Patch Day

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

They 'say' its wednesday :smile:
hope it all goes smoothly, see all you online about 930PM :smile: hmm now to decide what to spend those extra 1000s of spec points on :smile:
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

Boo just realised that darkness falls is not until 1.50 (or is it 1.49??) oh well....why the hell don't they just update the Uk servers a few weeks after the US ones?? grr personally I blame the germans :smile:
Second
Double Gloucester

Post by Second »

as the admin said when i asked: it wont take as much time as the last patch=) not even half the time. so we'll have to see
Second Character Theurgist LVL50
Magus Prime of The Humberton Guard

Forth Character Scout lvl 50
Blind bugger

Galendawen McGal Armsman LVL 50
toiletwasher of The Humberton Guard

Lurkipie Cutiepie Ranger LVL 41
Yeah baby! yeah!
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

people are posting that 1.49 is a _huge_ patch and that it'll take forever to translate...

I don't buy that though - it's got lots in it ... but it's all monsters :smile: just some names to translate...

not sure if there's any quests in there or not...
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

unoffically they say its 3 more weeks after this one to the next patch! But they aren't going to stick their necks on the line with a date yet. I think they are realising that they have to up the pace abit, just look at the negative press in the forums. Personally I'll see out my 6 months, dunno after that all depends on the customer service!
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Mythic seem to be taking their time a bit more with patches now..

I heard some rumour that to translate a patch, GOA have to translate the entire game again...

I hope that's been changed... but I imagine a patch from A->B when you translate A and you now need the translated A->translated B is a right bitch to do... *shudders* unless Mythic has organised it so only a few files have the language stuff in it
(which I doubt sincerely... they just bashed the game out - doubt they built in multilanguage support from the start)

Wouldn't wanna do that job :smile: But they seem to be getting the hang of things now.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

Last night was fun! After extracting ourselves from the barrows myself and Thedaddy headed for Caledonia for our first taste of some realm v realm action. Along the way to castle sauvage we assembled a motley crew of wizards, armsmen and friars to combat the Mids and Hibs we were expecting to face.

Blimey its was chaos for the first 1/2 hour until I figured out that charging trolls is not too clever :eek:

The high point was when I found myself alone at one stage and face to face with a orange hib on 1/2 health! I gave him a short trip home courtesey of my whirling defender :smile:

The low point was a Hib stealthed class sneaking up on me while I was recovering from rez sickness and hitting for 650 damage in its first stike!! All I had time to do was shout: 'stealther on me' before I died. Thankfully thedaddy duely gutted the wretched creature over my corpse.

Finally I would like to know what the heck are those Hib casters that hit you with a big black orb, damn thing takes 1/2 my health :sad:
Taryn
Oatcake

Post by Taryn »

Eldritch specced in void magic I think, huge range and massive damage, I have a baby one lol :smile:
Was fun as my friar there last night, in the battle grounds, will have to level cleric a bit and try low grounds.
Cant get used to everything not being purple!
Yellow and orange Mids and hibs is.... srange....... :smile:
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

You know those big balls of flaming magma that Ererim (and more often Pog) lob around?
That's the Hibernian version you got hit by.
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

next patch in early august apparently, um so maybe they are trying.
Second
Double Gloucester

Post by Second »

this week they said:)
Second Character Theurgist LVL50
Magus Prime of The Humberton Guard

Forth Character Scout lvl 50
Blind bugger

Galendawen McGal Armsman LVL 50
toiletwasher of The Humberton Guard

Lurkipie Cutiepie Ranger LVL 41
Yeah baby! yeah!