Ello

Funny links, guess the movie threads, anything else off topic.

Moderator: Stranglehold Moderators

Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Ello

Post by Fingoniel »

Thought I'd create a forum for planetside stuff :)

I'll make it closed/restricted if we ever need it but for now it's open.
Mortal puppet of Flimgoblin
Captain of the Humberton Blackguard
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

doubt i'll play past the free month, but it'll be a bit of fun while it lsts :wink:
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Mcrobin
Brie

Post by Mcrobin »

I think some peeps (maybe a lot) share that oppinion Catalina. I don't think anyone will last more then a month on there. I heared from different people they like it but don't see them playing it a long time.
Mcrobin - Keepers of the light
Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

im the same as cat, prolly be fun for 10 mins then not :)
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Bleri McThrust
Danish Blue

Post by Bleri McThrust »

Give us some real feedback then of what the games like :)

For my future Im looking post DAoC as Dragon Empires or World of Warcraft or possibly the ultimate MMORPG experience Middle Earth Online

These arent going to be till 2004 and I dont expect MEO untill 2005 at the earliest :(
Bleri McThrust - Pole Armsman DAoC
Playing Skyrim

Steam id - Bleri / bpbill
Kongregate Id: bpbill
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=bpbill
lenda
Mozarella

Post by lenda »

Also, keep an eye out for 'Horizons' imo :)
WoW : Eivie, Vevy, Yuuki, Yenas, ....
Wrath of the Lich King, the expansion that killed challenge.
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

It's great fun, planetside - not sure there's a huge longevity to it but that said I might still be playing after the month... wait and see methinks :)

take tribes 2, add some character progression and a heck of a lot more players, make it that much more open ended.

It's pretty good really :)
Eeek
Cornish Yarg

Post by Eeek »

Tis great FUN, and I do mean that :) however it has (at the moment) very limited shelf life and I expect alot of people will not play past the first month. It is not and, I believe, can never be a proper substitute for something like DAOC and the up coming games like it - WoW, DE etc

Having said that I will quite likely play beyond the first month, will just have to see, its only been a few days..
PotBS, Jumpgate, Planetside, DAOC, WoW, LOTRO, CoH, AO, Auto Assault, DnD, EQ2, WAR, ESO: all gone
EVE: Still kinda playing
Catalina
Caboc

Post by Catalina »

Had great fun last night, for the first time the enemy gathered a big force to try and resecure a base we were hacking. This resulted in an epic fight with both sides having 50+ ppl involved :swords:
DAoC: Retired
Many Other MMO's: Retired
SW:TOR Retired
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

was scary getting into one of the bases just to see the swarm of green dots on the radar (friendlies)

zerg! :D
Rincewald
Stilton

Post by Rincewald »

Have a look at http://www.roguishness.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ight=#6610 for my humble opinions 8)
What, me worry?
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

tis only 12$ a month - the 25$ is the EQ+planetside+10 other games package...

it's good fun :) but I know what you mean.
Mcrobin
Brie

Post by Mcrobin »

Rincewald_CoZ wrote:Have a look at http://www.roguishness.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ight=#6610 for my humble opinions 8)
Ah nice story! Thx.
Mcrobin - Keepers of the light
Addryc
Gouda

Post by Addryc »

Hopefully we can get a full, well-rounded squad going - with only like 4 people its kinda difficult to accomplish much on our own!

If you have a full squad you can do captures etc a LOT easier - plus it makes having a Sunderer/Galaxy cert more viable.

Probly going to re-roll my guy as a Reaver pilot tho - but we shall see!
Humberton Blackguard:
Andryca, 6 Sorceress
Addryc, 1 Chosen
Andryth, 1 Disciple

RETIRED
DaoC Humberton Guard:
Andryc Maelwedd, 20 Briton Reaver
Addryc Maelwedd, 20 Briton Friar

Post by Guest »

I loves it myself, and actually havnt logged onto DAOC since I got it. There are some concerns about longevity, but the amount of flexibility in squad and character setup keeps it pretty fresh. The teamplay element is extremely good fun as well, meaning that you actually have to follow commands/stay together/focus fire or whatever to be a successful squad.

I think I'll be playing it for some time to come to be honest, its got a really epic feel and theres just so many different approaches to the gameplay.

I'd reccomend it, even if just for the trial month, the change of pace is most welcome !

Post by Guest »

Oh.. post above from Goldenbone (The Merry Men and now Humberton Guard (planetside)).

Didnt login (doh)
Aule Valar
Gorgonzola

Post by Aule Valar »

its great fun :D
went for a reaver straight away (i love air combat), found my first victim whilst flying towards a 'hot zone' proceded to ruthlessly miss with rocket after rocket, before having to close to within 5 metres as he ran away strafing alongside the bloke guns blazing til he fell 8) , then saw two enemy galaxys (HUGE dropships) one down a 2nd touching down, looked very cool, emptied what remaining rockets i had at onem, killed a bloke as he got out, then fled but got brought down by two enemy reavers

coolest move yet :wink: ran out of ammo and saw an enemy reaver left hoviering just above the ground, so i moved slowly up to it, then pushed in, afterburners blazing, into two enemies :great: , delivering pain unto them :D (and then had a little bit of trouble with trees, and homing missiles :evil: )
hawkeye
Danish Blue

Post by hawkeye »

hmmm sound like a long on blast shit to hell for 20 mins then logg off to me from what ppl have told me ... personally im waiting for EQ 2 at xmas as the 1st one did in its time they say it will blow ppl away we shall see
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

doubt eq2 will hold a candle to daoc myself :)
Aule Valar
Gorgonzola

Post by Aule Valar »

EQ = daoc pvp server (ie, shite)
Rayzor
Mozarella

Post by Rayzor »

gonna cancel me subs. i dont play it that much and it aint for meh :)
DaoC Farewell Vid

PS3: Rayzor587

WoW: Back for winter <cough>
HG Forever
Aule Valar
Gorgonzola

Post by Aule Valar »

tbh i'm tempted to cancel as well until i get cable in october, playing it with a modem is poinltess most of the time, occasionally you'l get to fight somewhere where its not laggy and its damn sweet, but most of the time its hugely laggy, and hitting people is pure luck..., and as for reloading within a century of pressing reload.... :evil:
Sarum TheBlack
Cheddar

Post by Sarum TheBlack »

Ello!

Somehow I let Fing talk me into joining your outfit (I blame n00bish clicking of buttons without reading the text...:P)

So I'll be shooting you in the back (why do people insist on standing infront of me while I'm shooting?), and placing movement sensors where I wanted turrets, at a base near you soon!
Sarum TheBlack
Soulless Slave, Mega-Mangiio and Fire Wizard.
Aule Valar
Gorgonzola

Post by Aule Valar »

it is a pity you can't place mines and turrets inside, mines around corners make people a lot more careful 8)
Fingoniel
Brugs Broodje

Post by Fingoniel »

hehe :)

can place the manually triggered ones inside though...

was funny... ran my reaver out of ammo (killed one bloke with 3 bullets spare, no rockets) flew towards the gun tower, being blasted with missiles, bailed out, landed next to someone, dropped a mine, ran 3 feet, blew him up before being cut down in a hail of bullets.

superb fun :)
Larik
Blue Castello

Post by Larik »

I'm in the outfit now, if you see a noob called FordPrefect around go easy on him :)

Had a laugh on it this weekend, the Reaver plane's going to take a bit of getting used to, seemed to spend most of me time crashing into trees and wandering around the bases looking for a new one :)
Highlight was gunning on someones tank, zooming around shoooting people and oops, we missed one lets run him down instead.... :swords: