming-grade' dpi but as I dont do first person shooters I dont think I really notice that :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I'm allergic to wireless as well, whatever the technology - YMMV of course :). Just a couple of weeks ago, I went to help someone out who had bought a 200€ wireless mouse/keyboard set - she eventually took my advice and went back to swap it for the wired version :p.

I've been using Logitech ever since I started using computers and it's still the best brand of rodents for me. I am still using an 'old' model though (Pilot Optical), but the MX-518 seems to be its natural successor. Try before you buy though, if you have the possibility :moo:
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

/shudder at wireless

20 quid wired keyboard/mouse set works fine for me :)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Only ever had Logitech keyboards and mice. Currently have a G15 keyboard and a what I suppose is now 'old' MX510. It is a superb mouse with loads buttons for teamspeak and programming etc. The MX518 is a successor to it and can only, I guess, be better.

Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Well no bad comments, time to order meh G5 then methinks and treat myself to 2000 dpi of pure pwnage :)
Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Post by Legaethiel »

I went wireless - can be unreliable at times. I was told how much I could spend, by the purse keeper, maybe a more expensive could be reliable. It really useful and I would recommend them. I am not IT friendly enough to tell what model it is, but it's made by Microsoft. It cost £30 <wince>, meant she couldn't get any Coco Perfume.

I will try and sneek a peek at my wife's pc in her work room - if I don't fall over all her case books. When you become a Barrister - like she is - you get quite a collection.
DAoC Europe- retired

DAoC US Classic: Fatalvixen thid infil; Danelell 50 sorc; Dwywyth 50 servant necro; and others in Albionspride

LoTRs - Kalewyr: Hobbit Guardian level 10
Pg
Cheddar

Post by Pg »

I currently have a G15 keyboard and the G5 mouse. The one and only thing I dont like about the keyboard is that you cant see the labeling of the keys b/c it is quite dark. When it is dark the illuminated keys are quite cool though and can be read very good. :)

The mouse is nice. I just cannot get the extra buttons to work in DAoC. I'm stuck with the 3 standard buttons and wheel.
lots of Lvl 50 Dago's
LGM of all 6 crafts
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

I have got a Saitek keyboard atm which is lush - glowy keys etc as well and great at night

Thought it was about time I got a decent mouse to match - did try the old Razer Boomslang but its a ball mouse not optical - really sensitive buttons as well - did notice an increase in kills when I used to use in ins CS:S but it was just too twitchy at the time for DAOC so its gathering dust atm. At least with G5 I can adjust sensitivity on teh fly etc which will help.
Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Post by Legaethiel »

nice. show off :P
DAoC Europe- retired

DAoC US Classic: Fatalvixen thid infil; Danelell 50 sorc; Dwywyth 50 servant necro; and others in Albionspride

LoTRs - Kalewyr: Hobbit Guardian level 10
Syri
Leerdammer

Post by Syri »

I got the G5 mouse, it's a good mouse for sure..
with regards to getting the extra button working in daoc, just set the assignment in setpoint to default action, instead of what you actually want it to do, and then daoc can use it.
if you actually set it to "back" then daoc doesn't see it, but as default action, daoc sees it, and it still functions as back in browsers :)
hope that helps
Former officer of KotL
Now playing World of Warcraft on Burning Steppes (EU)
Syri - lvl 70 Blood Elf warlock
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

The keyboard was about £30 but I had always made do with a standard microsoft one - hand me downs from my mate usually - they were selling the Saitek one in Maplin the other week for £25 but with a red glowy effect - highly recommend it tbh - keys are nice n soft, the glow isnt overpowering and helps at night :)

Kinda been picking bits up over last few months to get PC to a point where I can stop fiddling with it tbh for when I get shoved out of my current PC room and into a smaller one downstairs :( want the compensation of a decent PC. All upgrades done once meh mouse and other little bits I ordered arrive. Then I aint considering a rebuild til I decide I want Vista -which will be a long time away methinks :)
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

<pokes>
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Ouch?

Rar it all arrived this morning, only paid for it yesterday, can't wait to get home tonight..new mouse, new memory stick and dvd writer all to play with :)
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Evzy wrote:Ouch?

Rar it all arrived this morning, only paid for it yesterday, can't wait to get home tonight..new mouse, new memory stick and dvd writer all to play with :)
Hmm, it should have said 'pokes Vista with a long pointy stick', wonder where the rest of that went to :p.

Gratz with the new toys btw :great:

Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Lorthania wrote:
Evzy wrote:Ouch?

Hmm, it should have said 'pokes Vista with a long pointy stick', wonder where the rest of that went to :p.
Fing has recently permitted the use of HTML tags on this message board. Since the beginning of your sentence looks like it might be an HTML tag ( <pokes ) the forum software helpfully closed the tag for you at the first space and discsarded the rest...

The way aroud it is to disable the the use of HTML tags in your message when required by using the relevent checkbox below the message text entry window.
:great:

Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Thanks Derv, I'd give you a rep point if I could :wink:

Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Word to the mother.....or some such chatter!

Well got home, stuck teh new memory in, worked...then stopped working... hmm.... haven't installed teh mouse yet but the dvd went in ok...so 1 out of 3 aint bad so far!