age of conan

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

wicub
Camoscio D'oro

age of conan

Post by wicub »

Dunno if anyone is thinking of playing this when it comes out, with play.com if u pre order the game u can get a free rhino mount, it might not be any good but anything for free is good. :D
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Seems likely they will also be the official partner that gives the 3 day head-start but I'm gonna hold off until that is actually announced :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

i was thinking of having a look while waiting for WAR
sleepy
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Just going to wait for WAR myself. Would like a look at it but I hve a new timesink :)
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

I have actually tried to get into the AoC thing but I simply can't. I just don't find it the least bit interesting but then I've never really been into the whole Conan IP really whereas I was always D&D and Warhammer at school. The mature rating scares me off also - all those kids queueing up to get their daily ration of tits and bums - no thank you.

I also can't see there being nearly as much depth to it as WAR and nothing is going to stop me playing WAR. Like old man Evzy says, with timesinks running around (or crawling in his case) there isn't time to be getting into loads of new stuff. Nope, I'm saving myself up for the main event.

Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

play added the 3-day head start bonus to their info looks like it'll be live around 20th May.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

looks like me and the missus will be trying AoC.
the wait for WAR is just too long and we are sorely bored of the other mmo`s around currently.

btw, the vids on the AoC webby show the war rhino in use, charging into combat and fighting while mounted, already much better than DAoC mounts :p
sleepy
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Me and Tal also going to play it at least for the 30 free days :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

have pre-ordered the war rhino version from play for the missus and myself, almost went to game for a copy as they are giving a war mammoth and jules was keen on having a hairy elephant until i reminded her i was already her hairy elephant ;)
sleepy
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Must be a girlie thing I preferred the Mammoth to but I did read somewhere that the Rhino is faster with a charge ability - chances are you'll be able to acquire them btoh eventually.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

just seen the monthly cost for Conan and am now thinking about cancelling my order.
10 and a half quid is just too much imo.
especially when i will also be paying for Jules` subs as well.
the UK price is way off scale compared to the $15 tag in the states.
why are UK paying so much more????
sleepy
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

We pay more because we have to pay VAT on games subs - was introduced in the last couple of years and has been the case on all new games I've tried of late.

Also additional news headstart is opening on 17th May for those with pre-orders (though you do have to pay 5 euro to activate the headstart afaik) and will no longer have a level cap.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

I might try this out for a while if I can a) find some up to date and detailed info on crafting, especially Architect. And b) run it on my PC :p

If Architect's can make cash from building I might even put up with putting everything on low just to try it out.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Bleri McThrust wrote:I might try this out for a while if I can a) find some up to date and detailed info on crafting, especially Architect. And b) run it on my PC :p

If Architect's can make cash from building I might even put up with putting everything on low just to try it out.
Not much info on crafting as yet as it doesn't begin til level 40 and game only went into early access about 24 hours ago.

So far we're enjoying it, it's not a favourite setting for me for sure but it's interesting enough and the classes are very varied and interesting - it's the first game I've played where melee is actually more interesting to play than casters, we'll see how it develops post level 20 as up til then it's still very much in a beginners zone with alot of easy quests to make levelling fairly quick. Tal and I hit 17 after ~ 10 hours played taking it slowly and taking one quest doing it going back for the next rather than rounding up a whole bunch in one area to make it faster.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

are there any plans for a stronghold guild?
what server type are people going for?
we will be playing the pve server as it is most like the normal DAoC servers with pvp in specific areas and nice safe areas for levelling in.
sleepy
Icatel
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Icatel »

Ghengis wrote:just seen the monthly cost for Conan and am now thinking about cancelling my order.
10 and a half quid is just too much imo.
especially when i will also be paying for Jules` subs as well.
the UK price is way off scale compared to the $15 tag in the states.
why are UK paying so much more????
can expect prices to be higher for any MMO where we are paying to a Euro-using company as well, given the thrashing that the pound is taking atm :)

anyone know whether mythic are (yet another) a French based company?
Tis all about the kites...

------------------------------

Icalunus - Sorceress
Icatel - Shaman
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

EA Mythic (US company) have said they 'expect' WAR will be around €15 for those subbing to GOA (French company) to have the game run from Dublin (Irish company that makes Guiness).

Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Me and Tal are playing on Ymir as we went for a pve server with a less popular name in the hope for a quieter and and more pleasant gaming experience.

Not sure if there is interest in a stronghold guild or how many of us there are but happy to see friednly faces :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Would like to try the game but am thinking of hanging on for a while for more news on the crafting.

Also not sure how well I will be able to run it :(
Playing Skyrim

Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

getting really annoyed.
i caved in and registered the early access and theres no sign of a link to download the client!!!!
sleepy
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Ghengis wrote:getting really annoyed.
i caved in and registered the early access and theres no sign of a link to download the client!!!!
Did you actually go through and pay the 5 euro cost for early access? The pre-order code in itself doesn't give early access and I'm not sure if they are still taking early access payments as at one point that was 'sold out'.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Isnt today release day ?

The whole Early Access thing was very confusing and I'm not even taking part :P

If you managed to get an EA pass then it seems you got 3 days before retail launch + 7 days after. Not including any down times.

You had to have pre-ordered the game then registered your pre-order, then paid €5 but even though we are talking virtual world here there was no virtual number of EA's. So those that hadnt read all the fine print beforehand were left without there Early Access and those that did got in.

Confused ... you will be after the next epsiode of Soap.

Anyway hows the retail build going :P
Playing Skyrim

Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

It's not released for EU til Friday went live in US today.

The EA thing was very very badly managed as it was never clear the pre-order code and EA was separate unless you read the AoC forums.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

i`ve had no confirmation of payment made but it did take my card details and i did tick the EA box.
sleepy
loren soth
Gorgonzola

Post by loren soth »

i am playing a dark templar at the mo on crom server at the mo which i amn at the mo enjoying and i also have a alt already being my necromancer :-)
Warhammer age of reckoning
retired
World of warcraft
Retired
Aion
Retired
Eve online
Retired
Taglim
Cornish Yarg

Post by Taglim »

I hope you guys can post some ingame pics for me so i can look at them while at work! :D

interested to see what the combat system looks like, just out of curiosity! ;)
Part Time Father
Part Time Worker
Full Time Gameaholic!
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Ghengis wrote:i`ve had no confirmation of payment made but it did take my card details and i did tick the EA box.
Hmm it takes card details for the monthly subs when you register, if you get in the EA the link to download is very prominent on the first page of your account when you log in. There is also a link to showyour curent upgrades which tells you if you are in or not (should also show the Rhino if you had a play.com code).
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Taglim wrote:I hope you guys can post some ingame pics for me so i can look at them while at work! :D

interested to see what the combat system looks like, just out of curiosity! ;)
Hmm I'm not good with screenshots and stuff but the comabt system (for melee) is very involved and complex and alot of fun. There is NO autoattack if you stand there looking at a mob it is going to beat you to death :) You get 3 basic directional attacks and the mobs have 3 directions of shields and the idea is to hit against their weakest shields but if you do a powerful attack in one direction they will move more shields to that side. On top of that you have 'combos' which also have a direction but which you have to execute a series of attacks to get off (there is an on-screen reminder of which keys to use thankfully) very powerful attacks can generate fatalities which have funky animations like chopping heads off blood splatters on the screen and give you a short duration regen buff.

I've never played a game before were melee was more interesting than casting but in this game it is, though I am playing a caster-type main char becuase as with all game huge aoe damage is fun :) But the melee classes also have a fair amount of aoe attacks too.
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

cant remember which server i am on but the game is lush to look at.
playing a rogue and having a ball at lvl9 :)
sleepy
Icatel
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Icatel »

so us this any good? Getting a little sick of wow!
Tis all about the kites...

------------------------------

Icalunus - Sorceress
Icatel - Shaman