terra online open beta

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

hawkeye
Danish Blue

terra online open beta

Post by hawkeye »

skill check mmo much like GW2 . just not as good . makes a nice filler till Gw2 is released no official date for that yet there just starting the closed beta tests this weekend

follow the instructions and your good to go
http://tera-europe.com/
come get some noobs!!!!!!
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

well iv bought this loved the open beta .. nothing new you may think .. actually there is the combat system is a massive step forward in mmo's .. if you wanna stand toe to toe with mobs and beat on em as you lvl up like you could in traditional mmo's .. Forget it, try that and your gonna die alot . like i said its a skill check mmo . shooting a bow casting a spell ,choping a mob it all has to be aimed .. i got lazy fighting a basalisk .. and it 1 shotted me . lol
doesnt seem to be anything new for the rest of it but i didnt see that much and its MASSIVE . and without a doubt the most stunning looking enviroment iv ever seen . since GW2 doesnt even get released till dec .. ill be playing this . havent had this much fun in pve since EQ .
but dont just take my word for it . headstart begins on the 28th .. if you wanna see how it looks ect id suggest heading over to twitch tv and watch someones stream of the game
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

From what i've seen and read it's a pretty typical asian grind mmo.

Got an invite to this weekend's Guild Wars 2 beta so will be interesting to see how all their ideas are coming together.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

I've given up on signing up for betas of any description these days, even open ones. Generally I am waiting to see how the game matures especially for the PvP and/or crafting side before making any decisions and they've all been pass for any recent releases.

That said though I am still very interested in seeing peoples comments about betas and especially how GW2 looks.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Catalina wrote:From what i've seen and read it's a pretty typical asian grind mmo.

Got an invite to this weekend's Guild Wars 2 beta so will be interesting to see how all their ideas are coming together.
yeah its asian and i thought the same .. here we go again like aion ding lvl 40 .. you now need 2938756417848729785394 exp for lvl 41

its not you can get to lvl 12 say in about 3 hours at a relaxed pace .. ppl who got to lvl 25 ish said it was fine ..

bah you got into closed GW2 beta huh .. let us know how it goes plz .always interested in fun ways to waste my time XD

like i said i bought terra already not to do the usual thing , but to play on a pvp server and pretty much murder harrass and grief the shit out of ppl .. like i used to on UO ... dont frown ppl its a pvp server everyone does it hehe
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

well im totally sold on this mmo .. it has a superb endgame .. there are elections for guildleaders to rule of provinces .. this gives that guild some nice goodies .. not overpowered stuff .. more crafting and enchanting ...if the guild that wins a perticular province is not something that a guild or any guild likes they can declare war on that guild .. all memeber of a guild at war with yours are flagged as hostile and can be attacked outside a safe zone
crafting is not useless the top lvl crafted items are in line with dungeon drops. and you can enchant items upto + 12 . from +7 onwards they start to get a funky glow on weapons
alot of ppl that had played terra then tried the GW2 beta came back to terra in disgust ..derp
lvling up is not a grindfest they rewrote a quest system into the game so its fine now im 33 at the mo and im lazy
the world enviroment and player models are utterly stunning

works for me .. this game is my new home
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Managed to put decent amount of time into the GW2 beta at the weekend and came away pretty impressed.
They've got some really nice features and mechanics.

I was going to give it a full write-up but there's just far too much to include, so instead here's a couple of my favourite features:

- You only have 1 actionbar, and the skills that are assigned to it change automatically depending on the type of weapon you have equipped (sword, mace, staff etc)

- Classes can combine some of their spells to give additional effects. For example, an elementalist can put down a firewall then a guardian can use leap through it to add a fire dot to their attack. There are tons of different combinations.

- Your level/stats are automatically adjusted down to match the level of the area you're fighting in. Meaning that at max level you can essentially take part in any of the content available in the game without it being trivial. Also very nice for helping out friends/guildmates who are new to the game or are rolling new alts without carrying them through it.

- Apart from your personal storyline quest chain, all quests are similar to the public quests in WAR. You enter an area, the objective pops up and it then scales to the number of players taking part. There are also world events which fairly regularly spawn in different areas of the map.

They dropped the NDA at the weekend so if you have any questions i'll do my best to answer them.

note: i didn't have a chance to test out PvP (or WvWvW as it is in GW2) or much of the crafting system, but i'll try and focus on that in the next beta weekend.
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

nice one that sounds alot more promising than the ppl who rubbished it .. they never did give any decent reasons .. still not as worried as i was now some nice features there
the weapins effecting your skills is a pretty cool touch

can you try and find out what they have planned for the endgame at all ... im finding so many mmos fall down here now
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

I'm liking some of the things I've heard about GW2 so far. I think any WvW views may well become outdated very quickly as it's an impossible thing to tune correctly without a maturing player base,

However due to the subscription model, ie pay for box no subs, I might just buy into the game at the very beginning as there will be no subscription pressure and the box is unlikely to be discounted for a while.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

I'll try and do a bit of WvW during the next beta weekend.

The nice thing about any PvP in GW2 is that you're automatically boosted to max level with all the skills/traits available, and everyone has the same stats on their armor so no matter what level you are you'll be on even footing with everyone else.

Skill and organisation are the deciding factors for PvP.