movie reviews

General stuff about WAR or any other games we play. Post and say hi!

Moderators: Fingoniel, Stranglehold Moderators

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

come get some noobs!!!!!!
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Parker ... jason statham and jennifer lopez .. very mediocere at the best lopez as usuall cant act and is there for some eye candy .. some of the fight scenes are very jason bourne at least .. but the film as a whole just isnt that great ... dont get me wrong here its by no mean terrible either

Red dawn .... the remake of the late eighties film of the same name
utter shit in every way ..without a doubt one of the worst films ever
the australian remake of the same name is much better than this joke of a movie

Lincoln ... daniel day lewis ... much has been made of this movie .. with everyone saying lewis's performance is outstanding ... well sorry but as a huge fan of the man .. this film is one of the most boring piles of shit i have ever watched .. and doubly shocking that its a speilberg film .... steer well clear of this id rather masturbate than watch it

Django unchained ... this has got to go down as the second greatest spagetti western ever made just behind the good the bad and the ugly ... not one shitty performance in the entire film .. the action is good mixed with the right amount of comedy ...<i cant see a fucking thing in this god dammed sack > ROFLMAO
and the master stroke was getting enzo marcconi to do the music .. the guy who did the music for all of the best spagetti westerns
film is a joy to watch ... its a must see for any fan of the spagheti western

Gangster Squad ....this film isnt bad at all its an old fashiond action gangster film in the same mould as the untouchables ..sean penn makes a good pychotic loony .. broline is good as the crazy war vet sgt cop ... recommend this one

the impossible ...naomi watts and ewan mcgregor .. a family in thailand just as the wave hit ... quite a distressing film ..but not great either ..its missing something that i cant put my finger on
wait for it to come to TV

Lawless hillbillies running moonshine ect during the phroabition .. its nothing special but its not bad either .. i rather enjoyed it myself
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Southland .. TV series ... started watching this a few days ago .. was recomended to us .... think the Shield for this one but with no dirty cops .. its done by TNT so you dont get sex scenes or gore .. they leave it mostly to your imagination
i have to say this series is outstanding and some episodes will shock you in just how random the crazy nut jobs in america can be
the ppl in the series are all solid and your gonna know most from other things .. even lucy liu does like 5 episodes
highly recommend this one
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Firefly...watched this again last week as well as the movie serenity .....
this tv series is weird really , and in a good way . I had totally forgotten just how attached you get to the ppl on that ship ..its without a doubt in my mind one of the BEST sc fi series ever made ..its pretty much a western in space .. but it works and i have to say at times its hilarious ..makes be sad that it was cancelled after 1 series .. but hey the ever growing fan base across the world got them to make the movie serenity ...and with dvd sales its one of the highest grossing films of all time ... now thats fan power
anyway i suppose what im saying here is .. if you have never seen this your really missing out .. FIND IT
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

GI joe 2 ... erm all i can say is....thanks for wasting 2 hours of my fucking life ...more hollywood shit from clueless morons who dont have the slightest idea what there doing ....go talk to the ppl from HBO then maybe you will make something worth watching
i mean for fucks sake .. <stomps off in total disgust>
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

The Americans ... tv series ... its about kgb agents living in america in the 1980.s .. there deep sleep agents .. start off really good . i loved it .. but there is a problem .. im on episode 9 now and they have dont the one thing that i hate .. alot of us tv shows do this .. its as though they run out of ideas half way into a series and fill 3 or 4 episodes with irrelivant boring and extremly anoying shit . Just to fill the episode quota for the series .. so what you tend to get is ep 1 to 4 great eps 5 to 8 .. wtf is this shit .. ep 9 to 10 or 13 depending on the series .. great again .. the biggest problem with doing that is it may work in america but everywere else ppl just think .. screw this shit and stop watching and never go back

its a shame really as i really liked it .. but i wont put up with a half arsed series .... next
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

welcome to the punch .. movie .. director .. ridley scot .. staring mark strong and james macavoy...this film is probably one of the best british films ever made .. dont get my wrong its a fairy predictable film i guessed right 9 out of 10 times what was going to happen before it did ..however this in no way spoiled the film for me as it usually would
id say the director was handed a pretty half arsed script and worked wonders with it .. and both strong and macavoy are just outstanding
very stylish thriller .. not to be missed
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Defiance .. the most hailed new sc fi tv series by the makers of battle star galactica ...well the game was pants so i didnt hold much hope for this ..started watching the pilot 30 seconds in im griped sold and couldnt take my eyes off it ...its kind of a cross between firefly and babylon 5 ..there is nothing ground breaking here .never the less i loved every minute of it .. and this is just the pilot so as usual there has to be all the usual character intro plot settings ect ect
looking forward to the next episode
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

davincis demons ..new series from starz ..its a cross between the borgias and sherlock holmes ..and its utterly brilliant ..only been 3 episodes so far but all 3 messmerised me ....this is in my opionion a must see series as it has a great cast and the writing is clever ...utter joy
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

update on defiance ... not gonna watch it anymore has annoyed the fuck out of me .. they bigged it up as a scfi tv show threw in some alien races .. but its in actual fact a tv show about a sheriff in a dusty western town...you can can tell even the to stories for each episode have simply been altered from old western scripts to this . pretty cheap assed if you ask me ..maybe they were trying to get that firefly feel to it i dunno .. but it just doesnt work ... and add in the fact that large chunks of the episoded are just boring as hell ... well i think i call foul on this one .. its pretty much the tv equivilent of a counterfit scam
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

hawkeye you're a movie review machine gun!!

My girlfriend is a big movie theater lover. Me not so much anymore. I get mightily annoyed at the rest of the demographic in a cinema. They're not there for the movie but to consume a night out making noise while eating/drinking/fornicating/whatever while I try to watch.

Fuck I'm getting old! Might have to call the local bowls club for a membership.
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Gribz0r wrote:.. They're not there for the movie but to consume a night out making noise ... fornicating/whatever while I try to watch.
Isn't that called dogging?

Whatever must be cheaper than a Soho night club surely?
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

eh ? grib who the fuck goes to the cinema anymore ? .P
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Borgia ..faith and fear ... this is canal tvs take on the borgia story its a rival to the series staring jerremy irons ...now while the later is the more glitzy and glamorous of the 2 they do tend to rush past too many events far to quickly .. and they invented mickeleto the super assasin ...faith and fear while a somewhat lower budget affair and having the actor who plays rogrigo borgia speaking in an american accent which almost made me turn it off after 15 mins .but i kept watching .. and i have to say its much much better than the jerremy irons version .. its gritty at times rather horrific certianly better writen..and very detailed .... it reminds me very much os series 1 and 2 of the tudors .. its currently available on netflix if anyone has that .. if not its worth signing up for the free month for this alone .... highly reccomend ..but stick with it the 1st 3 episodes are a bit shaky
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

Bleri McThrust wrote:
Gribz0r wrote:.. They're not there for the movie but to consume a night out making noise ... fornicating/whatever while I try to watch.
Isn't that called dogging?

Whatever must be cheaper than a Soho night club surely?
I like to choose which people I watch fornicating!
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

jericho ....the 1st 3 episodes will scare the shit out of you .. after that its drip drip tv ......bah whats with all these drip drip tv series . i mean do americans actually fall for how this shit works ... they tried in the uk a few times and every time it failed ..ppl simply stopped watching 3 or 4 episodes in .. like that shit with the aliens channel 5 tried about 2 years ago
all i can say is thank god for HBO
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

game of thrones ....so glad i stopped reading the books ...just watched season 3 episode 9 ... OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was so shocked and pissed off i almost killed my dog .. well ok i only snarled at him ..but not knowing whats gonna happen reminds you that in this series nobody is safe...no wonder this tv series is the biggest thing the world has ever seen

all bow down and worship at the alter of HBO lol
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

hawkeye wrote:game of thrones ....so glad i stopped reading the books ...just watched season 3 episode 9 ... OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was so shocked and pissed off i almost killed my dog .. well ok i only snarled at him ..but not knowing whats gonna happen reminds you that in this series nobody is safe...no wonder this tv series is the biggest thing the world has ever seen

all bow down and worship at the alter of HBO lol
Having read all the books, i'd been waiting for that episode for a looooong time.
I can assure you there's plenty more "shocking" moments to come in the next couple of seasons.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Read the books, read the books, read the books.
Playing Skyrim

Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Sadly the TV series will have caught up with the books before the next one is out :(
Playing Skyrim

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

no it wont m8 ..this series was only the 1st half of book 3
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

hawkeye wrote:no it wont m8 ..this series was only the 1st half of book 3
Book 3 and 4 will be combined in the next series or things will get very confusing for people who haven't read the books :wink:

Still hopeful we'll get book 6 with enough time to read it before the tv series catches up.
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

well just watched the season finally .....do i wait 12 months .. erm no back to the books

aya and hound on a killing rampage together lol wtf

is this the best tv series ever made or what
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Catalina wrote:
hawkeye wrote:no it wont m8 ..this series was only the 1st half of book 3
Book 3 and 4 will be combined in the next series or things will get very confusing for people who haven't read the books :wink:

Still hopeful we'll get book 6 with enough time to read it before the tv series catches up.
I wouldn't bet on it although the pressure of the TV series may well change things. Historically George RR Martin is not the fastest writer in the world :P with lots of revisions.

Book 3 released 2000
Book 4 released 2005
Book 5 released 2011

He has stated that book 6 will take about three years to write "but will be done when it's done".
Playing Skyrim

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

yeah point taken bleri .. you cant rush a good writer
colleen mucullen was the same with her series of books on republican rome <which i can highly recommend> 1st book the grass crown i think

anyway the only other fantasy writer i know of who has a tendency to knock off main characters is probably david gemmel and i think hes dead now ...druss the legend as a tv series anyone or waylander heheh
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Ooh a chance to name drop :)

David Gemell was a good customer of mine back in the day and the person that got me interested in Fantasy Fiction.

And yes he is dead, died of a heart attack a few years ago :(
Playing Skyrim

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

aye real shame bleri .. iv read all his books and really enjoyed them all ... even the lion of macadon which ppl say is his weakest book .. i loved it .. i used to like david eddings till i realized he just does the same story over and over with a slightly different setting .. cheap ass

if you want a good read that will have you peeing your pants laughing .. get orcs .. forgot auther sorry <anyone?> its about a bunch of orcs that find a dragon hoard that turns them into US marines .. funniest book i have ever read
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Hmm sounds interesting I thought.Search Amazon for Orcs and all I get is Orcs: First Blood etc. Now I've read that one and although good theirs no Marines in them.

Search "Orcs Marines" reveals, Grunts by Mary Gentle. I've stuck it on my must read list ta :)
Playing Skyrim

hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

thats the one .. sorry was a while since i read it .. but it really is the funniest shit ever oh and its a bit <cough> adult .. halfling tart humping orcs ect .. very naughty in parts hehe
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

Star trek .. into the darkness ...well i have no idea how they could mess it up so badly from the 1st movie but sadly this one is complete shite ..its so clichea its laughable ...the only thing that holds this movie up even a tiny bit is cumberlachs performance and spocks .. everyone else pretty much phones it in .. the plot is half arsed at best
shame really as i like this new cast

the hobbit ...over hyped to shit no were near as good as the media would lead you to belive ... dont get me wrong its ok and in parts funny . but over all its a very mediocre movie