Are you Kent based forum members ok?

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Are you Kent based forum members ok?

Post by Legaethiel »

I heard the there was an Earth Tremor affecting the Folkstone area, on this morning's news. I am not sure if it is just centred around that area or if it wider. If there are just premises with structural damage, power losses or if people are actually injured. My sister lives in Orpington, which is some way away from Folkstone, and I think her and her family are ok.

Anyway, information is a bit patchy at the moment, so I just really want to know if people who live around that area are ok.

Legae
DAoC Europe- retired

DAoC US Classic: Fatalvixen thid infil; Danelell 50 sorc; Dwywyth 50 servant necro; and others in Albionspride

LoTRs - Kalewyr: Hobbit Guardian level 10
Collegien
Cheshire

Post by Collegien »

I live quite close to Orpington too and noticed nothing here. I have quite a few guildies that live down in that area and tried to msn them but tbh if they are awake at this time it means they prolly didnt sleep yet :P
My wife works for Eurostar and they have seen no need to disrupt services. So seems from initial reports that its a fairly minor incident.
Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Post by Legaethiel »

4.3 to 4.7 on the Richter scale is mathematically 4 times the power of the London Bombings, on 7/7. Obviously, the bombs were in an enclosed area to cause maximise destruction....It could have potentially been quite bad. It sounds to me like it is just power cuts and structural damage, with only one reported injury which is reassuring but sad for the lady injured. The initial reports sounded worse than the actual incident.

I just wouldn't like to face the bill for the structual damage to the properties - I don't think Insurance would cover the damage cause. Earth quake insurance isn't offered as a rule, on UK properties :(
DAoC Europe- retired

DAoC US Classic: Fatalvixen thid infil; Danelell 50 sorc; Dwywyth 50 servant necro; and others in Albionspride

Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Dude they live in Kent not on the San Andreas fault line.......

For those who care : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6602677.stm
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Legaethiel wrote:4.3 to 4.7 on the Richter scale is mathematically 4 times the power of the London Bombings, on 7/7.
Eh? Bombings generally are not measured on a richter scale?
Littlerose
Cornish Yarg

Post by Littlerose »

I live in Petts Wood just by Orpington and this is the first I've heard of it. Looks like it was very minor though so everything okay :D
Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

Bombings and earthquakes?

errr lol?
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Post by Legaethiel »

Evzy wrote:Dude they live in Kent not on the San Andreas fault line.......

For those who care : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6602677.stm
Ta thanks for the support on this thread
DAoC Europe- retired

Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Post by Legaethiel »

Rayzor wrote:Bombings and earthquakes?

errr lol?
Err thanks too, I know the people I can trust now clearly not you or him. My sister lives in Kent and erm I have friends there too. So if I had concerns about my friends in the alliance, and at the time I posted this I didn't know if they were affected by it. So flame me if you like - but I was a little concerned.

I can't contact people like Rose, in any other way, only than on the forum. And its good to see you can have a laugh about it....

I don't really want to see a friend face a bill for several thousand pounds to repairs to their house, hence my concerns. I am glad you both had a good laugh at my expense - hopefully you won't do it again.
DAoC Europe- retired

Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Post by Legaethiel »

Evzy wrote:
Legaethiel wrote:4.3 to 4.7 on the Richter scale is mathematically 4 times the power of the London Bombings, on 7/7.
Eh? Bombings generally are not measured on a richter scale?
I have 2 As in A level Maths - why are you being so condescending?

The forces are comparable but if you want to be technical....

I was a little worried is my sisters house caved in - which would have cost alot to repair.

I give up...you show concern for people and you get flamed for it. Bye all
DAoC Europe- retired

Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

I don't want anyone hurt, injured or even upset. I just didn't see the link between terrorist actions and natural phenomenons. Nor did I know or think that explosions were measured on the same scale as earthquakes.

Ofc its right for you to check on your friends, what normal, caring human being wouldn't.

I'd list my qualifications (nor what my family do for a living) here but a) I cba, b) no one cares, c) I could be lieing, and d) it adds no gravity to what I write.

I'll speak my mind and say that what I have seen you post here and on Freddyshouse makes me think you are strange.
Its clear that we don't see eye to eye so I'll stay clear of your threads in the future.

I won't turn these boards into a shitty, pointless flame fest that is FH.

Ray.
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

I have to back Ray up on this - dude you post on here asking if people are ok when you could have gone to any one of a million media outlets that already confirmed no-one was hurt - anyone with 2 a levels should know that?

Calm down, take a chill pill and relax on the forums dude....aint no thing but a chicken wing as my old sensei used to say*

*This may or may not be true.
Legaethiel
Cornish Yarg

Post by Legaethiel »

I am having an operation soon in hospital, I am in considerable pain at the moment in real life. I am not making excuses, but I am sensitive and highly strung at the moment. I have a benine tumour in the small of back, which is incredibly uncomfortable. It is on a nerve, so is excruciating. So please consider this, before forming an opinion.

I need a break from gaming, because I started playing DAoC around the time my mum died on 22nd June, last year. I threw myself into it, because it was a way of coping.

I will not post any more threads or take offence to any postings in the interim. The problem is you have not seen or interacted with me at a good time. I could not understand your postings because my first language is German - so I need to translate and consider the English postings. I am not really taking offence - I just don't understand. I came to England when I was 9, and still misunderstand written text. I don't mean to cause any offence, but I think we have started off on a bad footing. I will do what I can to change this - but please give me a chance when I am stress free and have had my operation.

If you can forget and move on, and in a few weeks catch me at a better moment, then you'll not get these kind of replies. I was concerned about the repair costs, because with 73 houses labelled unsafe, it is tens of thousands.
DAoC Europe- retired

Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

How on earth did this thread get here? :o

I'm guessing I know who this thread was originally aimed at and added to family connections in the area I can see why.

We don't need to get all personal do we guys? :( My philosophy has always been if you can't add something then do nothing rather than risk taking away...

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, earthquakes aren't actually that rare in this country. The earth regularly moves in my house. /stud :help:

bisquit
Spamateur
Spamateur

Post by bisquit »

aaaaaaaaanyway
i live in herne and i did not feel anything of the tremor, herne/ herne bay is on the south coast, about 25 miles from folkstone i'd say.
my sister and alot of friends live in canterbury but they felt it.
My friend lives in Deal and he said it felt like a truck had driven through his front window lol
C.Wyllie
Bsc (hons) Biochemistry
Research Associate
Safety officer
Zi Medical
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Dervish wrote: Aaaaaaaaaanyway, earthquakes aren't actually that rare in this country. The earth regularly moves in my house. /stud :help:
that made me rofl :)

Though it does mean I will have to inform the government as they may want to drop you into Afghanistan to shake up those Tora Bora caves again.....