Folklore

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Eloish
Cornish Yarg

Folklore

Post by Eloish »

I just got folklore this saturday. And all i can say is tha the game is bloody brilliant.... Okay i was lying i can say alot more.

Folklore is an action adventure game.. I know it sounds bad since most action adventure games are just adventure games where the developers couldnt come up with a good enough story and had to spice up the game with alot of fightinging and such. :swords:
Folklore on the other had has a masterly written story and the "action" part of the game is really good too.
Wikipedia wrote:The game takes place in the present day. A young woman by the name of Ellen is lured to the sea-side village of Doolin, in Ireland, led by a letter from her supposedly dead mother. Meanwhile Keats, a journalist from an occult magazine called Unknown Realms, receives a phone call from a woman in distress telling him to come to Doolin. Soon he and Ellen find themselves in a murder mystery, where the answers seem to only be found in the Netherworld, the world of the dead, a realm that can only be accessed from one place in the world, Doolin. To solve the crime and reveal Ellen's forgotten past, they will need to venture to the Netherworld as travellers, where faeries and folks alike await them.

The story is divided into two intertwined "storylines", one with Ellen and one with Keats. By two "storylines" i mean that you'll have to play the chapters with both Ellen and Keats to get the entire story.
In the Netherworld you bind The Folks(hostile creatures of the Netherwold) to you, afterwich you can use them to fight other Folks.
Even tough you have to play each level twice(once with each character) the gameplay with Ellen and Keats is diffrent enough that it doesnt get tiresome. For instance the way Ellen and Keats uses the Folks is different.
The dialogue is mostly done thourgh a comic box kinda way.. its hard to explain or.. not really it very much like a comic box.. pictures and speech bubbles. done in a tasteful way wich really fits the game. It seemed a little wired at first but i've come to like it.
Some of the characters are a little cryptic.. if not alot. But it wouldnt be any fun if it wasnt.

Well.. plot, characters and gameplay aside the visual side of the game is simply astonishing (as expected of a ps3 game:P)
Eloish, level 50 Reaver. retired from daoc
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Ah is it PS3 - thought I hadnt seen it in any PC mags lately..Cool to see a game set in Ireland though :) Needs a killer pint of Guiness imo to be truly great!
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Eloish
Cornish Yarg

Post by Eloish »

Evzy wrote:Ah is it PS3 - thought I hadnt seen it in any PC mags lately..Cool to see a game set in Ireland though :) Needs a killer pint of Guiness imo to be truly great!
hehe yeah but what doesn't

or should i say what doesn't become great with a killer pint?
:pint: :great: :P
Eloish, level 50 Reaver. retired from daoc
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

It was this game + the price cut that allowed me to persuade Talifer to get me a PS3 :P

I'm enjoying the game alot but having to fight for the PS3 as he's enjoying Heavenly Sword and Skate.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

boo ps3, gifv pc version :)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard