How do you name yours?

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Eoforwic
Cheshire

How do you name yours?

Post by Eoforwic »

Always interested how peeple come up with character names from old role-playing days. I know we have a thread about this in CoZ anyway but thought it would be interesting to find out about others in the alliance and also it may help me to recognise a few more people in the alliance.

Eoforwic Sanguis - Anglo-saxon name i liked sound of. Sanguis is latin for blood.

Shylia Sanguis - Made up first name and she is Eof's sister.

Freina Kochana - Freina just a name I liked sound of and Kochana is something like beloved (in Polish I think!) and she is beloved :)

Kochanie/Kochana - my mincers the same as above

Beloved Baby - another merc and I have a love for mercs and she is my baby merc

Bleeding AndBruised - cos this is how my scout ends up

Bellah Donna - Took ages to get a first name I could use to make the complete name into a poison which i think is fitting for an inf.

Varghona - My sorceress. Means she-wolf (in Swedish). Made to match another sorcerer whose name means Evilwolf Wolf :)
Eoforwic Sanguis 50 Mercenary
Freina Varghona Kochanie Shylia Cherub Adored Wilki Fenrys Bellah
Canus Lupus Erectus
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Fingoniel - wanted Fingon but some nightshade already took it when I started back in March last year...

Fingon MacAlpine was one of the early scots chieftans (head of Clan Fingon which turned into Mackinnon)

Rest of my alts are using the random name generator :(
except for Rubella my infiltrator-to-be (we had a guild plan to all make infiltrators named after diseases)

and Glamis my smite/enhance cleric - (think macbeth :))
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Jiggs
Danish Blue

Post by Jiggs »

Jiggs is a cool dude who lives in barbados and is a friend of my cousin who lives there. When i started the game i had just got back from holiday there and i just thought it was a funky name :)

Tenebrae is an ancient catholic ceremony to do with Jesus's last rights, so it seemed a cool last name for a friar 8)

Farsot is the name of my cabalist, it means 'pestilence' in swedish. Pretty obvious one really :o

also i really like Oliems and Niland which i just made up for my healer and wizard.

my theurgist is called Option Paralysis after my renowned inability for indecisiveness :help:
Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

Rayzor: thats me rl nickname :)

Glidia: just a name from the random name generator i liked the sound of

JRHartley: my bg infil, the name is from the crap 80's advert, dunno why i chose it thou ;) (Fly Fishing by,)

Christopherr Lillicrap: named after an 80's childrens tv presenter, also in the 80's, whose name we all found hilarious when i was ikkle.

PrettyBubbles InTheAir: part of a line from the song "I'm forever blowing bubbles" which is dear to my heart as I have the misfortune of supporting West Ham Utd :help:
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
gremon
Cheshire

Post by gremon »

Gremon was the name of my gimpy paladin in Diablo2.
Prevail speaks for itself.
Esani .. Can't remember if I thought of this or the name generator.
Durielle . Duriel is the name of an end mob on the 2nd level of Diablo 2. But that name was already taken, so I made her a girl. And since he packed quite a punch is had to be a tank.
Zuster = Nurse in dutch
AGiantSuzuki will make some nice deathspam
Aphrodite was amazed it was still free
Last edited by gremon on Fri May 02, 2003 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gremon [Friar] - Prevail [Sorceress]
Durielle [Armswoman] - Esani [Minstrelle]
Aphrodite [Paladin] - Zuster [Cleric]
Tjall [Scout] - Toendra [Wiz]

GM of The Ministry
Larik
Blue Castello

Post by Larik »

Larik...really dunno where this came from, was a character in a book (Dragonlance i think) i read called Lorak or Lorik, think that was taken though, so changed some vowels around :)
Lennard...after St. Lennards name of a school where I grew up
Sallicylate...another infiltrator named after a type of poison :roll: , slightly changed from Salicylate to Sallicylate cos it's a she
Malletts Mallet...named after a gameshow on a 80's kids TV show, involving a yes/no game and being hit on the head with a giant rubber mallett. (Seemed appropriate for a tiny hero with a big hammer!)
Dalziel....someone off some tv show i watched once
Gribz0r
Wensleydale

Post by Gribz0r »

Moody McGregor: Moody because i can be pretty moody (especially when hungry) and McGregor is just a brand of clothes I wear a lot and the name fitted the highlander.
Gribald: Is an medieval germanic name and thus fits well with the theme of Albion. Sounds priestish to me so chose it for my cleric.
Merthen Point: A landmark in Cornwall (irl). Stumbled the name when planning a holiday and it sounds pretty good for a scout.
Gurkha Pickles: Gurkhas are asian warriors good in hand to hand combat (and also a weapon i think) so was nice for an infil. Pickles is a name I came up with because apparently Gurkha means Gurkin in Finnish and so Pickles it is :)
Faint Hearted: Speaks for itself
DAoC Europe: Retired - DAoC US: Retired
EvE Online: Retired - Warhammer: Retired
WoW: Retired
Playing: Minecraft (sue me)
Mcrobin
Brie

Post by Mcrobin »

Well mine is easy.

Mcrobin = I like the Mc, so I just put it in front of my real name.
And since I wanted to be easy to recognize, all my chars start with Mc. And lately, it seems more people are choosing an "Mc" name. :D

I'm not so original, but at least my names make people laugh!

Mcrobin
Mctrator
Mcrez
Mcbuff
Mcnecro
and so on...... :lol:
Mcrobin - Keepers of the light
Wardywonderland
Gorgonzola

Post by Wardywonderland »

People at ZAK have laughed at this for sometime and still do. So here goes.

Wardy Wonderland - This is a name that i use all the time for user id's on formus etc, but where does it come from i here you ask, well its a sad story and Eof should stop reading here. Some of you will know through the spam i put up now and then that i am a BIG Brighton and Hove Albion fan. On of the songs sung on the terraces is about a former player called Peter Ward. The song sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine goes like this.

And No1 was Peter Ward, and No2 was Peter Ward, and No3 was Peter Ward and No4 was Peter Ward, and No5 was Peter Ward and No6 was Peter Ward, and No7 was Peter Ward, and No8 was Peter Ward, and No9 was Peter Ward and 10 was Peter Ward, and No11 was Peter Ward. We all live in a WARDY WONDERLAND, a wardy wonderland, a wardy wonderland. We all live in a wardy wonderland, a wardy wonderland, a wardy wonderland.

So there you go.

Iona was one of the names i was considering for my daughter. It is a island of the coast of scotland, where the first christans landed in britian.

Ninnor comes from my 2 year old. When i was rolling him, she was playing with her police car going ninnor, ninnor or something like that.

Buxton is named after the water.

Memory is named so because all the other names that i tried were already taken.
Wardy Wonderland 50 Pally 900+ Alchemist
Buxton 50 Sorcerer
Memory 45 LGM AC
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

He shot he scored he must be Peter Ward .... Peter Ward ... Peter Ward.

Woohooo those where the days all crammed into the North Stand at The Goldstone :great:

Anyways back to my name.

I started of in beta with Dreamslayer, this was my name from a previous game (to embarrased to mention whcih one, but in hindsight it was a great chat engine lousy game).

Then when I was trying out characters I used the RNG whcih came up with amongst others Bleri. I played the Armsman so much and decided to go with him as a main that the name stuck.

Melodious ( my minstrel) was originally a role-playing character, he used to stand outside Camelot chatting up the ladies :) . Melodious just seemed an appropiate name for a woman loving Minstrel.

Kaletha was another RNG name, I tend to use it as Im fairly unimaginative :P

edit : Oh and McThrust was because I got fed up with people asking me are you Thrust/Slash. Cant say it worked I still get asked lol. Am currently bored with McThrust so looking for a new lastname.
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
Aule Valar
Gorgonzola

Post by Aule Valar »

Aule Elendur - Aule is the god of earth and crafts in LOTR, Elendur means darkstar (used to be Valar, which sorta means holy power, but he joined gol and fell from grace)
Sunfire - i was bored, crappy name
Ule, Ulle, Aulle - pretty odvious where they come from
Yavanna - Aule's wife in LOTR
Yvanna, Yavnna, Yavana - again farily odvious
Kementari - Yavanna's name in some random elf sect
Lasaell - Name generater
Soulstorm - a pbaoe sm, have a guess
Elendur - Elendar was taken as a name so changed it a little

All of them except Aule have Valar as their last name
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

Bleri McThrust wrote: edit : Oh and McThrust was because I got fed up with people asking me are you Thrust/Slash. Cant say it worked I still get asked lol. Am currently bored with McThrust so looking for a new lastname.
So which are you? ;) (I'm kidding I know you're full crush spec)

How about McErrensbloke?
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

[quote="Fingoniel
How about McErrensbloke?[/quote]

Never have understood why Errens characters are McBleriesGirl etc lol.

Could be something to do with me being a flirt, but I cant see that i am :p
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill