Help me choose a class!!

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Village Idiot
Oatcake

Help me choose a class!!

Post by Village Idiot »

Well hello to you all, as some of you may know i recently joined albion and the guild, and i have been looking for a class that i would enjoy playing.

I have so far tryed Friar, Paladin, Minstral and Theurgist. I sort-of liked the Friar, but he died to much and missed to much, so, i am wondering what you think i might like. Mercinary sound cool, not sure how to spec etc though, anywho, if you have any ideas please tell me :D.
Hinty
Leerdammer

Post by Hinty »

i sugest trying the friar again. but remember to spec high in staff and have as high a dex as posible as dex modifies the to hit and damage of staff's.

friars are iritaiting at the start but after a while they turn into a great class to play.

other classes i recomend are Ice Wizzards, Theurgests (just don't spec pure earth as its a bit of a one trick horse ;)), Scouts (if you have patiance and a high level main to fund the ammo.) Minstrell, and for a bit of pure bashing an armsman.

admitedly i have covered almost ever class there but i hope i been helpfull :)
Vorcyn
Double Gloucester

Post by Vorcyn »

I sort-of liked the Friar, but he died to much and missed to much
A class is only as good as the person that plays it...

If it misses too much increase the stat which effects how much you miss

If you die too much, stop trying to do harder enemies than you can at such a low level

etc
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

no stat effects how much you miss

its the +to hit on the style, your opponents level, armour factor and most importantly the %bonus on the weapon
Village Idiot
Oatcake

Post by Village Idiot »

Ummm, i did like you said, and gave the Friar another go. He owns :)
Second
Double Gloucester

Post by Second »

[quote="Hinty"]
Theurgests (just don't spec pure earth as its a bit of a one trick horse ;)), .
[quote]

i found lvling my pure earth theurg to be easy as drinking milk!

from lvl 5-26 you can kill everything from gray to red with ease.
from lvl 26---> you get a grp by just entering a zone(like lyon and stuff)

I was doing trees when everyone was assing around at pygs at lvl 36=)

and if you want to go ice or air later then just respec at lvl 40 =)
Hinty
Leerdammer

Post by Hinty »

oh don't get me wrong im not saying they are crap. they are verry efective. its just that specing in ice or air seems to give more of a variety of spells and gameplay to pure earth. all down to your own patiance and perserverance really.
Second
Double Gloucester

Post by Second »

well if u want to lvl fast then earth theurg is the way to go=)
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

my earth theurgist is level 32 with 2 1/2 days played lol

nuff said :D

not sure if i'll go all the way to 45earth, but might well do, being hard to kill is FUN!!

i'm gonna get siege bolt too!!! ah gimped but DAMN useful in a keep take
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Jiggs wrote: i'm gonna get siege bolt too!!! ah gimped but DAMN useful in a keep take
If there are no tanks attacking the door of course...

once they fix that it'll be nice in keep takes :)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Larik
Blue Castello

Post by Larik »

I've seen siege bolt work fine with tanks on a door but that was only with 1fg taking a keep - it was to say the least invaluable then, our tanks were hiting for up to 50 odd dmg, and the siege bolt did 1600+ dmg. :)
I've been air specced all the way through, and I love the nukes, even the aoe mezz works pretty well. I've never been asked by a group if im all earth spec before being asked to join, or been booted from a group from NOT having better than a 10 second pbt.
Having said that, I have to say I agree fully with Second, that it's probably better to get to lvl40 with full earth then respec to air (or ice). I got 26 in earth first then put points into air - the air nukes were pretty useless until (i can't remember when exactly) around level 37/38. So, if I did it again I'd probably go 'all earth' till then and respec.
Then again, I'm really happy now with air spec, I think it has a good range of spells, you get pbt, an aoe mezz, and the next best DD line after wizards (i think), along with debuff, buffs (uber haste buffs!), and some points in ice at the end for an aoe root. :P
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

i just cant bring myself to spec air, its seems such a half baked spec line i mean you get a mezz which you can't use unless you right on top of your enemy, a bugged pet and a kickass DD and....

earth/ice gives you ok DD, 6 or 8 sec pbt, good haste debuff, massive 1minute aoe root, snare DD and ice pets (the best ones for RvR as far as i am concerned) also i heard that there will probably be a gtaoe in ice spec to bring theurgist up to bar on keep fights.

i am looking to spec my theurg so he will be usefull for taking keeps, i'm not really interested to run around emain with him (in which case i would go with the 26earth 45air spec)

ps why are we talking about theurgist :) ?
Second
Double Gloucester

Post by Second »

because i rock=)