back

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Ghengis
Danish Blue

back

Post by Ghengis »

back from hols, had a great time but while we were away our boiler was being replaced and bathroom pipes burst.
i now need another holiday to recover from all the work we have had to do to get the house back in order :(
sleepy
Dervish
Danish Blue

Re: back

Post by Dervish »

Ghengis wrote:back from hols, had a great time but while we were away our boiler was being replaced and bathroom pipes burst.
i now need another holiday to recover from all the work we have had to do to get the house back in order :(
If you don't mind me asking how are the 2 incidents linked? Replacing a boiler shouldn't cause pipes in the bathroom to burst. Unless the heating manifold is located under the bathroom floorboards (often is for free heating to the bathroom but more often in or near an airing cupboard) and they physically broke it somehow remaking a connection to it from new boiler.

Bad luck in any case mate - plumbing woes are the worst woes. Is it all insured - was it the boiler fitters fault etc?

Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

i am still trying to get to the bottom of the burst pipe incident, my stepson swears that the hot water pipe just randomly started spewing water everywhere just after the new boiler was installed.
the british gas engineers are swearing it was nothing they did that caused it and the stepson swears he had nowt to do with it.
either way i am out of pocket £150 for the pipe repairs and a new carpet in the bathroom :(
sleepy
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

If the pipes are related - i.e the new boiler sends teh water through those pipes it might just be that if the pressure was turned off and on again it just blew a joint or something - happened to me once when I found a small leak on a pipe - turned water off, fixed it, turned water back on and a joint gave way and exploded as well then - then I called teh plumbers :(

(hope that makes sense)
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3