Mobo Memory question

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Mobo Memory question

Post by Evzy »

Before I end up ordering the wrong memory - can anyone please tell me if 2gb memory sticks are compatible with the Asus A8n Sli mobo - been reading tech forums and it all turns to blah blah blah...

Want to just stick 1 2gb stick in - got a horrible feeling the second memory slot has blown / that or the memory stick but that actually seems ok.. so just want to slap 1 2gb in if I cant wedge 2x1gb in..

And if I can wedge 2gb sticks in - anyone recommend one?

Cheers techie ears!!
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3
Bobiskey
Stilton

Post by Bobiskey »

A8n sli(all models) is 1gig slots x4 = 4 gig max.

Taking 184 pin ddr 400/3200 (will take slower, but i don't think you want slower ram.)

Board was tested on KINGSTON, CORSAIR and SAMSUNG(Transcend) 1 gig sticks and many more, Check out the Qualified Vendors List at Asus for more detailed list of vendors.
.: Give PG Tips title :.
Bob <Fates>
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Bobiskey wrote:A8n sli(all models) is 1gig slots x4 = 4 gig max.

Taking 184 pin ddr 400/3200 (will take slower, but i don't think you want slower ram.)

Board was tested on KINGSTON, CORSAIR and SAMSUNG(Transcend) 1 gig sticks and many more, Check out the Qualified Vendors List at Asus for more detailed list of vendors.
Yup, what Bob says.

Get a pair of 1gb sticks and put them into the slots with matching colours, so both in blue or both in black.

Unfortunately, although DDR RAM is slower it'll still cost just as much (or maybe even more) than the DDR2 RAM that newer mobos support.

You'll be looking at around £40 for a pair of 1gb sticks, like these:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Qu ... 4294959239
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Qu ... 4294959239
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Evzy
Spambulance
Spambulance

Post by Evzy »

Meh thats what I feared...just hope its the memory and not the second slot thats carked it then !

Thanks for the advice - will bring me one step closer to having a PC I can play games on again!!
Currently appearing as SirEvzy - Spammer Spec in Black Ops on PS3