Guild Wars 2

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Sara
Danish Blue

Guild Wars 2

Post by Sara »

Are a few people going to be trying this out on release in August?

Going to give it a go I think although it will be very, very casual for me as time is not as free as it once was :cry:

Be great if we could pull together a guild again! :swords:
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Pre-purchased already and looking forward to it.

Won't have too much time to play at release as we get the keys to our new house at the start of that week but should be around a bit more once we're settled in.

As long as we arrange to start on the same server we can sort out a guild when we get the chance.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

I need to buy a copy of windows and install boot camp on my mac before August.... knowing me it'll never work!

Not going to bother with the 3 day extra window as I probably won't get that much time.
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

i doubt it really .. i start to play them ,then just dont have the time to justify the subs
this one been sub free may swing it for me . iv seen a few vids and stuff just not got enough info yet to make my mind up
need someone like cat to do a decent write up i guess if he has the time that is .. were all older now and dont have anywere near the time we used to have to goof around on comp games . which may work for us all get in same guild jump in play what we can log off ect

ill think about it but cant commit to anything just yet
come get some noobs!!!!!!
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

From what I've read, which admittedly is very limited this game almost lends itself to our new found elder selves.

According to what I've seen PVP will be a case of everyone loading in at the same top level with the top gear so everyon's at a level playing field regardless of playtime so it's all about strategy.

This is perfect for me as there's no way I'll be able to spend the hours getting the gear and the levels to keep up with the usual grind!

Also, there seems to be a balance of classes in that there is no specific heal/tank classes so hopefully you aren't going to be restricted by being a DPS caster when a group needs a healer or a theif when a group needs a tank but that might be Naivety on my part.

Looking forwards to having a play anyway, Warrior for me to begin with I think! :swords:
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

i think the folks at GW2 have been watching the other games and seen how gear based pvp is a very fast way to kill a game for ppl who wanna pvp .. i mean after you get in from work who the fuck wants to get repeat ganked by some cunt with no job sat at home all day farming the uber kit ..
Daoc was the king before those stupid expansions with weapon lvl up ect due everyone pretty much useing the same shiz .. ans the 3 faction thing is also in GW2 isnt it ??

anyway ill see what price they sell it at .. just lately games are WAYYY!!! overinflated in price and i wont by then if there over 40 quid .. i dont care how good there supposed to be i will not be ripped off hehe
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

Totally agree, stupid price for the pre-order but around 40 for the casual from what I've seen!
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Will be buying the Standard Edition non pre-order which is currently at £34.97 on Amazon

No beta weekend or head start for us but that doesn't worry me, 70 quid instead of 100+ does though :)
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

nice one bleri cheers
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

ok bought it .. the sheer amount of stuff you can do in this game for a one off . no subs mmo is crazy .. and the open world 3 faction pvp has swung it for me .. was looking at some forums and found massive amounts of old Daoc players are gonna play it so should be a healthy world pvp scene ... and the fact its not a gear grind pvp game and everyone uses the same gear just with different looks only .. is a winner

so time to pick a server that were all gonna play on see how many of us there will be and weather its worth us setting up our own guild or not .. lets get everyone on the same server so even if we dont make our own guild at least there are friends about to play with .. erm exp ect with i mean <its your fault you have a dirty mind >

so ill start the ball rolling server .. no idea tbh
gona play .. .YES
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

I played on "Ring of Fire" throughout the beta.
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

you need to lay off them currys then .P .. sorry couldt resist ..well ok lets say that one then .. has anyone got the digital deluc version and up .. as you can use something you get with those to give the guild i nice boost ??
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

Going to play: YES

Though I'll manage to get on so rarely I'll make Fing look like he hit 50 faster than Flash Gordon.
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

I got the 3 day advance option before I realised I'm away for the 3 days before release.... winner.
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Got the standard edition with 3 days early access, but we're moving into our new house that week so not sure how often i'll be on.
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

http://www.twitch.tv/thegeekasaurus
channel run by an old DAOC player will show you world v world if you ask him .. he showed me it .. FUCK ME it really is DAOC

im sold and am so excited now i just pooed myself .PP
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

some interesting info was haveing a chat with the guild wars Qand A guys on the official GW" twitch channel this is the gist of what i got from them ..

will you ever do gear grind in either pve or the pvp ...
no never thats a nodel subs based mmo.s use to keep you paying as there a time sink .. we have no subs so we dont care and dont like the model ..just about ever mmo as of late with a gear grind pvp model has died withinn 3 months of realease .. were as games such as dark age of camlot . which used the . everyone has the same skills and equipment .. thrived for many years

i noticed you have a few old DAOC players who do commentating on this channel .. just how many of the staff did used to play the game

hehe quite a few in fact anyone who played Daoc will instantly recognise the world vs world pvp

cool .. ok server ranking has been mentioned a few times can you explain that plz

sure .. at the start of the game you have 6 weeks for your server to get as many points in open world pvp as possible and at the end you get ranked . bronze silver gold plat ect ect .. this is so if say your server is a bronze ranked server and gets spanked week in week out by 2 plat servers .. its no fun right .. so we balance it out you go up against servers more your lvl of play .. ofc you can improve and move up the ranks

just some of the info i got from these guys .. who i have to say are some of the nicest and most patiaent ppl iv ever seen on a streaming channel
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

hawkeye wrote:cool .. ok server ranking has been mentioned a few times can you explain that plz

sure .. at the start of the game you have 6 weeks for your server to get as many points in open world pvp as possible and at the end you get ranked . bronze silver gold plat ect ect .. this is so if say your server is a bronze ranked server and gets spanked week in week out by 2 plat servers .. its no fun right .. so we balance it out you go up against servers more your lvl of play .. ofc you can improve and move up the ranks
This is different from what i heard.

Think it was stated in one of the Arenanet blog posts or one of their interviews that all WvWvW battles would last 24 hours for the first few weeks so that the servers would fall into suitable places in the rankings. Then they would swap back to the 14 day long battles when everyone was more evenly matched.
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

yeah they did say it was a work in progress still .But there leaning more towards this one as it gives sufficient time in the begining for servers to organize
was told myself to keep up with the offical forum announcments of these things

oh one more thing many ppl also told me the lag problems they had in the 1st beta .. have almost all been cleared up when they played the last beta .. which is pretty impressive

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news

you need to sign in to get on the forums .. dont troll they wont tolerate it
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

We'll be joining, though not going to pay for a mid-week headstart with 2 hours game play a day our maximum these days.

Should just about scrape enough fun out of Diablo 3 to get to release date :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Yrrab
Cheshire

Post by Yrrab »

Just finished D3 so I might dip into this :)
Yrrab - Elementalist
Yrrow - Ranger
Yrrwigo - Thief
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

just all start on ring of fire server .. im doing the headstart so if need be ill pay for the guild startup .. all welcome thinking the guild should be casual play as you can ... after all no gear grind leaves more time for fun like Daoc was

same thing as HG was rather we have nice fun ppl that the .. look i is da uber ..had enough of that crap with me hehe

anyway ill save my cash and post my game name once i get in there and we can find each other and sort it out

oh once someone goes on your friends list in the game is easy to find ppl
remember HAVE FUN its not a race
Javai
Chocolate

Post by Javai »

Picked up the full 3-day headstart edition. If anyone else is looking for it without wanting to pay £50, there's currently a code (PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN ) which will bring it down to £37.74 at Green Man Gaming. Serial code delivery is instant. Had to set up two accounts to use it twice but it worked :)
Javai
Favail
Windraven
Meina
GM Fates Tainted
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Javai wrote:Picked up the full 3-day headstart edition. If anyone else is looking for it without wanting to pay £50, there's currently a code (PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN ) which will bring it down to £37.74 at Green Man Gaming. Serial code delivery is instant. Had to set up two accounts to use it twice but it worked :)
Nice find :)
Yrrab
Cheshire

Post by Yrrab »

OK I just bought the game ::
:

Now as you all know how I play what's the recommended Profession/race for me? :)
Yrrab - Elementalist
Yrrow - Ranger
Yrrwigo - Thief
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Yrrab wrote:OK I just bought the game ::
:

Now as you all know how I play what's the recommended Profession/race for me? :)
If you want your usual ranged pew pew class then ranger or elementalist are probably the best choice. Rangers get a choice of pets, elementalists attune to different elements to give a ton of different spells.

I'll be playing an engineer. It's one of the utility classes.
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

yeah ranger is a WvWvW must for keep defences .. rember the old scouts in DAoc , shooting ppl from the walls ect .. same here they just about out range the spellcaster classes
thats what im gonna make 1st .. obviously
elementalist is good but i personally think the mesmer is alot better . However that said i would depend on your play style . elem is more a dam dealer and mesmer has more support utility

interesting choice with the engineer cat not seen too much on them i must admit .. although i did some footage of one laying booby traps all over the place and then whiping out a mortar .. i mean dafuq . i guessing there a defensive utility proffesion ?

jav awsome find :great:

dont seem too many of so far would love to get ray and the rest of the WOW guys interested ..
oh well we go with what we have

anyone still curious about the various proffesions goto the official site and have a read . one thing though in this game there is NO holy trinity .. healer,tank,dps every class can heal and every class can dps .. although tanking is probably best left to guardians
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

hawkeye wrote:interesting choice with the engineer cat not seen too much on them i must admit .. although i did some footage of one laying booby traps all over the place and then whiping out a mortar .. i mean dafuq . i guessing there a defensive utility proffesion ?
Can be played as a defensive utility class or more buff/heal support class.

The mortar is the elite ability so ona fairly long cooldown but once it's placed, anyone can use it.
Yrrab
Cheshire

Post by Yrrab »

How easy will it be to respec your characters?
Yrrab - Elementalist
Yrrow - Ranger
Yrrwigo - Thief
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Yrrab wrote:How easy will it be to respec your characters?
Not sure about PvE, but you can have multiple specs for PvP and swap between them whenever you like when you're out of combat.