movie reviews

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

columbiana -- its a female Leon whats not to like . some of the acting but the bit part guys is erm awfull . but the main girl is great and the film is pretty cool loved it .. luk bessant film

Attack the block ... utter shit nuff said innit
come get some noobs!!!!!!
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the new cocnan movie .. Crap story and crap bad guys but they have got conan right ...so a good main character but the rest is just some week arse soules shit that just does not hold up

Fright night .. a remake of a classic tongue in cheek horror . this is actaully pretty funny david tennant hams it up as the vamp killer actor and colin farrel as the vamp hams it up like hell . a few very funny bits .. worth a watch thats for sure
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the debt .. all star cast . early mosad story . hellen mirren tom wilkinson in the presnet day part .. other known ppl in the past part .. its boring as shit i turned it off after 40 mins

contagion .. also all start cast mat daman .gwyneth paltrow .eliot gould.the black dude from CSI vegas .kate winslet . pretty good this its the humans worst nightmare . incurable highly infectious ebola virus
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Real steel ... cheesy as hell and they use every cliche in the book but i loved it .. come on its big robots beating the shit out of each other whats not to like hehe :P

Drive .. matt gosling ... seriously check this out guys one of the best movies iv seen all year outstanding in every way

tresspass .. nicolas cage nicole kidman .. not a bad thriller this at all cant tell you anything , gives too much away . more twists than a helter skelter , some you see some you dont hehe

Strike back . skys take on the call of duty type theme . the 1st series is pretty dam good . But the second series is just brilliant and you can see they threw money at it in the second series .. i highly reccommend this one . good writing good cast . its spooks with big guns :great:
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

just watched the last episode of spartacus vengance . OMFG this series is so good its crazy . great action great actors , great scripts and plots . and the way its all character driven is the key

cannot recommend all 3 of these series enough some of the best stuff i have ever seen in a tv series

and just to add some more great thoughts season 2 of the borgas started this week . JOY !!!

and next week season 2 of game of thrones starts ( does a little dance)
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

not done any movies for a while .. so here are a few

Wrath of the titans .. erm well its better than the 1st one . Just not by much as usual its the hollywood all effects half arsed story crap . However the bit with liam niesonn and ralf fines i think plays hades are pretty good the rest . Well you get the idea .. definantly wouldnt go out of my way to watch this one

Acts of valour ... real navy seals recreat past missions for the big screen . here is the thing with this the seals cant act for shit . But the action is pretty good . so its a sort of trade off .. worth a watch though

John carter .. disneys 200 million dollar flop .. worse film ever , dont even watch it out of curiosity you will just get pissed off

ghost protocol the new impossible mission film .. was looking forward to this haveing simon pegg in it .. sadly its a steaming pile of dog turds

girl with the dragon tatoo . US version .. well they did a good job with it really . in some parts they did better than the swedish version . Some parts the swedish version was better . good film really if you havent seen the original if you have still worth a watch in all fairness

Warhorse .. brilliant . speilberg on form as usual if it doesnt stir a tear in you you need help .P

the Grey . liam niesonn in the frozen wastes of alska after a plane crashes chased by a pack of wolfs .. was an interesting concept . Sadly it doesnt work for the most part its pretty shit with the odd good momont sadly there far and few between

Haywire .. its a week assed story so they jumbled it up some big names that make an apearance for a few mins at a time . pointless
but the fighting scenes are all very well done and pretty grusome
definatly worth a watch

contraband .. styleish thriller that has you on the edge of your seat
i loved it and have watched it a number of times . highly recomend this one

here is a thought to close out .. Hollywood idiots strike again , have you noticed the slew of shit starting to apear in the form of snow white and sleeping beauty ? well its gonna get worse some gimp has decided its a good idea to make all the classic kids stories and put some ridiculous twist on em .. FFS holywood hire some good writers and make some original stuff that isnt all effects and naff all story .. which is what battleship will be i bet
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

just watched .. the hunger games ... i thought this was gonna be the usual teenage crap .. erm how wrong was i this is utterly brilliant
from the begining there is a menacing undertone as your introduced to the charecters . and it continues to build till .. well it gets nasty as hell and because there all kids its pretty shocking and quite distresing for anyone who has kids

personally this one goes into my all time top 5 no over the top special effects .. just a good solid story
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Machine gun preacher .. dont let the silly name put you off its a superb film in every way ... GET KONY !!!
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the samaritan .. sammual L jacksons new film .. pretty good to be fair .. hes done a few turkeys of late but this is something of a return to form for him

Tv series sons of guns .. its a reality series about a family run custom gun shop in the states ... useually hate reality programs but this is good fun to watch .. makes a great time waster when there is nothing else on

Safe house ... denziel is brilliant as ever .. maybe slightly biased here as this actor can do no wrong in my eyes .. sorry for that hehe ..ryan renolds is erm well shit as he always is... how the hell this guy keeps getting work is beyond me .. the film itself it great its like bourn on crack .... by the end your like jesus thank god for that but not in a bad way hehe
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Snowwhite and the huntsman ... very average and thats been kind .. main problem is kirsten steward <twilight> cant fucking act !!!!
other problem is i felt while watching this id seen it all before . they sort of cobbled together the plot of snow white .. very loosly .. with the plot from willow . and a large chunk in the middle was the most boring shit iv ever seen
however charleeze theron is pretty dam good as the which queen . the guy who plays the huntsman does a nice job ans the fighting scenes were very well done ..the biggest suprise in this film is the 7 dwarfs and who plays them .. i wont say who they are for obvious reasons

worth watching i guess but i wouldnt break my neck to see it
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Promethiius ..... OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!
alot of ppl have rubbished the film .. useually americans that are too stupid to understand it ....its an old fashioned suspense thriller/horror
this film cound have dragged on in the way it did for 4 hours for all i cared .. i just loved it ... yes it has some faults .. no i didnt care .. and yes more plz hehe
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

why am i the only one posting here come on guys give your opinions on movies and tv series ....helps us all to steer clear of turkeys and points us to some good films XD

Tv series ...Suits .... its about a lawyer and his newly hired genius hussler guy ... i love this one really its entertaining as hell
good writing .. you get some smart plots . and side plots galore
some great lines and its pretty dam funny at times .. and there is the romance thing also which is really well done ... highly rate this

another TV series only on episode 2 at the mo is Newsroom ..main star is jeff daniels ... also like this one alot the cast is fresh the lines are just brilliant and ... you know what im finding it hard to put a label on this one .. i just couldnt take my eyes off it .. mesmerising is the word i guess
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Cleanskin... sean beans new film ... very very average .. this film is so out of date its a joke ...large chunks of the plot could well have been lifted from the old harry palmer movies
The action is badly done edited and cut to hell to try and make it look better which it doesnt . sean bean does his usual relectant hero acting thing that seems to be the only thing he can do
the twist you see coming half way through the film
one good thing about the film is the guy who plays the bomber .. he gives a nice performance his acting is solid . i think we may be seeing more of him in the future
i wouldnt pay to see this really wait till it comes to tv as i doubt it will be long .. 2 star film at best
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Dark Knight Rises

Post by Ghengis »

The Dark Knight Rises.
I didnt expect to enjoy this but it`s the best of the latest batch if Batman movies by a mile.
A must see.
sleepy
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

its a shame nolan isnt doing anymore of them as he has really done a fantastic job with the batman franchise ...still i look forward to see what he does next ... there is a rumour going about he has been approached for the new bladerunner film
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

I work for WB these days so can let you in on a few rumours here and there ;)

He's producing Superman next year with Zac Snyder but I presume you already know that.
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

ted .. the trailer said you must see the funniest movie of this year !! ......erm .. fuck off dude what a total pile of arse cheese
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Taken 2 .. not a patch on the 1st film .. tbh its a bit shit its just a cash maker playing on the 1st film .. avoid this crap

The expatriate .. best film iv seen since taken 1 another eurocorp classic . 10/10 this really is a must see for any fan of action thrillers

new tv series called Arrow ..only seen the pilot so far but its a bit batman ish .. billionare hero ..check ... old scary mansion ... check ...crazy butler come bodyguard ..check .. lots of twists and side plots a bit silly at times but still entertaining ...ill see were it goes after 5 or so episodes in and let you know
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

Arrow is Green Arrow from the Justice League of America. He made an appearance in the Smalville TV show.
sleepy
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

ahh ok .. i never watched smallville not my thing hehe sorry

oh here is one .. why did they make the hobbit into 2 movies ?? ..i smell holiywood cash makeing shinangins .. lucky that peter jackson is doing the movies i guess .. i know dam well we will do a good job

if they make the simarilain next that will bomb in the states big time there too stupid to understand it .P

oh btw anyone know when the new 300 movie is due for release ?
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

hawkeye wrote:
oh here is one .. why did they make the hobbit into 2 movies ?? ..i smell holiywood cash makeing shinangins .. lucky that peter jackson is doing the movies i guess .. i know dam well we will do a good job
Two movies was the original intention but in the end he made it into three :p The third film will be based around the appendices I believe.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

oliver stones ...savages not bad at all i really enjoyed this one and berincio del toro is one menacing son of a bitch in the film .. its not a classic but definatly worth checking out

book of shadows .. jonny depps comedy take on the vampire .. the odd really funny bit , That said i couldnt help thinking while watching most of the film ... iv seen all this before .. its ok but nothing special

expandables 2 ... do not watch this as a serious film .. all they do it take the piss out of themselves and each other . with some pretty nice action ..i laughed my arse off for 90% of the film ..definatly worth watching

boardwalk emipre , TV series ... ok been watching this and its definatly not badly done the acting is solid the action when it happens is fast and brutal ... but there is a big problem with this series .. there are far too many episodes were absolutly fuck all happens .. its what i call a drip drip US tv series .. this is were they do a tiny bit at the start of an episode for the main plot and a tiny bit at the end and inbetween its boring as fuck ... iv stopped watching it tbh

new TV series started .. chicago fire .. its about firemen in chicago .. i know big suprise right :o ..i actually really like this one . only 4 episodes at the mo but so far so good
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

almost forgot .. Skyfall .. holy shit !!! best bond movie ever .. and im a massive connery fan but this one is the dogs bollocks . Cant say much without spoiling it so ill just say this .. GO WATCH THIS FILM !!!!!
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

ok i stopped watching the arrow after 5 episodes , its great if your like 12 .. i found it pretty annoying tbh

THE SWEENY ..utterly and completly brilliant from the moment it starts till the end titles roll your adrenaline never stops pumping

imdb gave it a rateing of 6.1 :o wtf are those muppets smoking ?

battlestar galactica ..blood and chrome .. scify has canned the series they let them do a pilot then shut it down . which i dont get they had massive worldwide sucess with BSG 1 .. ok caprica was a flop but it floped cause it was shit no cylon wars .. the fans have been screaming for this for over 3 years now ..it would be massive ..iv seen the 1st 2 part of the pilot thats been put out on the net . the special effects have been upgraded to movie quality and its pretty brutal

god damit are you guys insane or what green light a full season already ffs
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter ... :o whoever thought this up was fucking high ...utter bollocks
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

I made the mistake of reading the Abe vampire hunter book about a year ago, I wont bother with the film.
sleepy
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

just watched ARGO ... this film is brilliant ..a true movie gem .. is ben afflecks first outing as a director .while i tend to think his acting it shit 90% of the time he is great in this .. but his directing is utterly brilliant
for me this is a must see for spy movie fans
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Loopers ....loved this film its original ,well done and keeps you interested every second ...a must see
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Dredd 3d ......Karl urbans version of judge dredd is pretty spot on tbh ... sly stalones always was awfull
the film is pretty good tbh nothing ground breaking not awsome

but its definatly worth a watch ..and its a lot better than the hollywood version which was total shit
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

walk the line ... early life of jonny cash .... utterly outstanding film
as life stories go this is one of the best iv ever seen . that may be down to the 2 main starts reese witherspoon and Joaquim pheonix
but for a 2 hour 15 min film i wasnt bored once
a must see in my book