Catacombs

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Having Fun

Yes
61%
No
6%
Don't have it yet
9%
Don't want it
6%
I've given up DAOC to spend time looking after sick animals. I gave a mildly stunned badger the kiss of life last week.
18%

Total votes: 33

Byronis
Roquefort

Catacombs

Post by Byronis »

Well it's been out for a week
Mal

XB/PSN/Steam/Twitter: merseymal
Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I like it - finally some new decent PvE content that is actually doable solo or in duo.
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

I feel the same way.

It's a been a pleasure so far doing the quests that have got my heretic to level 22 so far - some of them are rather funny too :)

It's just a pity that the taskmaster quests aren't caster-friendly until the 1.74 update.

Visited the Underground Forest last weekend with my reaver and met some friendly people.

also went into Lost Wing (Barrows instanced dungeon) with a couple of friends and it was rather fun - pity I had to leave to go to bed before we had completed it.
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

wish some more people would get to the normal catacombs zones, the underground forest obelisk or the inconnu crypt obelisk should be a perfect place for forming groups (like AC entrance or whatever) but it needs critical mass first.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Terris wrote:I feel the same way.

It's a been a pleasure so far doing the quests that have got my heretic to level 22 so far - some of them are rather funny too :)
Funniest one was a level 7 quest in Aquaducts where you had to kill mobs with a funny hat on - hilarious kill spam from the mobs :D.
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Fingoniel wrote:wish some more people would get to the normal catacombs zones, the underground forest obelisk or the inconnu crypt obelisk should be a perfect place for forming groups (like AC entrance or whatever) but it needs critical mass first.
Same here, once people know where these places are (or even know that they exist) hopefully we'll see more people there. Be nice to have somewhere else to xp - rather than spending the best part of the last 40 levels killing the same mobs over and over again in AC :D

I didn't know there was an obelisk in the UF I just used the Glashtin Forge one to port back - is the UF one a 2-way then?
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I do want to add that in my opinion, the Cotswold starter quests have several flaws in them. A missed chance - WoW does a much better job in taking new players by the hand and guiding them around.

Loonatik
Oatcake

Post by Loonatik »

Lorthania wrote:I do want to add that in my opinion, the Cotswold starter quests have several flaws in them. A missed chance - WoW does a much better job in taking new players by the hand and guiding them around.
Not sure about the details, but the starter quests have been revamped in patch 1.75D. Here's a quote from the patch notes:

Quests – Albion

- The beginner quests starting with Master Frederick have been revamped. There are some optional guides to interface and game mechanics added to the early stages of these quests. There is also an extra quest called Battlegrounds which will give players some information on RvR. This quest will cover PvE or PvP on Gaheris or Mordred.
McBeast - 50 Paladin ML10 BM
Twizted - 50 Necro
Loonatik - 50 Reaver ML8 BL
Kreizee - 50 BB ML5
Acoac - 50 Necro
Patcha - 50 BB
¤ The Ministry ¤
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Lorthania wrote:I do want to add that in my opinion, the Cotswold starter quests have several flaws in them. A missed chance - WoW does a much better job in taking new players by the hand and guiding them around.
Well there's certainly a flaw in those quests for heretics. Master Frederick sticks on certain quests when about to give you your reward (even saying the keyword(s) doesn't trigger them). This doesn't get fixed til 1.74 (iirc). Fortunately there are plenty of fun quests to do in the 'ducts :)
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I hope they fix the bug in the starter quest which sends you to the Proving Grounds. If you don't talk to Visur yourself to port to the bg (i.e. someone else clicks on him when you are on the pad), the quest journal doesn't continue to the next step - I don't want to be the /confused newbie who stumbles on this one :-)

lenda
Mozarella

Post by lenda »

Don't have it yet and not in a hurry to start playing atm.
WoW : Eivie, Vevy, Yuuki, Yenas, ....
Wrath of the Lich King, the expansion that killed challenge.
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Terris wrote: I didn't know there was an obelisk in the UF I just used the Glashtin Forge one to port back - is the UF one a 2-way then?
yepyep :)
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Guess Terris will be hiking back there this evening after Enterprise then :)
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Fingotic guide to the catacombs zones:

(from FH)
http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=55000
Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Good guide.

Came across your post in FH when I should have been working ;)
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Will finally get new PC all built in next couple of days and catas will be first thing on!

Should be UBAH!!!

Derv

Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Lucky sod. Still saving up for my new PC. Hoping to get it by the end of the year.
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Lucky now yes but I've been saving up a LONG time believe me. I have SO earned this... :D

Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

Pah, you'll hardly have time to play on it anyway with your RL commitments. You may as well ship it to me once it's built :P
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

OK then. Need to cover posting though - about £1500 should do it.

Byronis
Roquefort

Post by Byronis »

:o On second thoughts I'll collect it from you in person :evil:
Mal

Currently in ESO & LOTRO