from mmorpg.com

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Ghengis
Danish Blue

from mmorpg.com

Post by Ghengis »

Over the last few weeks, many sources have reported on a rumored deal that would have seen industry giant Electronic Arts purchase Mythic Entertainment.

"We have no deal with EA," said Mark Jacobs, the CEO of Mythic Entertainment emphatically. "We are currently not talking to EA."

His declaration ends weeks of speculation about the future of the Fairfax, Virginia based developers of Dark Age of Camelot and the upcoming Warhammer Online.

Jacobs admitted the two companies had held conversations both recently and in the past, but he made clear that there is no deal planned or in the works with Electronic Arts or any other company.

During a recent meeting, Jacobs admitted that he has received countless lucrative offers to purchase the company he co-founded. While some would have made him exceedingly wealthy, he has a very definite idea of what he needs to make it work.

"I will not now, not ever do a deal that puts the people at Mythic who made this company great at risk," he said, before adding that this concern is not what killed any potential EA deal.

first i had heard about this, its the sort of thing i would have expected to see on FH.
sleepy
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

was it posted april 1st? :)
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard