Ding level 0

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

lenda wrote:Another word came to mind ..................
Hungry?
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
Xintyl
Wensleydale

Post by Xintyl »

Poor Gill :( I wish her a speedy recovery! Thankfully the condition babies come out in improves dramatically in the first five minutes of life, even so I'm glad the little'un recovered quickly :) At least they told you what was going on though, they never even told us Rose had been born!

If Gill has any problems with breastfeeding, Seree is our own official bf counsellor! I have 9 months of experience myself too. Any other questions please ask, there's plenty of us on here who can help!

/nappy mode on
I'm the nappy know all. Have you scouted out your council to see if they do any incentives for real nappies? Some councils do cashback, others do trial packs. If it's a trial pack I'd highly recommend getting it. Even if you decide it's not for you they have a good resale value! Real nappies will save you at least a grand in the long run. That's enough to buy a whole new PC! And they're nowhere near as much hassle as they were when we were kids, even Fraser and Bill are happy using them!
/nappy mode off :help:
ImageImageImageImage
lenda
Mozarella

Post by lenda »

Gribz0r wrote:
lenda wrote:Another word came to mind ..................
Hungry?
So true .....

Time for Spaghetti-Fest at Pé's ? :)
WoW : Eivie, Vevy, Yuuki, Yenas, ....
Wrath of the Lich King, the expansion that killed challenge.
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Will mention the nappy thing to Gill - we just bought some Pampers for ease of use to start with but once we get settled will probably look at some other options to be fair - eco ones etc I like the sound of..

Righto off to decorate the nursery now with pink wallpaper with daisys on.......never did I think I would see the day!!!
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Larik
Blue Castello

Post by Larik »

Have fun with the pink wallpaper, & belated grats! :D
Xintyl
Wensleydale

Post by Xintyl »

Oh aye, definitely need to recover and get into the swing of things! Rose was also in pampers micros for a couple of months iirc. I'm impressed you're decorating already, we didn't get Rose's room done til she was 11 months old lol!
ImageImageImageImage
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

I'll happily help out with any questions too, if you ever need a man to talk to :o . Don't hesitate to do so - a first-time parent can't be expected to know everything and there are no stupid questions!
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

congrats evz! :pint:
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

<smug>I did the nursery in neutral colours 6 months before number 1 was born....</smug>

Best advice I can give about 1st time fatherhood is work your nuts off looking after Gill to allow her to be be the best mum she can be. Make sure she has everything she needs spiritually and materially (yes in that order) and be ready to pick up the slack whenever needed.

You have teh power ubahtank and we can all tell from the look on your face in that piccie that you are already a great dad....

Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Xintyl wrote: /nappy mode on
I'm the nappy know all. Have you scouted out your council to see if they do any incentives for real nappies? Some councils do cashback, others do trial packs.
Hmm, I don't think Belgian councils stimulate the use of real nappies. We got loads of info from all kinds of sources, but nothing about re-usable nappies! Even Family & Child Care didn't hint about it, so we just took advantage of the free boxes of diapers :-).

That being said, some councils provide special bags to put the diapers in and they are collected separately, which means they are also disposed of in an ecological way. Our council doesn't do this, but the neighbouring one does, so we happily unload our diapers on them :P

We always go and buy the diapers in Germany, they can be up to 30% cheaper there - along with everything else: we always come back loaded with diapers, fruit purees and boxes of formula :-)
Writing a virus for a Mac is like invading Greenland. You could but why the hell would you want to?

WoW: Lorthania - 85 BM/SV Hunter | Jalfrezia - 85 Frost Mage | Ciderbelly - 85 Warrior | Tarrmahk - Tauren DK in progress.
Erren
Cheshire

Post by Erren »

Xintyl wrote:Poor Gill :( I wish her a speedy recovery! Thankfully the condition babies come out in improves dramatically in the first five minutes of life, even so I'm glad the little'un recovered quickly :) At least they told you what was going on though, they never even told us Rose had been born!

If Gill has any problems with breastfeeding, Seree is our own official bf counsellor! I have 9 months of experience myself too. Any other questions please ask, there's plenty of us on here who can help!

/nappy mode on
I'm the nappy know all. Have you scouted out your council to see if they do any incentives for real nappies? Some councils do cashback, others do trial packs. If it's a trial pack I'd highly recommend getting it. Even if you decide it's not for you they have a good resale value! Real nappies will save you at least a grand in the long run. That's enough to buy a whole new PC! And they're nowhere near as much hassle as they were when we were kids, even Fraser and Bill are happy using them!
Huge Gratz and yip as Zoe said i am a qualified breast feeding peer support worker and i am awaiting training to be a breast feeding counsellor so any help support or advice needed by mummy or daddy pls fee free to pm me :)
Hugs to the stunning little isabella
love seree and thomas
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w179 ... dfedup.jpg
Erren lvl 50 cleric
Errie lvl 50 necro
Mousie lvl 50 mincer
Seree lvl 50 heretic
Granie lvl 50 fire wizz
Atomic Kitten leveling scout
Image Image Image
Jocelynn
Cheshire

Post by Jocelynn »

A bit late but- congratulations! She looks beautiful! :)
Aadia
Cheshire

Post by Aadia »

Am i missing the picture somewhere because the 1st one doesn't work?
DAOC: Retired

LOTRO: Ariel, Aadia, Allie
Dervish
Danish Blue

Post by Dervish »

Aadia wrote:Am i missing the picture somewhere because the 1st one doesn't work?
Here is the link:
http://www.roguishness.com/daoc/img/evz ... abella.jpg

Fing posted it on the previous page.

Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

i'm the one in the hat btw.
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Aadia
Cheshire

Post by Aadia »

That's better !!!!! :)

how sweet do they look when they sleep... it's when they open their lungs it becomes a different matter :o
DAOC: Retired

LOTRO: Ariel, Aadia, Allie
Lorthania
Mozarella

Post by Lorthania »

Aadia wrote:That's better !!!!! :)

how sweet do they look when they sleep... it's when they open their lungs it becomes a different matter :o
Hmm, I'd personally vote for the 'whinging sob' as the most obnoxious way of communication :moo: . Jasper gave a nice display of that this morning when we told him to leave the plates and glasses alone :wink:

lenda
Mozarella

Post by lenda »

Lorthania wrote:Jasper gave a nice display of that this morning when we told him to leave the plates and glasses alone :wink:
He was juggling again ? o)
WoW : Eivie, Vevy, Yuuki, Yenas, ....
Wrath of the Lich King, the expansion that killed challenge.