SWTOR

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

SWTOR

Post by Bleri McThrust »

So the NDA is down any honest feedback from the beta testers?
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
Taglim
Cornish Yarg

Post by Taglim »

think the NDA is lifted now, said so in the patch notes!

i've only got a minute, so i'll keep it brief! :P

i'm really enjoying it, i only get a few hours here and there to play and so far it doesn't feel like a chore! The main quest line for each class is different and acutally not that bad, since the new build though it has been a little harder to kill some mobs (bosses mainly) but you gotta get the technique right. Combat feels quite good, no auto attack so have to keep hitting the buttons which is no problem really.

i'm loving the fact each time you take a quest, you get the video to accomany it, if you're in a group all of you are displayed as you are as you created the char with current stuff equiped. quite a nice feature and drags you into the story a bit more.

Graphics are nice, miles better than WOW and WAR imo, and still reletively smooth.

anything you want to know?
Part Time Father
Part Time Worker
Full Time Gameaholic!
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

I suppose what I really want to hear is that it's a pile of rubbish and don't bother :p.

Reason for that is hopefully the man in the red suit is going to be bringing me Skyrim just after this launches and with that and a bit of time for EVE Online, I'm not sure I should even think about it.

Really though It's the crafting and PvP that will probably interest me most, but seeing as that will possibly not be tested to fruition until after release I may just miss the launch and see what happens.

Oh and I bit the bullet and got myself a beta key so will check out the base game whilst waiting for the fat man with the beard to arrive.
Playing Skyrim

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Bleri .. skyrim owns all . since i got it i havent loaded up anything else
come get some noobs!!!!!!
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Loving it. Roll on 20th December (minus whatever early access I get) :)
Mal

XB/PSN/Steam/Twitter: merseymal
Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

I tried it over the weekend and tbh didn't really give it enough chance to comment on the game itself but I felt a bit underwhelmed.

Will stick to my original plan of hoping Father Christmas brings me Skyrim and waiting to see how SWTOR develops, community and gameplay wise.
Playing Skyrim

Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

SWTOR feels like it's going to be a great game.

Loving the fully voiced quests, really makes you feel like you're involved with your characters story.
Crafting seems really well thought out (no more mind-numbingly sitting next to a crafting tool, staring at the screen, as a bar slowly fills up again and again).
Tried all the Empire base classes and enjoyed every one, so it's gonna be tough to choose a main char for launch.

Skyrim, well it's a bit .....meh

An average console port with poor controls for an RPG and slightly dated average graphics.
The world is huge but gameplay felt pretty repetitive after not too long for me.
The game was hyped way too much tbh.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired