New theme

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

New theme

Post by Fingoniel »

Ello,

Have added a new Humberton Blackguard theme which you can feel free to change to and test.

It's not working in IE6 atm and probably a bit iffy in IE7, but that'll get sorted in a mo.

If anyone has any problems with this theme just post and I'll do what I can to fix it :)

You can change to it by clicking on your "Profile", scrolling down and changing the bit marked "Board style".

Cheers,
Fing
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Icatel
Spammer
Spammer

Post by Icatel »

very cool, im a fan!

Best wishes,

Woody
Tis all about the kites...

------------------------------

Icalunus - Sorceress
Icatel - Shaman
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Cool :) should also point out there's an events calendar and gallery (not a lot in there atm...) if you go to http://www.roguishness.com/war/
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Check out the new front page - very nice :)

Got worried I couldnt get into the forums for awhile this morning though - needed my daily spam fix n all that!!!
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

this is now the default as it's working in IE6

(looks absolutely awful if you don't have javascript turned on but well there ye go :p I'm lazy and I used jquery to fix the PNGs without it breaking all the links)

Can change it in your profile if you prefer something different.
Taglim
Cornish Yarg

Post by Taglim »

very cool, i love it! :great:
Part Time Father
Part Time Worker
Full Time Gameaholic!
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

It does look good but still not quite there in IE7 alas. The 'FAQ Search Membelist etc' menu bar is all shifted to the right.

I assume you had woes with transparent PNGs in IE6? I redid the entire Zak website with transparent PNGs using IE7 and Firefox (Windows), Konqueror and Firefox (Kubuntu) and Safari (Mac OS X) only to find out IE6 doesn't support them. Turned them all into transparent GIF's after looking at all the available options to get them to work in IE6.

Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

yeah you get around pngs with using filters however if you have a background image replaced with a filter in an element any links inside it will stop working.

So, you create a new div inside the element, position it absolutely within the old element and apply the filter to that.

I've just been odd and done it with javascript because it was more fun to code ;)

Probably would have taken less time to just do it in the html/css and it'd work on browsers with js switched off but meh that's no fun.

I think I'm gonna yank the profile/logout bit and just turn it back into a table :p (it's lists at the moment). Tables for positioning are evil but sometimes...
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

I tried really hard to go all CSS for the Zak revamp but CSS is wanko for precision layout. How many 10,000 word guides are there on achieving something as simple as a 3 column layout in CSS?

CSS2 is supposed to change all that but for now tables are good at what they do and in many cases, and for pixel precision, way better than CSS.

Don't get me wrong, I like CSS for what it is good at like, oddly enough, style sheets. But for layout.... roll on CSS2.

Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

containing div, three divs (one for each column) float em left ;)

apply clearfix hack :D

If you need pixel perfect you have position: relative and position: absolute at your disposal...

That said, tables are perfect for tabular data :)