movie reviews

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Humingbird jasaon stathams new film ...this film its absolute class ..definetly the best film statham has made ..at no point was i bored the whole film is absolutly mesmerizing ... great thriller

a good day to die hard ...this is without a doubt in my mind one of the worst film i have ever seen ..the entire thing is complete bollocks and tbh a cash grab film .. plot WTF ...acting ...pass ...script ...is this a fucking joke ....the jokes in the film .. passes the writer his coat
steer well clear of this huge pile of pap

zero dark thirty the hollywood take on how they got usoma bin laden ...ok here is the thing its not a bad film ..its just i saw another one that was made for TV and it blows this one to bits ...not worth a trip to the cinema thats for sure ...

olympus has fallen ....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah they blew up the whitehouse aaahahahahahahahaha ...its another blow shit up dont bother acting use a paper thin plot ..and churn it out pile of shit
come get some noobs!!!!!!
Twigbob
Danish Blue

Post by Twigbob »

Cloud atlas - fantastic movie!

That is all.
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

man of steel ... oh hell yeah ..more please
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Ray donavan its a new tv series from showtime ...i have to say this is superb..the writing is 1st class .the program has more twists and turns to the main plot than a french kings garden maze ...its basically about a fixer in hollywood ,,but there is a very dark undertone to the whole thing .at times its very martin scorsesi . i highly recommend this one

broken city ..mrk wahlberg and russel crowe ..i turned this one off after 30 mins ..the film itself is badly directored ..and the story has been edited in a way that annoyed the fuck out of me ..but in the end the film just didnt do anything to engage me or make me want to keep watching ..id steer well clear of this one

hansel and gretel .../facepalm oh boy ..actually no thats unfair and most of the critics that panned the shit out of this one obviously didnt get the joke here .....unlike crap such as snow white and the huntsman this film doesnt take its self too seriously its all done tongue in cheek ..sort of van helsing style ..ok its not that great a film but if you want a bit of a laugh just leave your brain at home and go have a giggle at this
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Iron man 3 .... ok iron man 1 was a pretty good film and 2 was probably one of the worst films ever made so i didnt have much hope for this one .. and tbh for the 1st 45 mins its exstreamly boring and very very anoying ..so much so i was about to turn it off ..once he meets the kid thats when the film take a huge turn for the better

guy pearce is great as the bad guy ..that said however i would say this is more than a slightly above average film .. worth a watch if you have nothing else

Oblivion ...ok i watched this film and thought it would be average at the best .. but i have to say i absolutly loved it ..from the start till the closeing credits i never took my eyes off the screen ..why ? well as you probably know im not a fan of lets blow shit up and not worry about a story movies .. i like them to have a good story ..and if you watch this the story is superb ..id say this is something of a must see
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

The Wolverine - one to avoid at all costs, terrible.

YOu'll guess the twist 5 minutes into the film, the romance is laughable and there's a metal robot in the film. 'nuf said.
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

Sara wrote:The Wolverine - one to avoid at all costs, terrible.

YOu'll guess the twist 5 minutes into the film, the romance is laughable and there's a metal robot in the film. 'nuf said.
not to mention the fact that once again a Marvel film has gone way off track from a classic comic book storyline :(
sleepy
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

Problem with both Wolverine and Spider-man (beyond the obvious) is that FOX/Sony, to keep the rights out of Disney's hands are contracted by Marvel to make at least 1 film every two years.

If they don't Disney mop up the last remaining Marvel properties to which they don't hold the rights.

This results in quick fire dross being churned out to keep the rights and therefore the revenue from these films.
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

roll on kick ass 2 .. witch is set to give them all a huge kick up the arse yet again
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

report are that the lone ranger is set to loose disney 190 mill ..yep its a massive pile of poo ...john cater anyone and prince of persia didnt do too well either ...why dont disney understand that there tired old forumla for movies will not work anymore

on a better note Elysium is superb ..good story and a good cast the special effects are not over the top ..i loved it ,highly reccommend
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Low winter sun .. its a tv series done by amc the same channel that made breaking bad ... it stars Mark strong ..dirty cops ,drug dealing loonies .. and internal affairs sniffing everyones arse .. this is pretty top class stuff ...writing is some of the best iv ever seen ..the acting is mostly dam good but strong is outstanding...iv only seen 2 episodes so far but if it continues as it is this is shaping up to be the best cop series every made
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

now you see me ..holy shit ,this film is pure movie gold ..a must see for anyone ..cause ppl are gona be talking about it alot .everything about this movie is 1st rate in every possible way .. 1 tip though do not miss even 1 min of the film while your watching or you will miss something ..and the reveal is a pure FUCK ME !!! moment of epic proportions ..... no fucking way you get it till they do the reveal
you will know what i mean when it happens as im not gonna tell you anyting about the plot ect .. just watch it
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

anyone stuck for something o watch and has access to netflix ...try Fringe great series ..conspiriasy theorist wet dream .. fringe science ..as in time travel ,killing ppl with your mind ect ect ..mad scientist who is mad and funny as fuck ..and an FBI unit called fringe division .. im half way into series 2 of 4 season available and i fucking love it
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

kick ass 2 ..... <blank stare > WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........was this written by a fucking 12 year old .. holy shit .. the swearing has been nerfed hard so has the violence and the comedy genius of use of music ect from the 1st one is no were to be seen ... holy shit who made this pile of donkey shit !!! ......cash grab film thats an epic fail
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

World war z ... ok this is one of the most chilling films i have ever seen ..the end is shit but its still a great film ..and it has without a doubt the scariest fucking zombies ever seen ...do not watch this with small children .. they will have nightmares for years hehe

Jobs .. the life story of steve jobs .....erm its not a bad film tbh it gets all the main things in but ends too soon ..its not mind blowing ,but if you wanna know what went on at apple ect its worth a watch

despicable me 2 ... rofl i thought this would be shit compared to the 1st one as most animated sequels are .. but no the minions will once again have you wetting yourself laughing ..both adults and kids ...awsome comedy for the whole family
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

the blacklist ..new tv series ..well only the pilot is out at the moment but this is a tv show on a whole other level to the usual shit from mainstrean us tv networks ..no drip drip main plot .. thats good ...good actors in all the main roles .. also good ..pretty well written plots and script ...great ,keeps you on your toes and thinking the whole time .. awsome .....i really hope to hell this stay as good after it was commisioned for a full series .so many start with a good pilot then as soon as the series starts it ends up been utter shit .. <fingers crossed on this one >
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

Sadly it's because the pilot is usually unhindered by things like producers and TV channels dictating what their 'audience' would like.

Often with such things the series is aged down so it becomes 'broader' for the channel that has purchased the rights.

Classic example is The Following, pilot was harrowing and violent, the series post pilot got more and more dumbed dpwn.
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

yeah i totally agree ...but the good news is that so far episode 3 now the blacklist is outstanding ..and for a network show and not a cable channel sych as HBO its pretty mind blowing just how good it is

frozen ground ...nicolas cage and john cussack ... untterly absorbing and tense thriller ..didnt bore me once .cussack as the bad guy is chilling ..highly recommend
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

tommorrow people ..its a remade tv series of an old 80,s one ....this has been made for teenagers . so tbh its totally dumbed down to hell and quite honestly its complete shit

the remade ironside ...also pretty shit ..

here is an idea how about makeing a tv series that actually original
Sara
Danish Blue

Post by Sara »

Something good with Nicolas Cage?!
BF3 - Recon/Assault

*DAOC Retired*
Txtflame RR8
Eighth RR8
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

lol i know mind blowing huh

ok the new dracula with johnathan ryhs mears .. or however the hell its spelled ...well i must admit i thought this would be a bit shit ...well its not ..had me griped from the begining to the end ..never took my eyes off the screen ..its well writen the plots work and the reveals of them and what there about is spaced perfectly ..and the acting is dam good ..definatly one to watch ..that said however its only the pilot ..so it could go the way of blacklist and stay superb or it could go to utterly shit as cbs has bought it we will see
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

almost human ..new tv series starring Karl urban ..its a sort of blade runner meets judge dredd ..its only the pilot so far .. and there is good news and bad .. the good news is its absolutly outstanding in every way ..the bad news is fox has bought it so id say it will be dumbed down to fuck and made kid friendly ..and end up been nothing like this utterly brilliant pilot ..we will see
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

just a quick update for almost human ...its stayed good
Ghengis
Danish Blue

Post by Ghengis »

hawkeye wrote:just a quick update for almost human ...its stayed good
i agree
blacklist is also still grabbing my attention.
sleepy
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

riddick ..well if you were a fan of pitch black your gonna love this one
i like these films mainly for the character of riddick ..chronicles of riddick was i think unfairly panned ..at least it was original

anyway this one is tense and gritty like pitch black was .. yes they threw a few stupid things in there like the dog .but still i really enjoyed it
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

hunger games 2 ..catching fire ...i did a silly thing here . i wanted to keep the emotion i felt from the 1st film so i watch that again before i watched this ...erm not a great idea in one way ..total genieus in another ..the entire film my heart was pounding i got more and more angry .and it went further tears ect some ranting ect .. my girlfriend was highly amused at all of this ...but all in all without giveing anything away this is a top class 2nd film in a trilogy ...and tbh its a must see in every respect.nd the girl that plays catnis ....what a find she is ..expect to see much more of her in the future
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Rush ...the story of the rivalry between james hunt and nicky lauder
holy crap ..this is utterly mesmerizing
you dont need to be into formula one to watch this one its about the 2 men ..1st class directing from ron howard and the acting is very solid indeed ..highly recommend
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

hawkeye wrote:hunger games 2 ..catching fire ...i did a silly thing here . i wanted to keep the emotion i felt from the 1st film so i watch that again before i watched this ...erm not a great idea in one way ..total genieus in another ..the entire film my heart was pounding i got more and more angry .and it went further tears ect some ranting ect .. my girlfriend was highly amused at all of this ...but all in all without giveing anything away this is a top class 2nd film in a trilogy ...and tbh its a must see in every respect.nd the girl that plays catnis ....what a find she is ..expect to see much more of her in the future
The Hunger Games is a great read, Suzanne Collins does a great job of describing the emotion, hunger, pain etc.

I've not quite finished the last book so no idea how it ends yet, but I've seen the first film and although it's a good film (I would recommend it to anyone) for me it doesn't come close to the fabulous descriptive writing of the book for tugging at the emotions.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

yeah fair enough bleri .. but no film can ever beat a book ..take game of thrones they have done a stellar job on the the series its total class .. but compared to the books its utter crap ..nothing can ever beat the human imagination

Enders game .. harrison fords new sci fi ..this is tbh utter shit they did the most sinfull thing ever in a sci fi and gave it a cuddly huggy disney end ... FUCK OFF

escape //stallone swarzneger didnt fancy this at all till i found out how the director was ..the guy who did girl with the dragon tattoo ...its a bloody good film in all honesty ..and certainly worth a watch ..if there is a negative its maybe that its a bit longer and more drawn ut than needs to be ...still i like this directors old fashioned thriller style so i enjoyed it

Red 2 .... hahahah john malcovich lolz ..its actually funnier than the 1st one ..doesnt take thing series in any way shape or form but unlike the childish utterly annoying humur of films like anchorman this is all pretty much black humour and it works ..great for a laugh
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

american hustle ...ok this is a pretty strange one ..there is no action the story is thin as hell .But the performances of the 4 main actors are unbelivable ...you dont catch anyone phoneing it in here ....its worth a watch thats for sure but action junkies should look elswere

The book thief ...omg this is one of the most touching stories iv ever seen ...geofrey rush is as always outstanding ..the the actress who plays his daughter was mesmerising ..... completely out did every other actor except one ..yup you got it rush ..the the film is pretty much narrated by death ..and you just get drawn in ... once more this film has no action ..but a very very touching story ..for me its a must see