Hello guys!

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Bergy
Oatcake

Hello guys!

Post by Bergy »

Hey there i remember you guys when i use to play daoc , I am the GM of White Rose not sure you recall us but we use to be mids :D Anyways i am trying to put together a bunch of old guilds that use to play daoc for warhammer and i noticed that you guys was looking to play warhammer, atm i have spoken to serveral guilds about joining the same server and this is the list that have said yes they will join

White Rose
IGNIS
AB
Cult of the Dead Dragon
Dreadwing
Black Company
Red Guard
BokkeRijders
Sign of the Hammer
Invadoria
Chilled out Wargamers

Joining us on the same server and it would be great if you guys could come also all the guilds who have signed up for this has not decided what side to join as yet as we trying to make it balanced server so if this intrests uou guys or if you know or any other guilds who played daoc then please post on http://forums.the-white-rose.net really looking forward to hearing from you.

Bergy
White Rose GM
Kagato
Cheshire

Post by Kagato »

Some familier names there but personally I wont be bothering with Warhammer myself.
It doesn't matter if I win or lose, just so long as I piss you off.
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

Kagato wrote:Some familier names there but personally I wont be bothering with Warhammer myself.

but a hell of a lot of us will ;)
sleepy
Icatel
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Icatel »

i remember mids! well at least, being killed by them.
Tis all about the kites...

------------------------------

Icalunus - Sorceress
Icatel - Shaman
Collegien
Cheshire

Post by Collegien »

I ordered my copy already :)

But i am going to teh U S and A

:great:
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

I will be there, pwning grass face down as usual.
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

I'll be the guy "resting" next to Evzy I do believe
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

Sara wrote:I'll be the guy "resting" next to Evzy I do believe

no no no, you'll be *one* of the guys resting next to Evzy - we got carpets to make!!!

;)
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Icatel
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Icatel »

HG style...
Tis all about the kites...

------------------------------

Icalunus - Sorceress
Icatel - Shaman
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Icatel wrote:i remember mids! well at least, being killed by them.
I did solo kill a Troll, once. My only moment of glory in four years of RVR :wink:
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Bergy
Oatcake

Post by Bergy »

Could a GM or officer get in contact with me as i am trying to sort out the server asap thank you.

Bergy
White Rose GM
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

best sending a pm to Fing or Favail
sleepy
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

I can answer on behalf of KoP (or whatever configuration we take in WAR) that we wouldn't be interested in this initiative. Though I wish you luck with it - it simply is not how I like to approach a game, part of the fun of a new MMO is finding new friends (and enemies!).
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Bergy
Oatcake

Post by Bergy »

Javai wrote:I can answer on behalf of KoP (or whatever configuration we take in WAR) that we wouldn't be interested in this initiative. Though I wish you luck with it - it simply is not how I like to approach a game, part of the fun of a new MMO is finding new friends (and enemies!).

I totally apprecatate your views but the whole point of this is play aganst peeps who we used to face in battle on excal so in affect with warhammer we are trying to arrange a balanced realms without having an in balance server. Also we found that when we moved to wow(spit) we lost touch of the communty we had in daoc and we are trying to recapture that by going to guilds we have played alongside and aganst but i totally value your comments good luck with your choice of warhammer server.

Bergy
White Rose GM
Jocelynn
Cheshire

Post by Jocelynn »

One thing I would like to know is how do you intend to balance the servers?

I notice on your site you say this...
Bergy wrote:Also as you have seen i have not added that sides you guys are going to join as yet i will leave that till we have a bit more balanced as if we all join the same side it kinda makes this all pointless.
Does this mean you are intending to tell those guilds which side to play to "balance" the servers? Or maybe you plan to just talk them around?

Does this also mean you see your own guild like an "alliance head guild", taking responsibility and delegating to the others?

What are your views on zerging versus 8v8 groups?

Are you planning on coordinating guilds on the same server, on opposing sides to "balance" the server?

Community is nice, but we all know what happens when people talk about daoc rvr- they flame! I would like to get an all round view on what your really proposing here.

Joyce
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

My belief is that communities form themselves mate. Our alliance here in DAoC did that over a number of years through learning the hard way how not to ally yourselves with people you don't want to spend your online hobbytime with. I'm not saying that would be the case here but this does all seem a little contrived. You see we here are fairly confident we WILL have the DAoC old times good feeling in WAR because of how we came together in the first place and how we will already be entering WAR together. In effect we have already achieved what you are seeking to do now if you see what I mean?

I think this a great initiative for those guilds who are out in the wilderness (WoW :p) so to speak but as for us I'm sure the feeling all round will be 'thanks but no thanks'.

If we end up on the same server anyway we will be active in server issues as we always contributed well to the general life and PvE/RvR on Excal then Dyvet so we may well end up on the same side (or opposite side :swords: ) of a good few city sieges anyway.

Good luck mate.

Derv

Co-GM Covenant of Zak

Bergy
Oatcake

Post by Bergy »

Jocelynn wrote:One thing I would like to know is how do you intend to balance the servers?

I notice on your site you say this...
Bergy wrote:Also as you have seen i have not added that sides you guys are going to join as yet i will leave that till we have a bit more balanced as if we all join the same side it kinda makes this all pointless.
Does this mean you are intending to tell those guilds which side to play to "balance" the servers? Or maybe you plan to just talk them around?

Does this also mean you see your own guild like an "alliance head guild", taking responsibility and delegating to the others?

What are your views on zerging versus 8v8 groups?

Are you planning on coordinating guilds on the same server, on opposing sides to "balance" the server?

Community is nice, but we all know what happens when people talk about daoc rvr- they flame! I would like to get an all round view on what your really proposing here.

Joyce

Right i think this is taking it totally out of contents , All i am trying to do is arrange a server that is well Balanced , I certainly would not tell you what side to be on , White Rose would not be the for front of any alliance and i personally could not care if peeps want to zerg or 8 v 8 as i think the game designers have already taken the rvr side in to account.

From personal experince we found after we left daoc and moved to wow we found the communty was out for there own and tried to screw ppl over at every turn , But when we played daoc everyone in the same realm worked together for the greater goal and even the enemies we faced had the same beliefs.

My main goal was to try to get some of the old spirt back from the excal days and have serveral guilds playing again on the same sides so the old enemie could have been a new friend now but it has been made clear that the GM's are not intrested so i won't be wasting your time on this matter again i hope you enjoy your server you choose and all the best in the future.

Bergy signing out.
White Rose GM
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Hi Bergy,

Sorry for not responding sooner.

I have to echo the sentiments of my fellow alliance GMs in not really seeing the need to force the set up of a new server by balancing guilds on different sides etc. however I do respect your goals in attempting to reignite the old daoc realm spirit.

While not on the same realm there are a few guilds in your list that I recall as being fair and friendly at the same time as being our bloodthirsty enemies ;)

All the best with your endeavours, those guilds that were once in The Stronghold will most likely be moving collectively to a single server in WAR and if we end up on the same one we'll do what we can to help engender a good sense of realm pride. If not we'll try and pass on those same feelings on whatever server we are on.

Good luck :)
Last edited by Fingoniel on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Jocelynn
Cheshire

Post by Jocelynn »

Bergy wrote:
Right i think this is taking it totally out of contents , All i am trying to do is arrange a server that is well Balanced , I certainly would not tell you what side to be on , White Rose would not be the for front of any alliance and i personally could not care if peeps want to zerg or 8 v 8 as i think the game designers have already taken the rvr side in to account.

From personal experince we found after we left daoc and moved to wow we found the communty was out for there own and tried to screw ppl over at every turn , But when we played daoc everyone in the same realm worked together for the greater goal and even the enemies we faced had the same beliefs.

My main goal was to try to get some of the old spirt back from the excal days and have serveral guilds playing again on the same sides so the old enemie could have been a new friend now but it has been made clear that the GM's are not intrested so i won't be wasting your time on this matter again i hope you enjoy your server you choose and all the best in the future.

Bergy signing out.
Bergy, I did not intend to upset you. The questions were a reflection of what I genuinely wanted to know, mainly because I don't know anything about your guild.

I really wish you the best of luck with what your doing, although it seems to me your doing quite well already!

Joyce :)